5,599,616 Members 43,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen, Remove Tampered Text!

Tip us?

MrMiami81
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Thanks!!

Thank you for the red text script!! Worked like a charm!!

grayfoxmg1
Old
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
So I just did the long method to remove my tampered box(RUU and all). Following the instructions it took maybe 45min total, and most of that was the RUU. I also used the Regawmod program and the plugin the OP made to make a 'stealth' bootloader(it says Locked, S-ON, and no red text). I was going to include the hboot/bootloader image the program spit out for me in this post, but thought better of it. Instead I have a question to ask, would my Unlock_code.bin work on any OneX(L) that is super CID or is it only good for my device? I am asking because I am debating on making a zip for the OP to put in his post that will include the 2.20 RUU, my bootloader, the 2.3.1.0 twrp recovery image, and my unlock token(if it would work on any super CID phone that is S-OFF) if not that I will just provide the other stuff to be put in the 1st post at the OP's discretion.
Current Devices:
Nook Color:

HTC One X (AT&T):

Did you know that Team Venom has their own forum? CHECK IT OUT
The Following User Says Thank You to grayfoxmg1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KitWasHere
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default Re: [HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen, Remove Tampered Text!

Yea I'm pretty sure the unlock token is specific to only one device, good thought though. Having the recovery and everything in one download would make this even easier for people afraid of searching

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
HTC One X (Evita)
CM 11 (Latest Nightly)
TWRP 2.6.3
S-Off, HBoot 2.14

blaz1nr
Old
Thanks Meter 844
Default Re: [HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen, Remove Tampered Text!

Each unlock token is device specific. In my sig there's a pre built adb/fastboot setup. Just drop in stuff to flash and go. If you know what to do with the folder. Works on every pc/os and for every android device.

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

FOLLOW ME!!!! RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!!

liamstears
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitWasHere View Post
Yea I'm pretty sure the unlock token is specific to only one device, good thought though. Having the recovery and everything in one download would make this even easier for people afraid of searching

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
As much of a good idea as it is to have an all in one zip everyone uses different radios, recoverys, roms, hboots etc so this isn't really a viable option
UK HTC One XL 32gb - Venom ViperXL!

One XL Venom Theme Animation

Sensation Venom Theme Animation
Sensation Theme Animation
DHD Theme Animation
Old Thread - XDA Forum Link

Please Donate $

My name is Liam Stears, username is liamstears, im not laim or liamsters or liamstars or limestears, please check you use my name right...

Nalin12
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thumbs up Removed Red Text

Just removed the red htc warning text on hboot 1.14,

Whole process worked like a charm

NJGSII
Old
Thanks Meter 304
I'm trying to remove the tampered text, and no matter what once I get to the screen in the RUU with the update button and hit that, nothing happens. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I have downgraded the rom on my phone, but it still says the image that's on the phone is 3.17. My h-boot is now 1.09.
Current Devices:

AT&T HTC One M8

Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1230

DONATE TO ME
I don't know if anyone else encountered this but after I S-OFF'd I changed my CID back to TELUS001 However, I could not manage to flash RegawMOD's zip until I changed my CID to 11111111 again.

Thanks for the cool mod!

blaz1nr
Old
Thanks Meter 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGSII View Post
I'm trying to remove the tampered text, and no matter what once I get to the screen in the RUU with the update button and hit that, nothing happens. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I have downgraded the rom on my phone, but it still says the image that's on the phone is 3.17. My h-boot is now 1.09.
Try running the ruu booted. Usb debugging checked unknown sources checked.
Or your not actually in fastboot.
Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

FOLLOW ME!!!! RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!!

johnnyp12321
Old
Thanks Meter 15

Any chance of support for hboot 1.11??

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app