[PA Colors] [2013-05-21] Z_colors

Search This thread

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
Ok, here is a pet project I've been working on, search didn't yield that anyone else had posted something similar.
Basically it adds another button on the Hybrid properties launch section, where you would see the different ui buttons, that contains color presets for more apps.

Includes:
Xda app (regular, pro, and tab) (dark theme)
Instagram
Netflix
Gmail
Flipboard
Ingress
Stock clock
Dropbox
Alarm Clock Xtreme
Evernote
MyScript Calculator
News & Weather
Dialer
Facebook
Facebook Messenger
Hangouts
Google Plus
Apex Launcher (Transparent statusbar)
Email
Grocery IQ
BaconReader (reddit app)
BeyondPod
Kindle
iHeartRadio
Google Play Music (there seems to be some kind of bug with this one)
Google Keep
Notes Lite by Fluffy Delusions

If you have more color presets, feel free to post them and I'll add them in if they look right.

Flashable zip version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxbq57khasraqxx/Z_colors-2013-05-21.zip
Manual version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oadn3izkqz1k805/Z_colors-2013-05-21.xml

For the manual version, copy the Xml to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/
Set perm to rw-r--r--

Undo options

There is no one click method to get rid of the applied Zcolors without removing any other modifications you have made in the hybrid properties, this is a limitation of the Hybrid Engine. There are three ways I can think of off of the top of my head to revert these colors:
1. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Apps, then click on the app you want to revert to stock, then click the reset icon (circle arrow with a dot in the middle). Repeat for each app.
OR
2. Using a file explorer, go to /system/etc/paranoid/ and open properties.conf. under ##SYSTEM PREFERENCES you will see a bunch of entries like "com.facebook.katana.colors="FFCBD2DF|B2FFFFFF|FFF FFFFF|FF5975B0|FFFFFFFF". Delete the lines for the apps you don't want the coloring on.
OR
3. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Tools > Reset Properties. This will get rid of all Zcolors and any other modifications you have made to per app colors/dpi. If that doesn't bother you, then this will be the quickest easiest route.

Also, If after doing that, you want the Zcolor option to go away, you can go to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/ and delete Z_Colors.xml. All my flashable file does is drop that XML in the right folder and set permissions correctly for it.

Last edited:

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version History
-2013-05-21
Changed from default PA colors:
Facebook
Hangouts
Plus
Added:
Apex Launcher Transparent statusbar
Email
Grocery IQ
Bacon Reader
Facebook Messenger
BeyondPod
Kindle
iHeartRadio
Google Play Music (there seems to be something preventing this one from working)
Google Keep

2013-03-15
Added:
Ingress
Stock clock
Dropbox
Alarm Clock Xtreme
Evernote
MyScript Calculator (one of my new favorite apps)
News & Weather
Dialer

-2013-02-22
Fixed permissions
Added screenshots

-2013-02-21
Initial upload

Attachments

• m-xrrfDdKoaomKTs7y5IPZQ26kXoA8cKGfkPYDWSC5I.jpg
    m-xrrfDdKoaomKTs7y5IPZQ26kXoA8cKGfkPYDWSC5I.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,477
  • Ia2WbgOrZbntvvhq-3yF150oWli0URheqMJ4REXQNMA.jpg
    Ia2WbgOrZbntvvhq-3yF150oWli0URheqMJ4REXQNMA.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,361
  • vDMZj0M_vkx_F248Kd6eXj628a6BHA8c0FmZBDJva_s.jpg
    vDMZj0M_vkx_F248Kd6eXj628a6BHA8c0FmZBDJva_s.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,419
Last edited:
Reactions: g51363

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
Re: [PA Colors] [2031-02-21] Z_colors

Awesome! Can you post some screenshots of what they look like?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: zourn

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
Well, apparently it's broke. It was working, gotta figure out where it broke at.

EDIT: Fixed it, it was the dang permissions I screwed up.

Last edited:

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
Re: [PA Colors] [2013-02-22] Z_colors

Downloaded yesterday but pa settings kept force closing so i had to reflash rom, has it been fixed does anyone know.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
Downloaded yesterday but pa settings kept force closing so i had to reflash rom, has it been fixed does anyone know.

Do you have the one dated 2013-02-21, or -22?
The first one didn't set permissions correctly.
I just reflashed the -22 on a clean install, and it worked fine.
Let me know if you're having issues still.

Last edited:

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage

Will do

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

21st is the date on the one i flashed.

Reactions: zourn

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
Will do

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Yeah, I forgot to set that to set the correct permissions, the current one was fixed.

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Damn, by the title of the thread I thought that the PA team would try to fix the screen calibration as they did on the N4

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
Added new color presets!
Added presets for:
Ingress
Stock clock
Dropbox
Alarm Clock Xtreme
Evernote
News & Weather
Dialer

Reactions: g51363

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
New version bump.
Facebook
Hangouts
Plus
Added:
Email
Grocery IQ
Bacon Reader
Facebook Messenger
BeyondPod
Kindle
iHeartRadio
Google Play Music (there seems to be something preventing this one from working)
Google Keep

Is anybody using this?

g51363

Dec 4, 2008
New version bump.
Facebook
Hangouts
Plus
Added:
Email
Grocery IQ
Bacon Reader
Facebook Messenger
BeyondPod
Kindle
iHeartRadio
Google Keep

Is anybody using this?

Thx for the last update.
Unfortunately i flashed it and i don't have the half of all the apps that you announce. Is that normal?

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
Thx for the last update.
Unfortunately i flashed it and i don't have the half of all the apps that you announce. Is that normal?

The PA Hybrid color applier only shows the color configs for the apps you currently have installed.
It does apply all of the color changes to the properties.conf file though, so if you apply this and then install the app later, the coloring should still work.

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
appearently this is in the playstore ( the updated version) unfortunally can´t find it anymore. Anyone got a link?

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
appearently this is in the playstore ( the updated version) unfortunally can´t find it anymore. Anyone got a link?

What are you looking for?
If it's the ZColors, this is the most updated version, none of my work is in the playstore.
I can always add to it if you have requests, or fix it if something is broken.

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
What are you looking for?
If it's the ZColors, this is the most updated version, none of my work is in the playstore.
I can always add to it if you have requests, or fix it if something is broken.

My apologies, I confused it with something else. Thank you for your contribution, it´s much appreciated!

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
I noticed that when I for example open a (gmail)app where the top and bottem bar become white and I leave it for idle so it goes to the lock screen the bars remain white until I unlock the screen and close the app. Is this considered to be a bug? Could it be PA related?

gjfx.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here is a pet project I've been working on, search didn't yield that anyone else had posted something similar.
    Basically it adds another button on the Hybrid properties launch section, where you would see the different ui buttons, that contains color presets for more apps.

Includes:
    Xda app (regular, pro, and tab) (dark theme)
    Instagram
    Netflix
    Gmail
    Flipboard
    Ingress
    Stock clock
    Dropbox
    Alarm Clock Xtreme
    Evernote
    MyScript Calculator
    News & Weather
    Dialer
    Facebook
    Facebook Messenger
    Hangouts
    Google Plus
    Apex Launcher (Transparent statusbar)
    Email
    Grocery IQ
    BaconReader (reddit app)
    BeyondPod
    Kindle
    iHeartRadio
    Google Play Music (there seems to be some kind of bug with this one)
    Google Keep

If you have more color presets, feel free to post them and I'll add them in if they look right.

Flashable zip version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxbq57khasraqxx/Z_colors-2013-05-21.zip
    Manual version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oadn3izkqz1k805/Z_colors-2013-05-21.xml

For the manual version, copy the Xml to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/
    Set perm to rw-r--r--

Undo options

There is no one click method to get rid of the applied Zcolors without removing any other modifications you have made in the hybrid properties, this is a limitation of the Hybrid Engine. There are three ways I can think of off of the top of my head to revert these colors:
    1. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Apps, then click on the app you want to revert to stock, then click the reset icon (circle arrow with a dot in the middle). Repeat for each app.
    OR
    2. Using a file explorer, go to /system/etc/paranoid/ and open properties.conf. under ##SYSTEM PREFERENCES you will see a bunch of entries like "com.facebook.katana.colors="FFCBD2DF|B2FFFFFF|FFF FFFFF|FF5975B0|FFFFFFFF". Delete the lines for the apps you don't want the coloring on.
    OR
    3. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Tools > Reset Properties. This will get rid of all Zcolors and any other modifications you have made to per app colors/dpi. If that doesn't bother you, then this will be the quickest easiest route.

Also, If after doing that, you want the Zcolor option to go away, you can go to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/ and delete Z_Colors.xml. All my flashable file does is drop that XML in the right folder and set permissions correctly for it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version History
    -2013-05-21
    Facebook
    Hangouts
    Plus
    Added:
    Email
    Grocery IQ
    Bacon Reader
    Facebook Messenger
    BeyondPod
    Kindle
    iHeartRadio
    Google Keep

2013-03-15
    Added:
    Ingress
    Stock clock
    Dropbox
    Alarm Clock Xtreme
    Evernote
    News & Weather
    Dialer

-2013-02-22
    Fixed permissions
    Added screenshots

-2013-02-21
    Initial upload
    Re: [PA Colors] [2031-02-21] Z_colors

Awesome! Can you post some screenshots of what they look like?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Will do

Really nice and work great, thanks! I like the idea of changing app colours but haven't got around to doing it!