[Q] help! think i bricked my tf700

Search This thread

prasse

Jun 28, 2012
help im in trouble, i went from parandroid rom to do a nandroid recovery to clean rom and now my dear tf700 wont boot up i get the asus loading screen and thats it, i cant go into recovery either....what i can do is get into an option screen that i havent seen before where i can wipe ( dosen´t help) or connect with usb, but that dosent do anything... please help im getting desperate here :S

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
help im in trouble, i went from parandroid rom to do a nandroid recovery to clean rom and now my dear tf700 wont boot up i get the asus loading screen and thats it, i cant go into recovery either....what i can do is get into an option screen that i havent seen before where i can wipe ( dosen´t help) or connect with usb, but that dosent do anything... please help im getting desperate here :S

How long did you let it sit on the Asus screen?
Which recovery and version?

I've seen my tablet take 45 minutes to boot on older versions of TWRP after a ROM flash.
This hasn't happened for quite a while however.

prasse

Jun 28, 2012
This is really important - which version of the bootloader are you on and which version of which recovery do you have installed?

Ye gave it a couple of hours The first time, and The custom recovery is twrp of goomannager so gotta be one of The newer version, can't rememeber The excat version however :s

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Ye gave it a couple of hours The first time, and The custom recovery is twrp of goomannager so gotta be one of The newer version, can't rememeber The excat version however :s

Do yo usee ANY number flying about giving any indication as to what bootloader you're on? sbdags made an important point -- you'll need a current bootloader version to get the more recent ROMs working.

Oh, and ehh... please use interpunction -- you know, periods and commas and stuff. It makes a sentence that much more readable and understandable. :)

prasse

Jun 28, 2012
When you reboot with power and volume down it tells you the bootloader version in the top left. What is it?

thats just the thing, i don´t get the normal bootloader, instead i get a messeage saying " os will cold boot in 10 secs" and option to either wipe data or start fastboot usb download protocol"

but the last option doesen´t really do anything.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
thats just the thing, i don´t get the normal bootloader, instead i get a messeage saying " os will cold boot in 10 secs" and option to either wipe data or start fastboot usb download protocol"

but the last option doesen´t really do anything.

Sounds like you are on the ICS bootloader which means you have probably bricked your tablet unfortunately.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
the jellybean 4.1 was official if i remember correctly, however the "upgrade" to 4.2 was through the parandroid rom. But how would i have updatede my bootloader then?

The old ICS bootloader used to give some text first when booting with volume down and then you hit volume up to get some options.

The new JB bootloader gives 4 icons when booting with volume down held. It also tells you the bootloader version

From what you described it sounds like the old ICS bootloader. But of course I could be completely wrong as I can't see your screen.

Without you giving versions it is impossible to say what you have done but if you have done a reset from the bootloader (you said you have) and you are on the wrong recovery then you have likely bricked your device. Usually it was done with JB bootloader and an older version of TWRP. As you have said you were on 2.4.1.0(??) I'm not sure as you haven't detailed your bootloader.

Do you still have fastboot available? I.e., when you select it does it say starting fastboot?

prasse

Jun 28, 2012
The old ICS bootloader used to give some text first when booting with volume down and then you hit volume up to get some options.

The new JB bootloader gives 4 icons when booting with volume down held. It also tells you the bootloader version

From what you described it sounds like the old ICS bootloader. But of course I could be completely wrong as I can't see your screen.

Without you giving versions it is impossible to say what you have done but if you have done a reset from the bootloader (you said you have) and you are on the wrong recovery then you have likely bricked your device. Usually it was done with JB bootloader and an older version of TWRP. As you have said you were on 2.4.1.0(??) I'm not sure as you haven't detailed your bootloader.

Do you still have fastboot available? I.e., when you select it does it say starting fastboot?

okay thank you for the explanation, but no i dont have fastboot avaliable.... got the same screen as before.

prasse

Jun 28, 2012
ngionla appearance

How do you know you're on TWRP if you can't get into recovery?

well i got those previously two mentioned options.....if i take the wipe option, it automatiaclly enters the custom recovery and starts wiping, however im not in control, and can´t do anything while it wipes.

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
well i got those previously two mentioned options.....if i take the wipe option, it automatiaclly enters the custom recovery and starts wiping, however im not in control, and can´t do anything while it wipes.

Is there any way you could in some way put up a picture of the screen on the tablet?
When you mention "wiping" is that a system wipe or do you know if it is the eMMC (sd0) wipe?

Wish there was a way to see your tabs boot\recovery screen.

Tablet%20Fboot%281%29.JPG

Is it anything like the above image?

prasse

Jun 28, 2012
Is there any way you could in some way put up a picture of the screen on the tablet?
When you mention "wiping" is that a system wipe or do you know if it is the eMMC (sd0) wipe?

Wish there was a way to see your tabs boot\recovery screen.

Tablet%20Fboot%281%29.JPG

Is it anything like the above image?

Ye almost the excat same, i Can upload a picture when i get home... But no i dont know the difference between, your mentioned wipes sorry :s..

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
That sounds like you do not have any recovery available. If you connect the tablet to the computer via SUB and pick the USB option, what happens?

pvka13

Jan 2, 2013
Kaunas, LTU
Isn't the fastboot built into the bootloader? It should be always possible to recover if you can get to the recovery select screen and select fastboot, shouldn't it?