FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

406 posts
Thanks Meter: 117
 
By ORiZorrie, Senior Member on 29th July 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th February 2013, 02:08 PM |#1081  
AeMr's Avatar
Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY
Is there a CM 10.1 topic for Galaxy Nexus? Been looking in several threads but no luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
 
18th February 2013, 02:09 PM |#1082  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I would like to know which is the best modem file to the last CM 10 nightly.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
18th February 2013, 02:09 PM |#1083  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
@aemr no your a wrong very wrong
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, 10.1v / Galaxy Tab 10.1v Android Development
20th February 2013, 09:41 PM |#1084  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSinval

I would like to know which is the best modem file to the last CM 10 nightly.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

The 7500 one.

Know however that if for some reason you need to get back to stock for an OTA update, you need to reflash the modem with the p7100 one in the P7100BUKE2 update, which you can get here (registration required)
Last edited by pruano; 20th February 2013 at 09:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pruano For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 01:18 AM |#1085  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruano

The 7500 one.

Know however that if for some reason you need to get back to stock for an OTA update, you need to reflash the modem with the p7100 one in the P7100BUKE2 update, which you can get here (registration required)

Many thanks.
23rd February 2013, 03:41 PM |#1086  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomschl

Hi
I have also problems booting nightlys beginning whith 15.2 - the change of manifest to 4.2.2.
The latest nightly working was the 13... i'm currently using the unofficial from 17.

Is there a solution?

Regards
Tom

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda premium

Well, it seems that nightlies became too big for our /system partition... but there's a solution.

Download the latest nightly to your computer and reduce its size by deleting unnecessary stuff with some kind of zip manager until it's 122MB or less. I usually delete something from system/tts as I don't use text-to-speech, that makes it 4-5MB smaller.

I just updated to yesterday's nightly from scratch this way, hopefully it should also work via standard CM Updates menu....

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 04:02 PM |#1087  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,192
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekitamo

Well, it seems that nightlies became too big for our /system partition... but there's a solution.

Download the latest nightly to your computer and reduce its size by deleting unnecessary stuff with some kind of zip manager until it's 122MB or less. I usually delete something from system/tts as I don't use text-to-speech, that makes it 4-5MB smaller.

I just updated to yesterday's nightly from scratch this way, hopefully it should also work via standard CM Updates menu....

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app

can you please do this:
fastboot erase system
fastboot boot cwm
flash rom

let me know how much space is left.

flash minimal gapps.

post /tmp/recovery.log

thanks.
23rd February 2013, 04:21 PM |#1088  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
AW: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekitamo

Well, it seems that nightlies became too big for our /system partition... but there's a solution.

Download the latest nightly to your computer and reduce its size by deleting unnecessary stuff with some kind of zip manager until it's 122MB or less. I usually delete something from system/tts as I don't use text-to-speech, that makes it 4-5MB smaller.

I just updated to yesterday's nightly from scratch this way, hopefully it should also work via standard CM Updates menu....

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for your solution... removing some tts files (all except the german ones ) brought the 21st to work.

Tom

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7100 mit Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Tomschl; 24th February 2013 at 09:04 AM.
23rd February 2013, 06:59 PM |#1089  
daddyrazzy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sint-Niklaas
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
since Ubuntu touch is an chroot of CM10.1, it is possible to port it to our TAB 10.1V
I don't have the skills, anyone willing to give it a try? pershoot maybe?
i'm interested how it wil be on our tab,
something else than Android


fingers crossed.
23rd February 2013, 08:40 PM |#1090  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan179

on the last experemtyal from cm10 on droidbase, i cand make a live wallpaper, why?

i will use a live wallpaper, because the option is not here, see the pic.
24th February 2013, 07:06 AM |#1091  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot

can you please do this:
fastboot erase system
fastboot boot cwm
flash rom

let me know how much space is left.

flash minimal gapps.

post /tmp/recovery.log

thanks.

Hi.

I see no-one else has answered pershoot, so here is my experience.

I did the erase system, booted into CWM (6.0.2.7) and flashed cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-p3.zip. Via adb, I mounted /system and df -h showed 35.2M free.

I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free. I used nekitamo's suggestion, and deleted the non-English files from /system/tts/lang_pico, and it showed 3.9M free

Rebooted sucessfully (still shows 3.9M free).

I don't have a /tmp directory, and a search (find / -name recovery.log) didn't find any such file. Sorry.

I hope that helps.

Stephen

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes