Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 52,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA

Tip us?

mata26m
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA

This is very good guide and it is all true.
I'm a member for quite long and this is my first post. When I joined I had N5800 and didn't know thing about Android. Today I flash roms weekly. All I learned I learned here. Without single post.
So.. keep reading.
Great community

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mata26m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

giupa87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default R: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata26m View Post
This is very good guide and it is all true.
I'm a member for quite long and this is my first post. When I joined I had N5800 and didn't know thing about Android. Today I flash roms weekly. All I learned I learned here. Without single post.
So.. keep reading.
Great community

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
5800 was my phone. It s really rock. My 5800 still work but it has been replaced by good galaxy nexus

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasdcool71 View Post
This is no longer a sticky??
I was a little bummed about that at first, but then I realized how many people completely blow by the stickies and never look at them, so maybe it is for the best to stay in the "general" thread list and just get bumped periodically. At least I tell myself that. I was hoping that it might be possible to direct new users here or make it "auto-subscribed" somehow, but it has been a while now without hearing back so maybe it wasn't possible. Oh well, at least some users are reading it and hopefully following it.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!

Chad The Pathfinder
Old
Thanks Meter 2,314
Default Re: [Q] Can't quote or do half the forum stuff?

Yea. Here is a quote from an important thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27147931

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112 View Post
~~~Posting Questions~~~
There are some restrictions on your posting ability when you first start here. For your first 7 posts, there is
a captcha prompt and a time limit in between posts. This is mostly to stop spammers from posting garbage
throughout every thread. There is a 2 minute limit between posting and editing your posts. This stops at
30 posts when you go from Junior Member to Member, so read twice, post once.
I'm a padawan with no master.

Chad The Pathfinder
Old
Thanks Meter 2,314
Default Re: [Q] Can't quote or do half the forum stuff?

Here is what I was refering to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112 View Post
~~~Posting Questions~~~
There are some restrictions on your posting ability when you first start here. For your first 7 posts, there is a captcha prompt and a time limit in between posts. This is mostly to stop spammers from posting garbage throughout every thread. There is a 2 minute limit between posting and editing your posts. This stops at 30 posts when you go from Junior Member to Member, so read twice, post once.
I'm a padawan with no master.

Pupsterface
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Great guide, and great forum! I have learned a lot here and I hope that I will get to help someone here one day

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app
I speak French and English, and I am currently learning German.
If you are a developer and needs something translated
related with Android
development
hit me up, I might be able to work something out!

My devices:
-Nexus 5 unlocked, rooted, CarbonROM.
-LG Optimus L7 P705, rooted, bootloader unlocked, KitKat Prime ROM.
-Asus Transformer TF300T, fully stock.

Gv916
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Cool Thanks for the intro

First off let me say thank you to everyone on this site. I am new to rooting and have come across this site countless times with rooting questions.. So i decided to sign up.. Its nice to know that their is a place where i can go to find out just about everything i want to know about how a phone operates and how ro get the most out of it. If im stuck or not sure about something i can come on here and search for a answer.. More likely than not somebody else has already solved my problem.. Just got to read.. I love to read and gain knowledge. I am also not into destroying my phone, so i try to find out everything i can before i jump into something. So anyways just wanted to say thank you once again to everyone that makes tgis site what it is, and to all the devs for their work with coming up with new and exciting roms, kernels, themes, etc..

antmasi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Hello

Helo,
i've been here for quite sometime now, almost 2 years reading and learning about android. Couple months back I bought a Nexus 7 to havw a more serious android experience! First device was a zte blade since then i've become a flashaholic! Lol

Thank you all mods, users and devs for the great help yuo've been giving me even without knowing it!

drumwizard
Old
Thanks Meter 73

I think the 10 post thing is a bad idea. I mean understand that you dont want noobs posting dumb questions and all, but how do you expect them to learn if you restrict their postings...?

I'm not a noob, but I'm not exactly an expect either. I've been over at mikmik for awhile, since my HTC EVO 4G days, got the ELTE now, need to ask viperboy a question about his Rom and can't cuz of that restriction.

Sent from my ELTE using xda app-developers app

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumwizard View Post
I think the 10 post thing is a bad idea. I mean understand that you dont want noobs posting dumb questions and all, but how do you expect them to learn if you restrict their postings...?

I'm not a noob, but I'm not exactly an expect either. I've been over at mikmik for awhile, since my HTC EVO 4G days, got the ELTE now, need to ask viperboy a question about his Rom and can't cuz of that restriction.

Sent from my ELTE using xda app-developers app
Of course you think it's a bad idea. Most people who have less than 10 posts think that because they think they're restricted. You're allowed to post across the vast majority of the site so it's not restricting at all.

How do we expect you to learn? By reading. As it says in the first post of this thread "Always read lots, post little."
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 6.09.401.5 | S-OFF ]
Can't find your answer or not sure where to post? Ask in the XDA Assist Forum
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

The Following User Says Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
captcha y u no go?, getting started in xda, how to get started on xda, how to start on xda, i can't post question in dev section??, user guide, xda new user guide, xda user guide