FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Status/notification bar disappears

Thanks Meter: 2

By Varlokkur, Member on 20th September 2012, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd February 2013, 09:03 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up ditto
its definitely the notifications. thought i had it fixed yesterday and I was wrong. but that fixed it immediately.

8th June 2013, 05:37 PM |#32  

More
kfhd7
i dont have gmail or the app store installed and mine is still disappearing ant other known causes for this issue??
25th October 2013, 08:37 AM |#33  

More
gmail
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88

Well it is happening on my kfhd as well. Guess I will have to do a reset as well but rather not to tell the truth. Maybe unregister and reregister or is that the same thing

Update: just went into gmail and after closing, the bar is back! WT.

I can confirm that, after opening and causing gmail, it worked, hoping non rooted devices can find a method too
15th November 2013, 01:31 AM |#34  

More
Cool
confirmed it's due to my gmail.
16th December 2013, 04:39 PM |#35  

More
Prompt Bad Gmail, bad!
I had this same exact problem; after rooting and installing Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc.) my notification and soft bar menu hadn't completely disappeared, but it would pop up occasionally (and randomly), but of course never when I needed it. After some searching on the web, and a lot of digging in this forum, I also found and confirmed that it was Gmail of all things causing my problem. I uninstalled Gmail(Kindle has an all-in-one e-mail app of its own, so I don't really need/care that Gmail is gone) and rebooted, and my soft bar menu and notification area are both back, without any problems that I can see (so far, anyways). So anyways, try it! Looks like uninstalling Gmail worked for a few of us here~
16th December 2013, 09:25 PM |#36  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci3nc3r00lz

I had this same exact problem; after rooting and installing Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc.) my notification and soft bar menu hadn't completely disappeared, but it would pop up occasionally (and randomly), but of course never when I needed it. After some searching on the web, and a lot of digging in this forum, I also found and confirmed that it was Gmail of all things causing my problem. I uninstalled Gmail(Kindle has an all-in-one e-mail app of its own, so I don't really need/care that Gmail is gone) and rebooted, and my soft bar menu and notification area are both back, without any problems that I can see (so far, anyways). So anyways, try it! Looks like uninstalling Gmail worked for a few of us here~

Make sure you are using the most up to date Gapps. Here are ) day Gapps. This is for those running a custom ROM as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
20th April 2015, 09:06 PM |#37  

More
I fixed it kindle fire is working properly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlokkur

My status bar keeps disappearing. It pops back up for a moment, every few seconds, but then disappears again. It's like the device thinks it should be in full screen mode or something. I first experienced it after installing ever note, which went to a full screen display after I logged in. I un installed ever note and re booted twice... the second re boot seemed to fix it. But it just happened again when I launched the xda premium app.
I also notice that it no longer says my name, just "my kindle", in the status bar... before disappearing again. Maybe that element of the launcher is stuck in a cycle???
Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix?

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

Hey man forgive me if this doesn't work for you ok. Here it is, I had multiple emails to start with. I was looking through my emails and realised I had some spam messages stored in my mail. I simply started deleting unessassary crap that I didn't need and walla my notification bar stayed down.

Guys for me it's a big relief and I really hope this helps for those who needed it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread