Alternative to 10 post rule

23rd February 2013, 06:22 PM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 9

99 posts
Re: Galaxy S4 First Look?Google X phone?
why u all care about 10 posts lol at least u browse more and see more things in here. I just was looking for samsung galaxy s 3 apps,ROMs ect. But when u browse u see allot nice things so I really think its a good idea with 10 posts even 20 would be OK.

Sent from my GT-I9300 (UltimaRom 10.1) using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 10:50 PM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 8

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Spartan

I see you've been a member for about 4 months, but you've only posted 3 times. Have you ever come across a post where somebody has asked a question and you've thought "hey, I know the answer to that"?......well, next time, reply to that post. If you continue in this fashion you'll have 10 posts in under a day

I wondered if this is a good alternative: Have either 10 posts or an account that is 2+ days old.

My account for example is pretty old now and I only have a few posts, but I still get those warnings when I try to edit my posts right after I submit them (for typos, etc.).

I do try to answer other people's questions on ROMs and phones I know well, but it's just not that I do it everyday.
7th March 2013, 04:53 AM   |  #153  
Flag Laramie, WY
Thanks Meter: 268

767 posts
More
Re: Alternative to 10 post rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Spartan

As I previously mentioned, we are currently tweaking the 10 post rule (more news to follow). As for must users first ten posts not being helpful....this is where we rely on people like yourself to report such posts so moderators can review/delete as necessary

Bump for new info, or progress being made... been a while since anyone had heard anything..

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to G-Man. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2013, 08:34 PM   |  #154  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Point Fortin
Thanks Meter: 1,241

3,162 posts
Re: Alternative to 10 post rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbt

I wondered if this is a good alternative: Have either 10 posts or an account that is 2+ days old.

My account for example is pretty old now and I only have a few posts, but I still get those warnings when I try to edit my posts right after I submit them (for typos, etc.).

I do try to answer other people's questions on ROMs and phones I know well, but it's just not that I do it everyday.

It's 10 measly posts I didn't even know if the 10 post rule when I started I got them so easily

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?
10th March 2013, 10:11 PM   |  #155  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,617

8,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TingTingin

It's 10 measly posts I didn't even know if the 10 post rule when I started I got them so easily

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

Exactly. No point in complaining.
18th April 2013, 07:27 PM   |  #156  
Flag Sanpada - Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 121

221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbt

Buddy it is 10 and ur post count is more, so u contact an admin to unblock u

Sent from my Karbonn A5 using xda premium
20th April 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #157  
Flag Laramie, WY
Thanks Meter: 268

767 posts
More
Should make it so you have to be a senior member to post in dev threads - unless you're a dev, in which case you can post in your own dev thread... this way people have time to learn how to use XDA properly... like searching and reading before posting, and posting in the correct threads...

The Following User Says Thank You to G-Man. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2013, 03:02 PM   |  #158  
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 455

947 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man.

Should make it so you have to be a senior member to post in dev threads - unless you're a dev, in which case you can post in your own dev thread... this way people have time to learn how to use XDA properly... like searching and reading before posting, and posting in the correct threads...

So basically ur saying to make it 100 posts instead of ten???

Regards
- N
20th April 2013, 03:22 PM   |  #159  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,750

14,393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man.

Making the limit higher won't work.
We'd either see people spamming even more OR it would turn people away from XDA.
I personally wouldn't mind if it did turn some people away but it's not what the higher ups are gonna want to happen.
20th April 2013, 04:35 PM   |  #160  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,617

8,883 posts
More
Most likely if you're having an issue with a ROM, someone else has already had the same issue. All it takes is the Search function in the thread. People under 10 posts can already view the Dev Sections. If you are a developer who happens to also be a new member, PM a staff member to have the limitation lifted.

I seriously cannot understand how or why people are complaining about 10 posts. It's like getting shot in front of a hospital and complaining that it's so far away. It's 10 motherflippin posts!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread