How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

News from tmobile tech

OP GN2Rabbit

21st February 2013, 04:30 PM   |  #41  
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95

620 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu

In San Diego speeds took a crap... Down town

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Glad I'm on holiday away from there atm.
21st February 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 106

1,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
New york City here and getting some real SLOOOOWWW speeds I can't take it. I thought it was the radio I was using so I changed radio...got worse speeds, changed back
23rd February 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 18

56 posts
Been stuck on edge for almost 4 days in southwest riverside county CA. Tmobile rep says they're working on towers and should be resolved in 72 hours. Getting between 50-100 kpbs down.
23rd February 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 47

302 posts
Re: News from tmobile tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie

New york City here and getting some real SLOOOOWWW speeds I can't take it. I thought it was the radio I was using so I changed radio...got worse speeds, changed back

Madness you speak off. Im averaging 25down 2.5up in new york city. I never played with my radios maybe thats why

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361601199771.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1753502  
23rd February 2013, 08:03 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 74

651 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic7

The right conditions put that 1000mph car down hill itll hit 120

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

the chipset in the Note II isn't a car.

The chipset is called a HSPA+42 setup because that's it's limit. it doesn't matter if you have the phone sitting ontop of the tower with all the spectrum T-mo owns flowing through it. It simply cannot happen.

even under perfect conditions I can't image a Note II even hitting 42mbps, i would be surprised to see one hitting anything above 35mbps to be honest.
23rd February 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #46  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

83 posts
More
Re: News from tmobile tech
There is some good news though. Right now tmobile has the policy of if it breaks upgrade it. So if you live in an edge only area or you drop to edge from a former 4g area and your tower breaks you'll possibly get 4g or at least hspa (spectrum and bandwidth permitting) as well as a refarm. So for those of you with broken towers or getting bad speeds call it in. If a certain amount of people report it they send a tech to the cell site and swap out hardware.

Along this same line if you're area is slated for LTE and your tower breaks you get the LTE hardware at the cell site ahead of time.

Sent from my SGH-T889
24th February 2013, 05:18 PM   |  #47  
Flag NorthEastern US
Thanks Meter: 2

129 posts
More
I was on the phone with "tier 2" rep yesterday who stated to me that LTE is being rolled out and GN2 is LTE ready. However, she couldn't verify if an OTA update would be required. She did say that network disruptions should be expected due to the roll-out.

Just my 2 cents

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread