XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Different stock ROM

Tip us?

niuyue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] Different stock ROM

Just picked up my new Note II this week and was wondering if wiped out my tmo stock ROM.. would I be able to load an international stock ROM of X language/country region?

What I am aiming for is basically a fresh clean installed ROM without the tmo bloatware and etc. Also, would my Note II have any wifi calling issues being on a non-tmo stock ROM?

Any advice is appreciated and thank you in advance.

moabizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Default Re: [Q] Different stock ROM

There should be a stock debloated rom floating around in the android dev sections. I used it untill jedi x7 came out and roms were becoming stable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to moabizzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whatsitsnamenow
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Wifi calling only available in TMobile roms. You will lose wifi calling if you install international roms or any roms that is not base on TMobile.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to whatsitsnamenow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

niuyue
Old
(Last edited by niuyue; 8th March 2013 at 07:07 PM.) Reason: edit
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsitsnamenow View Post
Wifi calling only available in TMobile roms. You will lose wifi calling if you install international roms or any roms that is not base on TMobile.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, I was afraid of that.. losing wifi calling. My area lacks coverage so I depend on wifi calling.

Hm.. is there a way to extract the wifi calling feature from stock tmo roms and install with other custom or international roms.

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6133

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by niuyue View Post
Yeah, I was afraid of that.. losing wifi calling. My area lacks coverage so I depend on wifi calling.

Hm.. is there a way to extract the wifi calling feature from stock tmo roms and install with other custom or international roms.
Well, in the sense that anything could be possible... sure. But it would be a huge undertaking much more involved then an extract-and-install scenario. My gut says the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one... but I've been wrong on such things before so don't take my word for it.
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

brickinphoneslol
Old
Thanks Meter 27

My current ROM is Tweaked 1.5 I can confirm that Wi-fi calling works.

Should you choose to flash this rom (Tweaked 1.5) In Aroma installer, make sure you tick "install all t-mobile apps"

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6133

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickinphoneslol View Post
My current ROM is Tweaked 1.5 I can confirm that Wi-fi calling works.

Should you choose to flash this rom (Tweaked 1.5) In Aroma installer, make sure you tick "install all t-mobile apps"

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Fwiw - installing all t-mobile apps is not necessary for wifi calling to work on tweaked.
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]