Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy tab 10.1 google now crash

Tip us?

rykanator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy tab 10.1 google now crash

Hello, i am in need of some help. i recently flashed a custom rom ( Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly) to my galaxy tab 10.1
i have installed google search and flashed the correct gapps file to it using CWM.
whenever i go to use the speech recognition option to the right of the google search bar, google now crashes.
any ideas would be great!

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykanator View Post
Hello, i am in need of some help. i recently flashed a custom rom ( Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly) to my galaxy tab 10.1
i have installed google search and flashed the correct gapps file to it using CWM.
whenever i go to use the speech recognition option to the right of the google search bar, google now crashes.
You installed Google Search from the Play Store, and not from a backup, right? You could try going to Apps/Google Search and clearing cache. I've heard that's worked.

John Kester
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Default Re: [Q] Galaxy tab 10.1 google now crash

Disable the Hotword detection in setting, under languages and inputs and it will no longer crash.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Kester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drdunga
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kester View Post
Disable the Hotword detection in setting, under languages and inputs and it will no longer crash.
I had this problem too, and disabling "Hotword detection" worked for me, thanks.
More specifically, it is under Settings-> Language & Input -> Voice Search
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drdunga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alratheesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Google Now / Google Search crash problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykanator View Post
Google Now / Search Crashes? SOLVED

I had the same issue in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM 10.1 (JB4.2.2)

My problem has been solved after changing language settings to English (Australia).

I tried the following steps & its working perfectly now.

1. Uninstalled Google search from settings - Apps - Google Search.
2. Open Play store & install Google search again
3. Dont open Google search now.
4. Change Language settings to English (Australia) in Settings -> Language & input -> Language
5 Open Google search now & skip the Now setup at the startup (select May be Later)
6 Go to settings page in Google Search (Right bottom corner) & select voice and verify the Language shows English (Australia).
7. Select Google Now & Enable it by selecting ON.

AL RATHEESH. R
alratheesh@gmail.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alratheesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CinDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alratheesh View Post
Google Now / Search Crashes? SOLVED

I had the same issue in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM 10.1 (JB4.2.2)

My problem has been solved after changing language settings to English (Australia).

I tried the following steps & its working perfectly now.

1. Uninstalled Google search from settings - Apps - Google Search.
2. Open Play store & install Google search again
3. Dont open Google search now.
4. Change Language settings to English (Australia) in Settings -> Language & input -> Language
5 Open Google search now & skip the Now setup at the startup (select May be Later)
6 Go to settings page in Google Search (Right bottom corner) & select voice and verify the Language shows English (Australia).
7. Select Google Now & Enable it by selecting ON.

AL RATHEESH. R
alratheesh@gmail.com
Wow! Thanks for this information. Working great now!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdunga View Post
I had this problem too, and disabling "Hotword detection" worked for me, thanks.
More specifically, it is under Settings-> Language & Input -> Voice Search
Thank you also. I followed your advice at the same time. lol No stone unturned!

koop_g
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinDroid View Post
Wow! Thanks for this information. Working great now!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Thank you also. I followed your advice at the same time. lol No stone unturned!

hi guys ,

i have the same problem
I tryed to do exacly what you say 3 times and no use ? ;

can you guys help ?

koop

brunofin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone libc.so?

I have the same problem, it seems after the last Google Search update.
Before I was using English (Generic), and Google Now with "OK, Google" hotword detection was working fine.
I changed to English (US) to use the hotword detection from any screen, but now it always crashes as soon as it tries to recognize what I say (but saying OK Google still triggers the voice search).

I don't want to disable the hotword detection because that's the only reason I'm using Google Now anyway.

The report's stack trace contains some really cryptic information, it seems from a native library, and I suspect it may have to do with the CyanogenMod nightlies updates. I am using Android 4.4.4 from cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY on a Samsung Galaxy S II (gti9100).

Going through the stack trace, it first references the file libc.so (from /system/lib/libc.so), I remember also some references to this file somewhere in the nightly logs, so maybe that's the cause?

Stack trace (1/2)Stack trace (2/2) libc.so

Noed
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunofin View Post
I have the same problem, it seems after the last Google Search update.
Before I was using English (Generic), and Google Now with "OK, Google" hotword detection was working fine.
I changed to English (US) to use the hotword detection from any screen, but now it always crashes as soon as it tries to recognize what I say (but saying OK Google still triggers the voice search).

I don't want to disable the hotword detection because that's the only reason I'm using Google Now anyway.

The report's stack trace contains some really cryptic information, it seems from a native library, and I suspect it may have to do with the CyanogenMod nightlies updates. I am using Android 4.4.4 from cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY on a Samsung Galaxy S II (gti9100).

Going through the stack trace, it first references the file libc.so (from /system/lib/libc.so), I remember also some references to this file somewhere in the nightly logs, so maybe that's the cause?

Stack trace (1/2)Stack trace (2/2) libc.so
Same issue here, different phone and I'm on SlimSaber ROM... Please let me know if you find a solution

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Actually just found a solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...7/post54439615
Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100)
Motorola Moto X (XT1058)
The Following User Says Thank You to Noed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brunofin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noed View Post
Same issue here, different phone and I'm on SlimSaber ROM... Please let me know if you find a solution

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Actually just found a solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...7/post54439615
Man, thank you bery much for pointing that out! fixed my issue as well!
For those who wants to know the solution, I'm quoting it from another thread located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...7/post54439615

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseSeal View Post
Open Google Search and go into Settings > Voice. Make sure 'Bluetooth Headset' is ticked. That fixed the issue for me.
Btw, curti a sua foto valeu!