XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][Nov-13-2013] Capacitive Buttons v1.0.13

Tip us?

denversc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314

DONATE TO ME
Thanks to everyone who has given feedback about issues in v1.0.8, especially those who included the "Debug Information" screen contents

I have been keeping a list of bug reports and feature requests in Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/hox-cap-bu...ss/issues/list. So rest assured that even if I don't respond to your post individually your information is being valued highly.

The top 3 priority issues for me at the moment (which are exclusively reported by international one x and one x+ users) are:
  1. Issue 18: Notification LED turns on with capacitive buttons backlight
  2. Issue 19: "Dim" and "Bright" are the same brightness on some devices
  3. Issue 23: Buttons backlight times out after setting brightness, when it did not time out before
These 3 issues are somewhat mysterious to me and I don't have an ETA for a fix. Kernel sources for Jelly Bean might shed some light on this odd behaviour though, so it might be a while before they are fixed completely. There could be some test builds over the next few weeks with fixes to try out.
Capacitive Buttons App - Control the brightness of the capacitive buttons (back, home, recent tasks) on HTC One X devices
denver@sleepydragon.org
@sleepydragonsw

Eun-Hjzjined
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default Re: [APP][Jan-03] Capacitive Button Brightness v1.0.8

Rogers HTC one x running cm10 nightlies, works great.

Thanks.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium HD app

ozzalbatrozz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Doesn't work for me anymore

Using CM10 nightlys and 4.2.1. Maybe it's because the folder "currents" doesn't exist?

rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1786696

bubuphonik
Old
Thanks Meter 3
after using dis now my bttons ligths powers only sometimes how can i fix dis?

denversc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzalbatrozz View Post
Doesn't work for me anymore

Using CM10 nightlys and 4.2.1. Maybe it's because the folder "currents" doesn't exist?

rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1786696
There have been several reports of the "currents" file not being present on 4.2.x ROMs. I built a special build for another user that reported this issue which works around the lack of "currents" file. It's attached to this bug report on Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/hox-cap-bu...s/detail?id=25. Note that the "dim" function does not work in this build; only "on" and "off". So if you just want to turn the capacitive buttons backlight off, give this build a try. Some day, when I set aside time to develop this app more, I'll fix this in the official version.

If you're able, could you post the contents of the "Debug Information" screen of the app? Even better, attach it to the Google Code report just so I have a record of it. Thanks for reporting this.
Capacitive Buttons App - Control the brightness of the capacitive buttons (back, home, recent tasks) on HTC One X devices
denver@sleepydragon.org
@sleepydragonsw

denversc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuphonik View Post
after using dis now my bttons ligths powers only sometimes how can i fix dis?
If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the capacitive buttons backlight only turns back on sometimes when you expect it to turn on all of the time. I'm not familiar with this particular issue. Could you post the contents of the "Debug Information" screen (Settings -> Debug Information in the app itself), captured immediately following seeing this incorrect behaviour? I might be able to take a guess at the root cause from that information.
denver@sleepydragon.org
@sleepydragonsw

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 520

For anyone wondering, kernel tuner supports this functionality in the app itself.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Current Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Previous Phones: HTC One XL w/ CleanROM 6 R2 & ElementalX-6.4, HTC Aria w/ Liberated 2.2.2, Motorola PEBL

My HTC One vs One XL Review
My HTC One XL battery life eats your battery life...

bubuphonik
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by denversc View Post
If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the capacitive buttons backlight only turns back on sometimes when you expect it to turn on all of the time. I'm not familiar with this particular issue. Could you post the contents of the "Debug Information" screen (Settings -> Debug Information in the app itself), captured immediately following seeing this incorrect behaviour? I might be able to take a guess at the root cause from that information.
exactly i even unistall it the app and they keep acting weird how do it i do the debug info:?\

Genetic517
Old
(Last edited by Genetic517; 19th March 2013 at 07:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 236

I used to use the currents file to manually change my brightness. I still have this file in viper but when I change the brightness the lights end up staying on even after locking the phone. There must be a new file somewhere that I'd be able to edit?

old.splatterhand
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1306

DONATE TO ME
Any chance to make this app fit for HTC One SV?
Device: HTC One SV | S-Off by Facepalm

Index Thread:
Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV

Other devices: HTC Desire S | Asus TF 101 | HTC HD mini