Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 40,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic POGO Cable

Tip us?

Ken401
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: Magnetic POGO Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
I clicked the link, said one available, so I bought it, lol. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
Glad to see they are back in stock. I think you will like it!

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 774
Default Re: Magnetic POGO Cable

Yup. Ordered mine from Amazon last night, already in route :beer:

jonstrong
Old
(Last edited by jonstrong; 23rd February 2013 at 12:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney View Post
Yup. Ordered mine from Amazon last night, already in route :beer:
Mine is moving through shipping faster than predicted -- tracking shows that it's on a truck as of 5am this morning, about 10 miles from here -- should be arriving tonight...

EDIT: checked the mail and it was already there. Fast delivery, even without Prime. We'll packed, no smell, and it works very well. Glad to have this, and very nice that I can use it with my Moko slim fit case on the N10, open or closed.
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

leviwhite9
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Mine arrived!

Ordered last Saturday, came today. Definitely charges faster. Magnets are kinda loose, but don't seem like they'd fall out. As for a smell, it's sort of musty like how the tablet smelled when I bought it.
Past devices:

Moto VE440, HTC Hero, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nexus 7 (2012), SGS1, Nexus 10, Galaxy S2

brianoh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviwhite9 View Post
Ordered last Saturday, came today. Definitely charges faster. Magnets are kinda loose, but don't seem like they'd fall out. As for a smell, it's sort of musty like how the tablet smelled when I bought it.
I'm going to check it out as well.

Reckless187
Old
Thanks Meter 101
I'm disappointed with mine There was no smell whatsoever, was looking forward to smelling this smell everyone was going on about lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reckless187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
I'm not too impressed with pogo cable. It took me longer to plug it in than the USB plug, and it's shorter than the cable I was using. I also have to hang the tablet off the edge of the table so the connector has room when in the tablet stand, but I expected that.

If wireless charging on the N4 is the Ferrari of charging then this pogo cable is the roller skate of charging.

scooterboy5
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally View Post
I'm not too impressed with pogo cable. It took me longer to plug it in than the USB plug,
Sorry, but that's a user error.

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy5 View Post
Sorry, but that's a user error.
Yes, maybe so, I just got the thing. However, it was in the dark and I have getting the usb cable into the jack in the dark down to a tee. I was fumbling around with the pogo connector, sliding it back and forth on the bottom trying to get the magnet to grab onto the device and also dealing with flipping it around trying to get it into the correct orientation. A better design would be to lose the plastic forming around the device and follow the magsafe design where the magnet is the only part of the connector close to the device. It wouldn't look as pretty but would be easier to find the connection. I might take a dremel to mine and shave off all plastic until I get below the plane of the top of the magnets.

blancocar
Old
Thanks Meter 14
33 days and still waiting for the cable ...... Amazon wasn't available when I ordered. I'm am doubtful it will ever show up ....