Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IOTHiddenMenu (USB Settings, LTE Settings, Test Mode, Dialer codes, etc)

Tip us?

autoprime
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,935

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppinTheSouth View Post
Thanks again Prime. I did that and it worked until I turned my data off and then back on. So once again I'm back on CDMA only with no problem.
shucks.. not sure what to do :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncop3t3 View Post
After the most recent OTA update the PRL Write option is gone. Any idea where this might have moved?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2159054

ReppinTheSouth
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Re: IOTHiddenMenu (USB Settings, LTE Settings, Test Mode, Dialer codes, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime View Post
You tried. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

datajosh
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 602
Quote:
Thanks again Prime. I did that and it worked until I turned my data off and then back on. So once again I'm back on CDMA only with no problem.

Odd, I've been having the same problem that you are and can't figure out what caused it. I feel like I probably botched a setting somewhere even though I didn't think I did. I might go on my wife's phone and check all the menus and see what hers are set to because she hasn't had a single issue on her phone.

ReppinTheSouth
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Re: IOTHiddenMenu (USB Settings, LTE Settings, Test Mode, Dialer codes, etc)

If you figure it out, let me know. I was in a 4g area today and my 3g worked after I left it and when I got home. I connected to my home wifi and it didn't work when I disconnected. I manually changed my PRL and that didn't work. I am using MA6 but am going to downgrade my radio later to see if that does anything.

callme...
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile just something to add...

if your on metro pcs you can access this same type of menu by typing in *#22745927 on the dialer. the service menu is 47*68#13580...sorry if i didnt put this in the right place there just isint one and metro will be gone soon anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to callme... For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReppinTheSouth
Old
Thanks Meter 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime View Post
as long as you always went back and set the original setting.. nothing should be messed up. if you changed other random settings.. it'll be all guess work from our end. but if every setting you messed with is back to its default setting.. there should be no issues.

update your profile over wifi. still nothing? in ##DATA#.. make sure LTE and eHRPD is enabled in the menus they are in. also be sure HDR/1X Selection is set to hybrid, i believe.
I found the settings. LTE is off and eHRPD is showing on in the view menu but off in the edit menu. It is on though because I'm on 3g. If I turn on LTE, it puts my phone in global mode under the HDR/1X. It seems to work better but I don't know if global is good or bad. When I set it to hybrid, it says CDMA on the network settings menu.

Prime, let me know if any of this helps or what you think. Right now it's working fine but I need to see what it does over time.

autoprime
Old
Thanks Meter 4,935

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I found the settings. LTE is off and eHRPD is showing on in the view menu but off in the edit menu. It is on though because I'm on 3g. If I turn on LTE, it puts my phone in global mode under the HDR/1X. It seems to work better but I don't know if global is good or bad. When I set it to hybrid, it says CDMA on the network settings menu.

Prime, let me know if any of this helps or what you think. Right now it's working fine but I need to see what it does over time.

ehrpd doesnt need to be on for your phone to get 3g. with ehrpd disabled youd just get regular EVDO rather than eHRPD.

you should probably wanna set that to ON in the edit menu(unless for some reason that makes things stop working correctly... but it should be on)

i havent used my gs3 in over a month.. i forget the exact 1x/hdr settings that were set on my device... but as long as its not on 1x or evdo only or something.. and everything works(which you say it does).. then id just leave global.

the only thing id try differently is setting ehrpd to on.

ReppinTheSouth
Old
(Last edited by ReppinTheSouth; 26th February 2013 at 02:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25

Wow. I turned it on, the 3g signal refreshed, and my internet immediately stopped working. OUTSTANDING. I set it back to off and it worked again. :banghead:

autoprime
Old
Thanks Meter 4,935

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Wow. I turned it on, the 3g signal refreshed, and my interpenetrating immediately stopped working. OUTSTANDING. I set it back to off and it worked again. :banghead:

so it only works with eHPRD set to off? Does LTE work even tho it's off?

get an app like "netmonitor" from the Play store... does it show your device as being on EVDO.. or eHRPD?

I'm wondering if there are eHPRD issues at a higher level.. backend/tower issue.

datajosh
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 602
Quote:
If you figure it out, let me know. I was in a 4g area today and my 3g worked after I left it and when I got home. I connected to my home wifi and it didn't work when I disconnected. I manually changed my PRL and that didn't work. I am using MA6 but am going to downgrade my radio later to see if that does anything.

Did this only start after you went to MA6? I'm starting to wonder if there could be a problem with it (on some devices at least) since MB1 appears to be right around the corner already.