Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who actually likes their nexus 10

Tip us?

iamikon
Old
Thanks Meter 1382
Default Re: Who actually likes their nexus 10

I love mine. Especially with a bluetooth keyboard. The colors arent a problem with mine but a couple custom kernels are working on this. Specifically ktmanta. The reboots were part of 4.2.1 so updating to 4.2.2 should be a priority and resolve this.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Help me by helping yourself.

rp3
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I like mine. Bought second hand. I'm sure there's light bleed... but I don't use the tablet in pitch black so I haven't noticed. The screen is bright when reading PDFs (which I do alot of) and playing games. I find it to be fast. Games are smooth and 2D animation is butter. I have unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom rom and kernel with no issue. I like that many of the developers I've trusted over the years with my phones and tablets now have this tablet. This is important as every time I flash a rom or mod I am entrusting a $200-700 piece of electronics to the developer's skill.

I like the battery life but don't like the charging speed (5-6 hours from dead to full charge). I like how fast the tablet is... the other electronics in the house are my LG Optimus G and my wife's IPad 4/IPhone 5 combination and there's no weak-link feeling. I haven't taken a picture with the tablet. Video conferencing is fine though my wife says there's alot of background noise relative to my PC (which does noise reduction). 32GB is less than 80GB so no leaving 20 2gb games installed... that's where titanium and the cloud come into play. The speakers are good... though my having just owned the Kindle Fire 8.9 and Note 10.1 has me spoiled in tablet speaker quality. I like the weight... it's about the same as Infinity and Note 10.1.

I like the feel of the tablet with the soft-touch plastics. I hope Samsung takes the design language from this and it inspires the Tab 3 bodies as the Note 10.1's flex is a stain on Samsung's reputation (I bought the note discounting the androidpolice review and put it back on ebay within 48 hours). I'll go further and say I hope somebody makes a thin high end phone with a grippy soft-touch plastic back that feels as solid as the Nexus.

Wish they had the official cover available. I use a Moko Ultra-slim which is very good with a slim profile.

Very few pieces of electronics are perfect... but in the pre-2013 MWC world... the Nexus 10 is great in it's strengths and is without any fatal flaws.
The Following User Says Thank You to rp3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zhohner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm extremely happy with my Nexus 10. It does all the things I want/need it to do, whether it be university work, gaming or general productivity. It's fast, feels good in the hand and has a gorgeous screen. Definitely one of my better buys this year.

remixedition
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally View Post
Have you updated to 4.2.2? It might be a good time for a fresh start, backup, wipe, and flash the factory image and bootloader.
I am stock as stock can be and I am running 4.2.2.

Dannyada1988
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Battery sick

Except for the bad battery, Nexus 10 is really awesome, especially for games.

sackynuts
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: Who actually likes their nexus 10

I just got mine and i like it, allthough it has lightbleed..

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 16 GB

Features: Overheating, battery drain and yellow tint <3

planet_x69
Old
Thanks Meter 23
32GB model from wally world....no issues, if there is light bleed i either dont notice or just dont care since most of the time 99% of the time there are images on the screen you would never notice it in any case.

Battery is just fine and lasts plenty long even heavy use.

Work of caution is widgets! Widgets are your enemy, be sure to watch and see what's sucking your battery (settings, battery) many an innocuous widget has ruined a tablet/phone users experience by being a power leach. (beautiful widget 6x1 weather, clock forecast comes to mind!) Sure they look good, but without a true dock that will charge while screen is on, you have to be careful.

Love the device and prefer it over the ipad and xoom i also own. Rooted and custom recovery installed - to allow backups and adfree to run. Otherwise stock OS and I've never had any issues.

vawlk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_cooper View Post
I'm on the hunt for a nexus 10 at a local staples - the majority of posts I see in here are people bitching about performance issues and light bleed or other build quality problems. Meanwhile I do see posts about people absolutely in love with the N10 (rightfully so)

The light bleed thread seems like a nightmare - although people who RMA a device 6 times should really get a life and move on to a different product. Is the light bleed really a major issue or should I go ahead and buy one?

Sorry for the junk thread but I didn't see very many threads in here where people are actually giving credit to the N10 and singing praises. hard to guage the "fringe" vs "the average person's experience"
Love the 10. Yes mine has a bit of light bleed but I don't really notice it when there is something on the screen. I'm just not that picky.

People rarely complain when they like something.

Cintra2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Happy with my Nexus 10, but..

Two things spoil my feelings for the Nexus 10 a touch.

The day after I first started using the device I woke to a dead device. Could have sworn it was switched off, but even so the battery was lifeless. Scary!

The other thing I discovered yesterday - there are no CPU temperature sensors.

Not only did this surprise me, (my three other Android devices have them) but I was surprised by the lack of search results pointing this out. This thread has one of the results

There are a few issues with text size on some of the apps I use, but they will be sorted out in time I feel sure.

All in all a great device, well worth the money.

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cintra2 View Post
...The other thing I discovered yesterday - there are no CPU temperature sensors.

Not only did this surprise me, (my three other Android devices have them) but I was surprised by the lack of search results pointing this out. This thread has one of the results
There was a huge conversation about it on I think KTManta's kernel thread. When trying to figure out what to do to handle the thermal throttling (in the past, you couldn't even stay at 1.7GHz long, and it would throttle agressively downward to even 700Mhz, along with GPU and memory frequencies, causing stuff like games to slideshow) a user discovered that the CPU temperature may be linked to the battery temp (I believe someone else got a thermal image that showed the CPU and battery having similar temps).

I believe it was also said that CPU temps are based on an algorithm involving CPU load, time at load, frequency, voltages, and maybe some other stuff. But no, there is no actual sensor, which is really strange...

4.2.2 fixes the throttling a good bit though, which is nice. Custom kernels also handle thermal throttling in decent ways too.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

The Following User Says Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]