Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Tip us?

netsyd
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
If anybody has one of the bodyguardz pure glass screen protector I would be interested in knowing how well it fits on the screen.
Just the Bodyguardz Pure in today (bought it on sale as well). I'll write up a review at some point soon - but I figured I could at least attach a couple pictures so everyone could see how it fits.

I was a little concerned that it didn't cover enough, but after writing a bit with the Spen and swiping out some emails with Swiftkey - I didn't run in to (or over) the edge of the protector once. I also stuck mine down a little left of center. Not by much though. Make sure you line it up right since there isn't much room to screw up or you cover the front facing camera.

I will also say .. anyone buying a screen protector to add some "grip" to the screen so it feels more like writing on paper, this isn't the one for you. The Spen and your finger slide over this thing like they're on ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1447.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	1752756   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	1752757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1446.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	1752758  

Current Devices:
Galaxy S4 Mini - SGH-i257m on AT&T LTE
Nexus 5 32 GB Running Kangakat

First Smartphone:
HTC Wizard
The Following User Says Thank You to netsyd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T.J. Bender
Old
Thanks Meter 1032
Default Re: [REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Just installed an iSmooth. Not thrilled, honestly. There's an orange peel/rainbow when viewed at an angle. Strongly considering ordering a Spigen (my previous protector)

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Wakelocks got you down? Click here.

Think before you flash. Read or brick. It really is that simple.

If for some stupid reason you feel like donating to me, please go to www.psp.org instead and make a donation in honor of F.V. It's tax-deductible, and you'll feel better about yourself for doing that than you would buying me a beer.

layziebone
Old
Thanks Meter 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by layziebone View Post
Just installed my iSmooth screen protector. Installation was really easy. I noticed the spen doesn't slide as smooth as I thought. When im using s note and drawing or writing, I really need to press a bit hard or it wont write at all. Anyone else notice this with the iSmooth compared to not having a screen protector?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
PLEASE DISREGARD WHAT I ORIGINALLY POSTED.
After several hours from installing the iSmooth SP and writing my post, I can actually say now that the sPen slides sooo smoothly with this SP. I think it just needed sometime to for the SP to adjust with the screen.
So for those who have just installed the iSmooth, give it a few hours and that rubbery feel will go away.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

fieslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
im using diamon screen protector for my note2

noobhero
Old
Thanks Meter 72

just received my China made tempered glass. I think I can never see myself going back to normal screen guard again if there is a glass option. this is after a few brand less ones and 2 pieces of just like glass.

Sent from my GT-N7105

c0rsaro381
Old
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Default R: [REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

I'm using the pure screen protector

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2
If you like my work consider to buy me a glass of milk

soulesschild
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
A lot of hate here for JLG it seems.

Put me as one of the customers satisfied overall with my JLG. I had 3 defective ones (small glue bubble or what not) and every time I asked nicely for a replacement it was sent to me no questions asked. Usually came within 2-3 business days. Allison and Scott were very polite and cordial so no complaints on customer service from them here.

I have been noticing some weird S-Pen behavior, not sure if it's due to my JLG or not as it was fine before but I don't feel like peeling it off just to test and having to buy a new protector.

I think the only other protectors that interest me currently are the Mime glass protector and the kickstarter Rhino shield.

T.J. Bender
Old
Thanks Meter 1032
To update, the "orange peel" seems to have disappeared from the iSmooth, and it's got a very nice feel to it. It's not sealed quite right at the top, though, which is a disappointment.
Wakelocks got you down? Click here.

Think before you flash. Read or brick. It really is that simple.

If for some stupid reason you feel like donating to me, please go to www.psp.org instead and make a donation in honor of F.V. It's tax-deductible, and you'll feel better about yourself for doing that than you would buying me a beer.

AlphaNoble
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Does anybody know of a review of the clarivue glass sp? here is the link to the product: http://www.clarivue.com/samsung-n710...tor-cover.html
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (Rooted, CM 11)
Formerly: HTC ThunderBolt (Rooted, LiquidSmooth ICS), Sprint Nexus S 4G (Rooted, CM7), Xoom Wifi, Nexus 7 Wifi

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 245
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2157304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNoble View Post
Does anybody know of a review of the clarivue glass sp? here is the link to the product: http://www.clarivue.com/samsung-n710...tor-cover.html
Just look at couple of pages and you shall get it.