Which ROM are you running? Like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

67nj

Dec 9, 2012
Running Hyperdrive RLS7. I love Hyperdrive and all it's features. RLS6 was much more stable with better battery life. There a few more bugs in RLS7. I would recommend RLS6.

Reactions: jaimanny

apagan4182

Jan 4, 2013
Running Delta Two by Edgewood with KT747 kernel. Just downloaded it last night but it's been pretty good and stable so far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ovreel

Dec 14, 2012
Using the new LiquidSmooth ROM. I like it, but I'm still trying to figure everything out, like how to put widgets on the lock screen

lakingslayer

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Just loaded the latest Synergy ROM r373. Best batter life I've ever seen from a freshly installed ROM. Kudos to those guys. I'm running the ziggy kernel that comes with the ROM. No issues so far except Google Wallet will not run. I got it installed and when I go to run it to set it up I get a Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys). I'll do without it since this ROM rocks in every other way.

Edit: Used the manual install method instead of the Wallet installer and Wallet now works. Now I can say this ROM is about the most perfect one I've used IMHO.

Last edited:

alt230

Feb 10, 2013
cm10 is what? Honk if you hate captcha!

Hey guys.

Currently, I am running CM10 on my verizon SIII and so far a love it! No complaints for me.

I am getting bored of it though, like anyone else would get who loves their phone, and am looking to change to something else!

Pleat like about synergy ise let me know which ROM you are running, and the Pros and Cons of the ROM!

I am very interested to know, THANKS!!!

Lets see, this tells you how little I know. I think I get into twrp through CM10 (?). I'm running synergyrom and would like to know about kernels. I would like a 4.2.x rom. Can I do a dirty flash into cleanrom? What I don't like about SynergyRom is it hangs. It especially hangs on search apps other than the dudckduckgo ap I installed. I highly recommend anyone switching roms get Titanium backuppro. This made it easier to recover apps. I would like some recommendations for a newer rom. I would like info about kernels. Can I add a different kernel to synergy and how will that effect it? I would like a smoother rom with a verticl scroll. One thing I liked about synergy is the built-in sidebar. I would like a place to look at roms and kernels. Another issue with Synergy is ultra slow charging and not much better battery consumption. I like the wallpaper and theme choices. I've seen better though. I'd like a theme that doesn't shout JellyBean. I'm already tired of the pastels. But-these are all much nicer than the icecream and gingerbread roms. So little bloat you almost don't have to root except CM10 and Titanium only work on rooted phones .. or so I've come to believe.

BTW for Windows 7 Toshiba laptops users-the latest updates ruin the mouse configurations and they can take new driver installs and a lot of screwing around in multiple settings menus (like everything else in 'doze). A lot of time for little benefit.
ANYWAY PLEASE HELP with rom suggestions and links. I don't have a problem supporting rom amd ap writers but imho commercial entities should sell their warez elsewhere. One other issue with Synergy a really good roms so far... Polaris crashes before it can read dl'd txt files.

Last edited:

lvgdgts

Oct 27, 2006
I've got Hyperdrive RLS7 going now. This is a great ROM. Very fast. Stability is good. Lots of good Aroma options. I'm sticking with this one for the foreseeable future..

Reactions: sbreen94

DomeHead

Jul 28, 2011
I've tried a bunch but I was on beans for a while and it was great in many ways (customization, battery, multi-window, etc.) but i did notice a bit of chopiness and also some games seemed to be running worse than i thought they should be. i recently switched to cleanrom5.6 with stock kernel and nova launcher and it is working great! It is smooth and all of the games and apps i have work well. I do miss the cool perks of beans or other ROMs but having everything work well is great. As usual, I will probably get sick of the stock experience soon and go to yet another ROM but for what its worth cleanROM 5.6 is running great with no problems.

Excessiveidling

Jul 14, 2010
Cleanrom 5.6 with aosp messaging works great... Nova launcher as well stock kernel

Sent from a phone better than yours!

Chase.Barnett

May 16, 2012
Liquidsmooth 4.2.2 with the RAZR M launcher and I'm very happy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want to share their success story with an AOSP rom with good battery life ?:good:

For me, it would be CM10.1 and KT kernel. Great performance and battery life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Verizon Galaxy SIII - LiquidSmooth 2.4
    I've only had the d2vzw for a few weeks, but I've been flashing between the current cm10.1 nightly with Trebuchet (old habit from my use of the Fascinate), and what appears to be a new TouchWiz offering called BoneStock. With the latter I'm running Holo launcher HD.

Holo is impressive as a launcher and can be used on aosp ROMs too, so I may start using it all the time... One can backup settings and shortcuts between both ROM types. I do wish there was more file system compatibility between the two ROM types wrt internal and external sdcard mount points :)

I was very impressed with CleanRom, but BoneStock has a few mods that I really like and seems to show a kindred minimalism :). I tried synergy, but I'm not convinced about the multiwindow capability yet...

Haven't had time to settle on an alternate kernel for tw ROMs, and I generally just stick with the native cm10.1 kernel when running that. Lean kernel by imoseon seems very solid for both AOSP and TouchWiz versions (I don't really tweak much, mainly looking for reliability and battery life).

Overall, I'm spending more time with cm10.1, primarily because of the native WiFi hotspot function. WiFi tether doesn't seem to operate as smoothly on the tw ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
    ive noticed that on cleanrom 5.0 and jellybeans build6, gps is abysmal, but the rest is pretty great.

im on synergy now and gps lock is fixed, still checking out the rest of the features
    The People's Rom from Kennyglass123 and rompnit was successfully ported from sprint and everything is working. Fully working mms, multiwindow, it's already themed and Morphology or circuitry theme work for it. Very smooth very stable :thumbup::thumbup:

I've tried a LOT of roms in the last 2 weeks, and just recently flashed synergyrom r326 - it is the smoothest rom I have used so far and the battery is amazing. Beans rom is really tempting! For any guys who have used both beans 10 and synergy r326, can anyone give me a comparison?

Honestly I've run both and have gotten 17+ hours of battery and 3+ hours of screen time on both after allowing them to settle. If you want an AOSP look go with Beans and if you want a more pure touchwiz look go with Synergy.
    Synergy also utilizes the multi window feature and beans removed it from his build. It never bothered me, but some users claimed that it was slowing their device down. Honestly, nandroid and flash away to see which one you prefer.