Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA

OP mikef

13th February 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #311  
mata26m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA
This is very good guide and it is all true.
I'm a member for quite long and this is my first post. When I joined I had N5800 and didn't know thing about Android. Today I flash roms weekly. All I learned I learned here. Without single post.
So.. keep reading.
Great community

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mata26m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 12:50 PM   |  #312  
giupa87's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
R: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mata26m

This is very good guide and it is all true.
I'm a member for quite long and this is my first post. When I joined I had N5800 and didn't know thing about Android. Today I flash roms weekly. All I learned I learned here. Without single post.
So.. keep reading.
Great community

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

5800 was my phone. It s really rock. My 5800 still work but it has been replaced by good galaxy nexus

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 10:02 PM   |  #313  
mikef's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Vegas, Baby! Likes:XDA,Android Dislikes:Spammers
Thanks Meter: 4,836
 
5,405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasdcool71

This is no longer a sticky??

I was a little bummed about that at first, but then I realized how many people completely blow by the stickies and never look at them, so maybe it is for the best to stay in the "general" thread list and just get bumped periodically. At least I tell myself that. I was hoping that it might be possible to direct new users here or make it "auto-subscribed" somehow, but it has been a while now without hearing back so maybe it wasn't possible. Oh well, at least some users are reading it and hopefully following it.
22nd February 2013, 08:31 AM   |  #314  
Chad The Pathfinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,490
 
2,317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [Q] Can't quote or do half the forum stuff?
Yea. Here is a quote from an important thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27147931

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112

~~~Posting Questions~~~
There are some restrictions on your posting ability when you first start here. For your first 7 posts, there is
a captcha prompt and a time limit in between posts. This is mostly to stop spammers from posting garbage
throughout every thread. There is a 2 minute limit between posting and editing your posts. This stops at
30 posts when you go from Junior Member to Member, so read twice, post once.

22nd February 2013, 02:06 PM   |  #315  
Chad The Pathfinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,490
 
2,317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [Q] Can't quote or do half the forum stuff?
Here is what I was refering to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112

~~~Posting Questions~~~
There are some restrictions on your posting ability when you first start here. For your first 7 posts, there is a captcha prompt and a time limit in between posts. This is mostly to stop spammers from posting garbage throughout every thread. There is a 2 minute limit between posting and editing your posts. This stops at 30 posts when you go from Junior Member to Member, so read twice, post once.

23rd February 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #316  
Pupsterface's Avatar
Member
Flag Sherbrooke
Thanks Meter: 18
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Re: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA
Great guide, and great forum! I have learned a lot here and I hope that I will get to help someone here one day

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 06:30 AM   |  #317  
Gv916's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 250
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Cool Thanks for the intro
First off let me say thank you to everyone on this site. I am new to rooting and have come across this site countless times with rooting questions.. So i decided to sign up.. Its nice to know that their is a place where i can go to find out just about everything i want to know about how a phone operates and how ro get the most out of it. If im stuck or not sure about something i can come on here and search for a answer.. More likely than not somebody else has already solved my problem.. Just got to read.. I love to read and gain knowledge. I am also not into destroying my phone, so i try to find out everything i can before i jump into something. So anyways just wanted to say thank you once again to everyone that makes tgis site what it is, and to all the devs for their work with coming up with new and exciting roms, kernels, themes, etc..
3rd March 2013, 01:41 PM   |  #318  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Hello
Helo,
i've been here for quite sometime now, almost 2 years reading and learning about android. Couple months back I bought a Nexus 7 to havw a more serious android experience! First device was a zte blade since then i've become a flashaholic! Lol

Thank you all mods, users and devs for the great help yuo've been giving me even without knowing it!
3rd March 2013, 02:09 PM   |  #319  
drumwizard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Re: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA
I think the 10 post thing is a bad idea. I mean understand that you dont want noobs posting dumb questions and all, but how do you expect them to learn if you restrict their postings...?

I'm not a noob, but I'm not exactly an expect either. I've been over at mikmik for awhile, since my HTC EVO 4G days, got the ELTE now, need to ask viperboy a question about his Rom and can't cuz of that restriction.

Sent from my ELTE using xda app-developers app
3rd March 2013, 02:23 PM   |  #320  
KidCarter93's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,872
 
10
14,480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumwizard

I think the 10 post thing is a bad idea. I mean understand that you dont want noobs posting dumb questions and all, but how do you expect them to learn if you restrict their postings...?

I'm not a noob, but I'm not exactly an expect either. I've been over at mikmik for awhile, since my HTC EVO 4G days, got the ELTE now, need to ask viperboy a question about his Rom and can't cuz of that restriction.

Sent from my ELTE using xda app-developers app

Of course you think it's a bad idea. Most people who have less than 10 posts think that because they think they're restricted. You're allowed to post across the vast majority of the site so it's not restricting at all.

How do we expect you to learn? By reading. As it says in the first post of this thread "Always read lots, post little."

The Following User Says Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
captcha y u no go?, getting started in xda, how to get started on xda, how to start on xda, i can't post question in dev section??, user guide, xda new user guide, xda user guide
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes