Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Headphones that fit with OTG micro USB?

OP newperson1

23rd February 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Looking for headphones that fit with an OTG micro SB. Or an OTG that fits with standard headphones. The OTG micro SB that I have is the standard on on amazon prime and the headphones are iphone ear buds but the inserting end is too tall to fit with the OTG attached. I don't think wireless headphones are an option because I want them for plain rides. Thoughts?
23rd February 2013, 07:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 179

593 posts
Re: Headphones that fit with OTG micro USB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newperson1

Looking for headphones that fit with an OTG micro SB. Or an OTG that fits with standard headphones. The OTG micro SB that I have is the standard on on amazon prime and the headphones are iphone ear buds but the inserting end is too tall to fit with the OTG attached. I don't think wireless headphones are an option because I want them for plain rides. Thoughts?

Huh? What? Did u get a right angle otg and it's in the way of the headphone jack?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
23rd February 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash183

Huh? What? Did u get a right angle otg and it's in the way of the headphone jack?

Yes. Are there other shapes?
23rd February 2013, 07:51 PM   |  #4  

593 posts
Quote:

Yes. Are there other shapes?

Yeah... Ones that aren't right angled but just straight like a normal micro usb cable... I have 2 right angles that i use with my nexus 7 and s3.....but just bought a nexus 10 and ordered 2 otg straight ones from ebay. They were 99 cents shipped from ebay. I knew my old right angle ones would be in the way of the headphone jack on the n10 so bought those. Cheaper alternative than buying new headphones

23rd February 2013, 07:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash183

Yeah... Ones that aren't right angled but just straight like a normal micro usb cable... I have 2 right angles that i use with my nexus 7 and s3.....but just bought a nexus 10 and ordered 2 otg straight ones from ebay. They were 99 cents shipped from ebay. I knew my old right angle ones would be in the way of the headphone jack on the n10 so bought those. Cheaper alternative than buying new headphones

Thanks. I don't usually use ebay (prefer amazon) but I'll look at it...
will any otg labeled : USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter work (provided the picture has a straight end)?

Thanks.
23rd February 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #6  

593 posts
Quote:

will any otg labeled : USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter work (provided the picture has a straight end)?

Thanks.

I would think so. I haven't read anything about otgs not working unless the tablet isn't equipped to use them.

23rd February 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:

Thanks.

Thanks! Ordered.
24th February 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #8  

593 posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Asus-Goo...item35bfe110c2

This the seller i bought from. I ordered it on the 20th and got them yesterday the 23rd. They both work on my nexus 7 and s3 just fine. Nexus 10 hasn't come in the mail yet. Tried multiple flash drives, hard drives, mice, keyboard and card readers. Quality is just as good as the right angle ones I got

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread