FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Any Ex S3 User

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Bus Driver, Senior Member on 23rd February 2013, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks

Update: Just got my Butterfly today and I must say it's gorgeous! Getting aquainted with Sense...
Last edited by Bus Driver; 26th February 2013 at 03:23 PM.

23rd February 2013, 05:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Originally Posted by Bus Driver

Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks

Instead of jumping to butterfly, if available go for S3-LTE (2gb, Quad Core) if you are into emails, native client of S3 is far superior then HTC. Large HD display does add value, however rest not much of a difference.
23rd February 2013, 08:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Driver

S3 felt smoother stock vs stock. Not much of a difference, the butterfly physically feels more like a premium phone though. Not really worth going thru the trouble upgrading
The Following User Says Thank You to ant178 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 08:42 PM |#4  
Flag Nevşehir
Thanks Meter: 3

More
have
I haven't it
24th February 2013, 02:56 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 798

Donate to Me
More
Once you use the Butterfly you won't ever return back to Amoled screens and that too Pentile
The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 03:13 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 13

More
So you had no trouble changing from Touchwiz to Sense?
24th February 2013, 03:17 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 798

Donate to Me
More
I hardly used Touchwiz (I actually hate it) ... so if you really like Touchwiz then it will be a learning curve for you ... if you can work on Android independent of tools/launchers then its no big deal

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

All I can say is that I think HTC is the only company which comes close to the fluidity and design sense of Apple (no pun intended!)
24th February 2013, 03:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Re: Any Ex S3 User
I miss sense now I'm using touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 07:49 AM |#9  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,318

More
I still have my S3 but I am enjoying my Butterfly a lot. Any issues I have is because I have the x920e and the Chinese Govt. have gone to great lengths to neuter any form of Google functionality.

As a personal preference, I like Sense more than I do TW. So at the moment, my S3 has been in my desk drawer collecting dust.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlevy73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 03:08 PM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I think TouchWiz is really cartoonish and not as polished as Sense. The Sense E-mail app is much nicer to use in my opinion, then the G-mail one. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and E-mail on it is not nice at all.
27th February 2013, 08:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
just like you i have always used samsung (galaxy s, nexus s, galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, galaxy s3, note, note2, also tab 7.7 and yes i have or had all of that) and the amoled screen but to be honest butterfly is the most beautiful phone i have ever had.. you can literally fall in love with it.. it has a goergeus display and a unibody design you just need to fell it in your hand. also sense is much beautiful than touchwiz. i am not saying you wont need anything else because you will definitly need some apps to get most out of it. anyway just one thing bothers me most and its lack of developer support..
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthless10001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread