What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

is there a way to completely return to stock?

22nd February 2013, 08:08 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando Florida
Thanks Meter: 22

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724

Hmm, what archive manager do you use? With 7-Zip, I'm able to go inside the image downloaded from Google, and then go into it again, and then I get the folder.

i had winrar...im using now 7 zip...and when i click on flash all bat it says waiting for device...im in bootloader and i have the drivers already

22nd February 2013, 08:13 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando Florida

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
< waiting for device >
erasing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.037s]
finished. total time: 0.038s
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.057s]
finished. total time: 0.058s
erasing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.029s]
finished. total time: 0.030s
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.048s]
finished. total time: 0.050s
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.227s]
finished. total time: 0.230s
error: cannot load 'bootloader-manta-mantalj12.img': Unknown error

rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.004s
< waiting for device >
error: failed to load 'image-mantaray-jdq39.zip': No error
Press any key to exit...

look at this error...what am i doing wrong?
22nd February 2013, 08:20 PM |#13  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 523

2,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
hmm, try running fastboot devices from a command prompt, it should return a device name.
22nd February 2013, 08:23 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando Florida

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
how would yo do that???
22nd February 2013, 08:29 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando Florida

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hmm, try running fastboot devices from a command prompt, it should return a device name.

ok i actually got it to work.....so this basically returns everything to stock right.....is it still unlocked?
22nd February 2013, 08:33 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando Florida

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i forgot to add i still cant seem to go into the stock recovery....when i do it gives me the open android with the red exclamation point.
22nd February 2013, 10:09 PM |#17  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 523

2,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielOspina

i forgot to add i still cant seem to go into the stock recovery....when i do it gives me the open android with the red exclamation point.

Hold Power Button for half a second and press vol down. If it says "No command." then you may have a different issue then.
23rd February 2013, 01:53 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando Florida

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hold Power Button for half a second and press vol down. If it says "No command." then you may have a different issue then.

when i do that it actually says downloading....do not turn off target..i cant go anywhere else now...

Edit: nvm i got it to recovery but it says no command ....
Last edited by GabrielOspina; 23rd February 2013 at 03:55 PM.
25th February 2013, 06:24 AM |#19  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Thanks
Quote:

Thanks espionage. I have been working on getting my Nex10 back to stock for too long. This post worked like a charm (I created an account just to say thanks ). I haven't figured out how to give you a "thanks" yet but I will when I do
Last edited by malfina; 25th February 2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: just a bit more detail
6th January 2015, 01:31 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Quote:

https://developers.google.com/androi...mages#mantaray

Is the best way to return to complete stock. You'll need to download Android SDK and add the platform-tools directory to PATH though (not too difficult, there's a few guides around), and then just run the flash-all.bat while your N10 is in bootloader.

Do not use toolkits unless you want to break your N10 without knowing what's wrong with it.

Hi! I am trying to do whatever is necessary to get my n10 able to install directly from ota updates. I unrooted by following instructions that said it would return the device to stock, but ota's still dont work. Someone on xda linked me to this post but I am a bit confused by your post. You have a link to factory images and then you say to download android sdk and add platform tools directory to PATH and then flashall.bat while n10 is in boot loader.

Does this mean that I should first download a factory image? Which one? (i am currently running 4.4.2, so should it be this one?)

Once the factory image is downloaded, if i follow the instructions above, by doing "flashall.bat" does this find the factory image and apply it? Does it need to be in a specific folder on my mac?

when i googled instructions for adding platform tools directory to PATH for mac yosemite, I found these instructions: http://codexpi.com/add-android-adb-p...os-x-yosemite/

Are these the correct instructions?

I really appreciate any guidance you can offer. I have looked all over for clear instructions but no luck so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread