Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Will this device ever have a dev team?

OP sebastianlow

21st February 2013, 09:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 20

446 posts
More
I just got this phone recently and I wondered if we will ever have a good dev team for this phone. The glory days of this phone is rather short lived as HTC announced the One but I really love this phone because of the screen and if devs all jumped to the One I will be quite sad. That said, do you guys think we will have a good dev team? I know this phone is not really released into other parts of the world yet and people should start browsing more on this forum when that happens.
21st February 2013, 12:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Smolensk
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Why do you think that its days are gonna end fast? M7, as i know do not have microSD slot. Its like an MP3 pleers story - when everybody stoped making them with external butteries. The iRiver t60 is the last one iknow with buttery - and now it sells for $200.
21st February 2013, 01:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianlow

I just got this phone recently and I wondered if we will ever have a good dev team for this phone. The glory days of this phone is rather short lived as HTC announced the One but I really love this phone because of the screen and if devs all jumped to the One I will be quite sad. That said, do you guys think we will have a good dev team? I know this phone is not really released into other parts of the world yet and people should start browsing more on this forum when that happens.

This device doesn't seem to be very popular, maybe you can still sell it while its retaining value and move on to the htc one when it releases.
21st February 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,091

10,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
this device did not launch in major gsm markets (most of europe, north america), and in fact despite being a better device (imo) because of the sdcard many gsm users bought the droid dna specifically because of better dev support from verizon devs at least

and even though the devices are similar, without one in hand most devs (myself included) wont port dna work to it since its too annoying
21st February 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
Thanks Meter: 89

1,040 posts
More
Re: Will this device ever have a dev team?
To be honest, this device will be my 2nd device once the HTC One is out BUT ONLY if there is a possibility to S-Off the HTC One. Without it, I don't see the point of having almost twice the same device.

f.

Sent from my x920d Butterfly using The Dark Side of the Force
22nd February 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 786

2,520 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just be glad that we have atleast one dev "mdeejay" porting his ROM for x920d ...
The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

446 posts
More
There should be official CyanogenMod support for this guy right? And, how hard is it to port a ROM to this device? I might want to learn to port some ROMs from the DNA to this one.
23rd February 2013, 05:25 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 786

2,520 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Will this device ever have a dev team?
I don't think there will be any CM support now that HTC One has been announced.. That device seems more promising with less variants to dev for..

As for developing yourself, that's how every dev started need patience, tech knowledge and some hard work plus time!

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 09:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag Smolensk
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
I dont understand - in what universe One is way better then Butterfly? As i know it has 10-20% faster CPU and NO microSD slot. LTE, NFC, full banf 3G support - is a questions. So why does everybody speaks about it? Aluminum case?

upd It have only 1 Gb RAM... Why is it so expectable???
Last edited by sublimethe; 23rd February 2013 at 04:17 PM.
23rd February 2013, 05:31 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimethe

I dont understand - in what universe One is way better then Butterfly? As i know it has 10-20% faster CPU and NO microSD slot. LTE, NFC, full banf 3G support - is a questions. So why does everybody speaks about it? Aluminum case?

upd It have only 1 Gb RAM... Why is it so expectable???

The things I like about the One is the metal body, the stereo speakers and the bigger battery. The screen of the Butterfly can't be beat, I went back to using the One X and the screen is feels so small! The 5 inch Full HD screen on this phone is just amazing!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread