No registration required

Good Radio's in Massachusetts?

OP Luminate7s

24th February 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

60 posts
More
If you live in Mass can you post what Radio you are on and how good your service is. I'm on the stock Radio and I'm just looking for any better Radios's if any.
25th February 2013, 04:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Derry, NH
Thanks Meter: 148

435 posts
More
1) Plurals never have apostrophes. Never.

2) I've been using the Telus 3.17.661.2 from the Viper thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1868236) and it's worked great in NH / MA. Honestly, I've never really had issue with any radios, but this one definitely is an improvement over whatever I had stock.
25th February 2013, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,420

3,935 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminate7s

If you live in Mass can you post what Radio you are on and how good your service is. I'm on the stock Radio and I'm just looking for any better Radios's if any.

There is no "best" radio for all users. Reception and battery life are subject to exact geographic location, and other variables. Therefore picking a radio is often trial-and-error. See the radio thread [Radio][RIL]HOXL Radios/RILs including CM10.x based ROMs (Flashable zips), which includes a Google map which may give you suggestions on what radio(s) to try.
25th February 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,359

7,739 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie498

Reception and battery life are subject to exact geographic location, and other variables. .

It seems the OP understands that the best radio is geographically related, but may be underestimating the degree to which that is true. Radio reception is often specific to the town, even the cell tower(s) at your location. So the statement of "Massachusetts" is insufficient. The map data on the Google Map linked in the radio/RIL thread also does not have much data in Massachusetts. OP may have to take a trial-and-error approach.

Its also not clear what the OP is trying to achieve: are you experiencing reception or battery life issues? Flashing radios may not even get a better result that you currently have. But if you don't tell us the start condition, we have no way of knowing where you are trying to get to.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread