Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Unbrand HTC 8X

Tip us?

phear86
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Need Help!

I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong, I followed the instructions to a T. On the first flash step, when the phone boots up, it boots to a white screen with green text, showing the software info. I never get the ACDUDIAG.nbh name to pop up, or the flash to start. My usb drive does start to blink, like it's being read. I have done md5sum checks on my files to make sure they're good. I have a T-Mobile HTC 8X, fresh OTB, no updates ever done. Any suggestions?

mans550
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebagsm View Post
here ya go
Thanks. I was able to somehow update with out this though. kept restarting a few times but with a few different combination it restarted and unbranded
Windows Mobile
HTC Gene: P3400 >> HTC Touch >> HTC Diamond >> HTC HD >> HTC Snap >> HTC Touch2 >> HTC Touch Pro2 HTC Leo: HD2

Windows Phones
HTC HD7 >> HTC Mozart >> Nokia Lumia 800 >> Nokia Lumia 710 >> Nokia Lumia 900 >> HTC Radar >> HTC Titan

Android
HTC Hero >> HTC Wildfire >>HTC Desire >> HTC Legend >> HTC Desire Z >> Samsung GS3 and many more

Current Phones
Nokia Lumia 920 >> Nokia Lumia 820 >> Nokia Lumia 620 >> HTC 8X

phear86
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Still no luck, I even tried the other rom available from OP link.

berrywr
Old
(Last edited by berrywr; 9th March 2013 at 07:16 AM.) Reason: Amending
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by anseio View Post
I just swapped out my pre-production unit for the VZW version (couldn't bear to flash a stock ROM and ruin a test device, when many people here would love to get their hands on it.) Anyway, I've got my AT&T SIM in, and everything works but tethering (my most important need).

I've got the parts to debrand, but am also waiting for someone more bold than I to try it first.
Currently, I do not own a Windows Phone 8.x device; however, I do own a pair of HTC Titans (Eternity) that I successfully debranded and HSPL. The process for debranding the 8X is almost identical to those of us who have/had the Titan (Eternity). For all of you new to this, I would encourage you to read the Titan debranding at http://forum.xda-developers.com/logi...7aef94df815cb6 . The filenames are different but the steps are the same. All of you who are in your first Windows Phone platform device, please take the time to read these threads before repeatedly asking us what to do and how to do. Those of us running around with HSPL'd Titans know this is by far not a perfect process and is highly dependent on where you bought your device and where you're from and what carrier. I bought my Y-cable from Amazon and used a PNY USB 4 gig thumb drive; don't skimp, do it right but be patient. Until Microsoft gets Skype baked into WP8.x and it works without a hitch I'm staying put, but that's me! All of you please be patient; take care!
Sincerely, Bill

"To work in the service of life and the living..." John Denver

T-Mobile ★ Samsung SG3 (T-999) ★ root66 Android 4.3 Stock (philz CWM 6.0.4.5) ★ T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling ★
PureTalk USA (AT&T) ★ NexusHD2 KitKat v4.42 Cynanogen v11.0 ★ NativeSD EXT4 4GB ★ 64GB SDXC C10 ★

daredevil667
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phear86 View Post
I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong, I followed the instructions to a T. On the first flash step, when the phone boots up, it boots to a white screen with green text, showing the software info. I never get the ACDUDIAG.nbh name to pop up, or the flash to start. My usb drive does start to blink, like it's being read. I have done md5sum checks on my files to make sure they're good. I have a T-Mobile HTC 8X, fresh OTB, no updates ever done. Any suggestions?
I'm in the exact same situation.
I have a Verizon HTC 8x "Unlocked" bought in the Microsoft Store in Las Vegas.
Firmware version: 1532.20.10110.605
Bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(157404)

When I plugged the USB drive it started blinking and stopeed after 4-5 seconds. Then I keep pressed the camera button, Plug the HTC to the micro USB port and then I recieve a white screen with green text showing software info, so I couldn't complete the first step.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil667 View Post

When I plugged the USB drive it started blinking and stopeed after 4-5 seconds. Then I keep pressed the camera button, Plug the HTC to the micro USB port and then I recieve a white screen with green text showing software info, so I couldn't complete the first step.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!
Update: I've tried with a different pendrive formated in Fat32, and now after the green text I'm getting 3 lines with codebars (IMEI, SN, MB) and after the last codebar in the center the text USB, but nothing happens...

phear86
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil667 View Post

Any sugestions?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Update: I've tried with a different pendrive formated in Fat32, and now after the green text I'm getting 3 lines with codebars (IMEI, SN, MB) and after the last codebar in the center the text USB, but nothing happens...
How exactly did you format it? I wanted to see if you did it differently than me, or on a different Windows than me. And btw, I don't think this will work with the Verizon one because it's completely different hardware, that one is a dual mode phone, but the European one is just gsm.

daredevil667
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phear86 View Post
How exactly did you format it? I wanted to see if you did it differently than me, or on a different Windows than me. And btw, I don't think this will work with the Verizon one because it's completely different hardware, that one is a dual mode phone, but the European one is just gsm.
I've performed a quick format in FAT32 file system (right click -> format in the drive in Computer Window). I'm using Windows 8 x64 Enterprise.
Sad news about that this won't work with the Verizon model.
I'm from Argentina and I bougth this Phone in a Business trip. The guys from the MS Store told me that it was fully unlocked, but when I get back here to Argentina and inserted my micro sim card, I've noticed that I couldn't use some features that I was able to use in my previous Win Phone 7.5 device with the same chip. I think that the worst issue is the internet sharing blocking thing.

sathara
Old
Thanks Meter 125
today i will do unbranding 8x at&t . any body have any suggestions to tell .

jValdron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathara View Post
today i will do unbranding 8x at&t . any body have any suggestions to tell .
My suggestion would be to save your time and not try it No american ROM has been extracted yet. And the European ROM shouldn't work on your device.

LordKenny
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, I flash, but it's not well flash,and telephone show blue screen without text, i try to hard reset and telephone show this picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130228_033158[1].jpg
Views:	596
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	1766804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130228_033206[1].jpg
Views:	601
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	1766806