Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [Nov 1][4.3.1][SmoothROM v5.3]Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

Tip us?

markbencze
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4403

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

Ok here's a dumb question. ..since I've never had to do this if I just move the back ups from my pc to my backups twrp folder should I be able to restore it properly? If I were at home with my pc I could probably just try it instead of asking but im not home. And if it works ill be thrilled. Although it won't explain why everything is boot looping.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

jamesst20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze View Post
Ok here's a dumb question. ..since I've never had to do this if I just move the back ups from my pc to my backups twrp folder should I be able to restore it properly? If I were at home with my pc I could probably just try it instead of asking but im not home. And if it works ill be thrilled. Although it won't explain why everything is boot looping.

Don't restore a backup as it has the same effect as if you wouldn't wipe. Only backup few apps data that you need nothing more

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
If I helped you, dont forget to press thanks !

Like my work ? Feel free to donate

Donate Me (Click Here)

SmoothROM - Google Nexus 7
JROMFlasher - Google Nexus 7

markbencze
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4403

DONATE TO ME

I don't mean my app backups are on my pc. My nandroid backup is on my pc. Should I transfer to wear it needs to be and restore it and expect it to work?
My biggest concern is that everything is now boot looping when I previously had them installed on my tablet. Cause I cant have all roms boot looping. I need to be able to successfully flash! Is it possible the boot loop cause is an outdated root tool kit? Cause my twrp is up to date.
On my way home to sort this out. Btw thanks for your response to this. I'm hoping that I can fix this with little pain but if not I hope you or someone else can assist. This is ridiculous. ..I'm feeling like a noob! But I'm really not!

neworgoo
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Hey I just got my nexus 7 (first tablet) so I've been looking around at all the different ui options. I flashed your ROM and I'm really liking it! My question is; with the tablet ui is it part of the framework in a way so I can update/use ex version of adw and keep the tablet ui or is this version dependent on the current adw installed? I did a search but I'm joining the party a little late so I appreciate your input. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ZeroManArmy
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Is there by chance a mod that will disable the battery and sound notification that comes up at 14% battery and 4% battery? I would love to have one because those get annoying really fast.
----------------------------------------------------
History: Motorola Photon 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy Note II
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II: Jelly'Beans' Build 21
Girlfriends: LG Lucid 2: Stock 4.1.2

FizzleDiz
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworgoo View Post
Hey I just got my nexus 7 (first tablet) so I've been looking around at all the different ui options. I flashed your ROM and I'm really liking it! My question is; with the tablet ui is it part of the framework in a way so I can update/use ex version of adw and keep the tablet ui or is this version dependent on the current adw installed? I did a search but I'm joining the party a little late so I appreciate your input. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The launcher doesn't affect the type of ui. If you want to use adw ex or anything else you can. Adw Ex is the only launcher I use. Used it on tab ui, but I prefer normal ui set at 160dpi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Nexus 7 on SmoothRom V5.0
Epic 4G Touch (GS2) on MIUI
ShadowGun: Deadzone Username: FizzlesNexus7. Nickname: SgtSlaughter
The Following User Says Thank You to FizzleDiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiquidPlatinum
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Lost root after flashing ROM. Help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

FizzleDiz
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidPlatinum View Post
Lost root after flashing ROM. Help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Prolly SuperUser. I'm settings for SU, check the box for Respect CM Privileges or w/e it's called. The recent SU updates have been problematic lately. I personally just uninstalled SU updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Nexus 7 on SmoothRom V5.0
Epic 4G Touch (GS2) on MIUI
ShadowGun: Deadzone Username: FizzlesNexus7. Nickname: SgtSlaughter

jamesst20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2097

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze View Post
I don't mean my app backups are on my pc. My nandroid backup is on my pc. Should I transfer to wear it needs to be and restore it and expect it to work?
My biggest concern is that everything is now boot looping when I previously had them installed on my tablet. Cause I cant have all roms boot looping. I need to be able to successfully flash! Is it possible the boot loop cause is an outdated root tool kit? Cause my twrp is up to date.
On my way home to sort this out. Btw thanks for your response to this. I'm hoping that I can fix this with little pain but if not I hope you or someone else can assist. This is ridiculous. ..I'm feeling like a noob! But I'm really not!

Take a look to JROMFlasher
If I helped you, dont forget to press thanks !

Like my work ? Feel free to donate

Donate Me (Click Here)

SmoothROM - Google Nexus 7
JROMFlasher - Google Nexus 7

yowhatup
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm having no success pairing a Motorola Bluetooth keyboard with this ROM. Has anyone been successful on 4.4?

Pairing the Motorola Bluetooth mouse works with no problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to yowhatup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]