Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM10 Development for Kindle Fire HD 7"

Tip us?

persano
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by P30SiNa View Post
I know how you feel bro. I need vpn so bad but kindle doesn't support vpn. And with all these censorship and filtering, internet is useless without a vpn.
I'm waiting patiently for CM10

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
kindle fire hd support vpn, but need to download an app in amazon appstore

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

hamidwt
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
kindle fire hd support vpn, but need to download an app in amazon appstore
It won't work , we tried everything , you could try too, amazon won't let any apps connect you to vpn server , lots of people have the same problem and as far as I know there isn't any solution .
The Following User Says Thank You to hamidwt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Melodycd
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Re: CM10 Development for Kindle Fire HD 7"

I tryed TunnelBear and it was working fine. This is VPN app. I even checked it out now, and confirm it. Its working.

Droid DNA
Now:
- LG G2 (Verizon, CLEAN ROM 1.0) - Best one!!!
- Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7 (CM, root)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500) - Stock.
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (Jedi ROM).

david.degraw54
Old
Thanks Meter 115

Would it be possible to port the unofficial CM10.1 for the KFHD 8.9" to the 7"?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 129

If/when hashcode develops a working kernel for the kfhd7 we'll see roms...not until somebody gets a good kernel tho..

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

degiovab
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Default CM10 as a TWRP-loadable ZIP

Now that we have TWRP working on KFHD7, would it be possible to get Reverend Kyle's ROM in form of a ZIP that we can flash and test (after a good nandroid backup) ?
Anybody managed to load the alpha CM10 with TWRP?

reverendkjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by degiovab View Post
Now that we have TWRP working on KFHD7, would it be possible to get Reverend Kyle's ROM in form of a ZIP that we can flash and test (after a good nandroid backup) ?
Anybody managed to load the alpha CM10 with TWRP?
You actually DON'T want to do that. My ROM is based on a different kernel/bootloader, and if you DO try to flash my ROM with TWRP, it will break what Hashcode has built for us. I would recommend waiting until Hashcode gets the kernel for cm10.1 built and we can make new ROMs with that.
Come visit the REVTV Website

DOWNLOAD MY APP FROM THE MARKET

Current Devices: HTC Sensation 4G, Amazon Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad... AND A GOOGLE NEXUS 7
YouTube Channel
Facebook Page
Twitter Page
Google+ Page
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reverendkjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

degiovab
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendkjr View Post
If you DO try to flash my ROM with TWRP, it will break what Hashcode has built for us. I would recommend waiting until Hashcode gets the kernel for cm10.1 built and we can make new ROMs with that.
Good to know... I was actually going to try and "fastboot flash system revboot.img -i 0x1949" keeping the current boot and recovery.
I would have probably bricked the whole thing.
Patiently waiting then (and in the meantime enjoying Kinology).
Thanks!

Jester6
Old
(Last edited by Jester6; 10th March 2013 at 04:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 156
I actually did try it some time ago before kinology came out, the only thing that happened was the install gave an error and quit before flashing anything. It may be as simple as repackaging the ROM but I can't confirm that as I haven't felt the need to try.

Edit: The rom is flashable now, boots and works just fine, seems to have issue with saving anything to the internal memory, though downloading and running anything from the play store works great, will look into this some more.
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.

xxxo
Old
Thanks Meter 22

[QUOTE=Jester6;38921503]I actually did try it some time ago before kinology came out, the only thing that happened was the install gave an error and quit before flashing anything. It may be as simple as repackaging the ROM but I can't confirm that as I haven't felt the need to try.

Edit: The rom is flashable now, boots and works just fine, seems to have issue with saving anything to the internal memory, though downloading and running anything from the play store works great, will look into this some more.[/QUOT

Path to sdcard changed to sdcard0 in jellybean ,did you flash it with twrp ?