Ask a question

No registration required

Status/notification bar disappears

OP Varlokkur

23rd February 2013, 10:03 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thumbs up ditto
its definitely the notifications. thought i had it fixed yesterday and I was wrong. but that fixed it immediately.
8th June 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #32  

20 posts
kfhd7
i dont have gmail or the app store installed and mine is still disappearing ant other known causes for this issue??
25th October 2013, 09:37 AM   |  #33  

3 posts
gmail
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88

Well it is happening on my kfhd as well. Guess I will have to do a reset as well but rather not to tell the truth. Maybe unregister and reregister or is that the same thing

Update: just went into gmail and after closing, the bar is back! WT.

I can confirm that, after opening and causing gmail, it worked, hoping non rooted devices can find a method too
15th November 2013, 02:31 AM   |  #34  

1 posts
Cool
confirmed it's due to my gmail.
16th December 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #35  

1 posts
Prompt Bad Gmail, bad!
I had this same exact problem; after rooting and installing Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc.) my notification and soft bar menu hadn't completely disappeared, but it would pop up occasionally (and randomly), but of course never when I needed it. After some searching on the web, and a lot of digging in this forum, I also found and confirmed that it was Gmail of all things causing my problem. I uninstalled Gmail(Kindle has an all-in-one e-mail app of its own, so I don't really need/care that Gmail is gone) and rebooted, and my soft bar menu and notification area are both back, without any problems that I can see (so far, anyways). So anyways, try it! Looks like uninstalling Gmail worked for a few of us here~
16th December 2013, 10:25 PM   |  #36  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci3nc3r00lz

I had this same exact problem; after rooting and installing Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc.) my notification and soft bar menu hadn't completely disappeared, but it would pop up occasionally (and randomly), but of course never when I needed it. After some searching on the web, and a lot of digging in this forum, I also found and confirmed that it was Gmail of all things causing my problem. I uninstalled Gmail(Kindle has an all-in-one e-mail app of its own, so I don't really need/care that Gmail is gone) and rebooted, and my soft bar menu and notification area are both back, without any problems that I can see (so far, anyways). So anyways, try it! Looks like uninstalling Gmail worked for a few of us here~

Make sure you are using the most up to date Gapps. Here are ) day Gapps. This is for those running a custom ROM as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread