FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Different stock ROM

23rd February 2013, 09:47 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just picked up my new Note II this week and was wondering if wiped out my tmo stock ROM.. would I be able to load an international stock ROM of X language/country region?

What I am aiming for is basically a fresh clean installed ROM without the tmo bloatware and etc. Also, would my Note II have any wifi calling issues being on a non-tmo stock ROM?

Any advice is appreciated and thank you in advance.
 
 
23rd February 2013, 12:07 PM |#2  
moabizzi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marlboro NJ
Thanks Meter: 201
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Different stock ROM
There should be a stock debloated rom floating around in the android dev sections. I used it untill jedi x7 came out and roms were becoming stable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to moabizzi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 06:54 PM |#3  
whatsitsnamenow's Avatar
Senior Member
California
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
Re: [Q] Different stock ROM
Wifi calling only available in TMobile roms. You will lose wifi calling if you install international roms or any roms that is not base on TMobile.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to whatsitsnamenow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2013, 06:59 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsitsnamenow

Wifi calling only available in TMobile roms. You will lose wifi calling if you install international roms or any roms that is not base on TMobile.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I was afraid of that.. losing wifi calling. My area lacks coverage so I depend on wifi calling.

Hm.. is there a way to extract the wifi calling feature from stock tmo roms and install with other custom or international roms.
Last edited by niuyue; 8th March 2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: edit
9th March 2013, 12:43 AM |#5  
dwitherell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niuyue

Yeah, I was afraid of that.. losing wifi calling. My area lacks coverage so I depend on wifi calling.

Hm.. is there a way to extract the wifi calling feature from stock tmo roms and install with other custom or international roms.

Well, in the sense that anything could be possible... sure. But it would be a huge undertaking much more involved then an extract-and-install scenario. My gut says the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one... but I've been wrong on such things before so don't take my word for it.
9th March 2013, 04:39 AM |#6  
brickinphoneslol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central FL
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Re: [Q] Different stock ROM
My current ROM is Tweaked 1.5 I can confirm that Wi-fi calling works.

Should you choose to flash this rom (Tweaked 1.5) In Aroma installer, make sure you tick "install all t-mobile apps"

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2013, 01:02 PM |#7  
dwitherell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,299
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Different stock ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickinphoneslol

My current ROM is Tweaked 1.5 I can confirm that Wi-fi calling works.

Should you choose to flash this rom (Tweaked 1.5) In Aroma installer, make sure you tick "install all t-mobile apps"

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Fwiw - installing all t-mobile apps is not necessary for wifi calling to work on tweaked.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes