Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Trying to revert to stock

OP 19wolf

23rd February 2013, 04:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Hello! I'm new-ish here... As in I just opened an account to post after watching from the sidelines for a few months now.
Anyway,
I'm having problems with my phone. I was running ViperLTE 2.1.1 and recently switched to CyanogenMod. My sdcard wouldn't work correctly, so I tried to go back to stock, and my phone never made it past the "HTC" boot screen. I've tried reflashing and whatnot almost a dozen times, including restoring my nandroid backup, with no luck. Now I can't even access it via adb. What do I do?
23rd February 2013, 04:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 110

702 posts
Re: [Q] Trying to revert to stock
Fastboot the stock boot image. The instructions are in the development section. Are you s off?

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJL99

Fastboot the stock boot image. The instructions are in the development section. Are you s off?

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

I'm not s-off, and I have tried that multiple times, and at this point I can't get to adb or fastboot. I'm having trouble even accessing the bootloader.

EDIT: I got to the bootloader and adb/fastboot, but still flashing any boot image does nothing to fix the problem, and I'm still stuck at the htc screen.
Last edited by 19wolf; 23rd February 2013 at 04:30 AM.
23rd February 2013, 04:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Columbia, MO
Thanks Meter: 1,042

818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19wolf

I'm not s-off, and I have tried that multiple times, and at this point I can't get to adb or fastboot. I'm having trouble even accessing the bootloader.

EDIT: I got to the bootloader and adb/fastboot, but still flashing any boot image does nothing to fix the problem, and I'm still stuck at the htc screen.

You are flashing the stock boot image right? From here for example.
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Are you installing a stock(-based) ROM or restoring a nandroid?
23rd February 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmower

You are flashing the stock boot image right? From [[Link removed because of new-user limits]] for example.

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Are you installing a stock(-based) ROM or restoring a nandroid?

Yeah. I'm repeatedly flashing the stock boot image and restarting, to no avail. According to the CyanogenMod forum, I need to install a stock-based ROM and then format my sdcard (to fix my initial problem)... and then restore my nandroid afterwards. At this point, it would be nice to just be able to restore the nandroid and have a phone that makes calls for a day-trip I'm going on tomorrow.
23rd February 2013, 07:07 AM   |  #6  
Flag Columbia, MO

818 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah. I'm repeatedly flashing the stock boot image and restarting, to no avail. According to the CyanogenMod forum, I need to install a stock-based ROM and then format my sdcard (to fix my initial problem)... and then restore my nandroid afterwards. At this point, it would be nice to just be able to restore the nandroid and have a phone that makes calls for a day-trip I'm going on tomorrow.

Just to check, after flashing the stock boot.img, you have installed a stock ROM or restored a stock-based ROM from a nandroid right (i.e. you're sure the backup is not from CyanogenMod)? The boot image alone isn't going to do anything. Also, depending on whether you were running Viper 1.x or 2.x, you need a different boot.img. The boot.img for Viper 1.x can be found here.

If restoring your nandroid backup doesn't work, freshly install Stock (or Viper).
Last edited by mdmower; 23rd February 2013 at 07:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmower For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 02:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmower

Just to check, after flashing the stock boot.img, you have installed a stock ROM or restored a stock-based ROM from a nandroid right (i.e. you're sure the backup is not from CyanogenMod)? The boot image alone isn't going to do anything. Also, depending on whether you were running Viper 1.x or 2.x, you need a different boot.img. The boot.img for Viper 1.x can be found here.

If restoring your nandroid backup doesn't work, freshly install Stock (or Viper).

I'll try that when I get to the computer, but do I need to use twrp or can I continue to use cwm? Also I can't access the sd card via my computer to put the rom onto it because it doesn't mount when I'm booted into recovery
23rd February 2013, 04:09 PM   |  #8  
Flag Columbia, MO

818 posts
More
Quote:

I'll try that when I get to the computer, but do I need to use twrp or can I continue to use cwm? Also I can't access the sd card via my computer to put the rom onto it because it doesn't mount when I'm booted into recovery

Either TWRP or CWM will work. There is a test version of CWM that enables USB mass storage support... but I haven't yet tested the feature under Windows.
23rd February 2013, 09:41 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
I got it to work, via side-loading the zip and then flashing the boot.img. I don't know why I was having so many problems before... But they're better now. Thanks for your help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread