Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Kindle fire root for 10.2.6

OP patel989

30th January 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
THANKS TO JORDAN011 FOR SOME OF THIS INFO. i tried the origional post but got confused with some of the bits esspeciaolly as i didnt find mention of installing Java which was a big stumbling block so i did more tial and error and research and Rooted my Kindle - heres what i did with links: hope it helps (sorry pics didnt come out and niether did the highlighted instructions but short of time and have to popout -- follow it word for word and it will definately work


1. Turn your Kindle Fire on and swipe down the top bar and tap on More+
2. Goto device and turn on the “allow installation of applications” button (ontop of the reset factory defaults)
3. Go back and then goto Security and turn on the “enable ADB” button
4. On your PC Figure out if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows running and download the correct versions of java and android sdk below:
5. Download and install Java se7u11 the JDK file. From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880260.html. This is needed for the android SDK to work (otherwise ADB wont work). You may have to register and reboot
6. Download android SDK then extract the folder to your desktop and install the (green icon). download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
7. If you have installed java and the android sdk – you should get the following screen:


8. If SDK manager asks you to install any missing packages (button on bottom right corner) then install them/accept and install
9. Download then extract to desktop and install the Kindle fire ADB Drivers (don’t worry if there’s an error message – Just install Anyway as its an unsigned file. Download from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
10. Open up device manager ie start/control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers/device manager
11. Turn on your kindle and plug it into the PC
12. Your kindle should be recognised in device manager as Andriod composite adb interface.

13. Download Bin4rysroot from here http://uploaded.net/file/0fpyh5c5
14. download Quemu root from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
15. Extract both the above files to your C Drive into two new folders and rename the folders Qemu (for quemuroot contents) and Root (forbin4ryroot contents)
16. THE ROOTING PART NOW!!
17. On the Pc goto Start and type in CMD then right click on the CMD icon at the top of the window and select “Run as Administrator” and hit yes if the User Account Control window pops up and a dos window will appear
18. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter
19. Copy and past (or type this into the window) runme.bat then hit enter
20. When the screen shows an interface, type 1 then hit enter, A lot of errors will show up but that's fine
21. When your kindle shows a "Restore" screen hit restore my data your kindle will restore and reboot (may take some time be patient!)
22. After it finishes out you should get a command line on the pc saying “press any key to continue” when you do that you will see C:|\Root>
23. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\Qemu then hit enter
24. Copy and past (or type this into the window) rootqemu.bat then hit enter
25. When you get another interface type 1, then hit enter, press enter twice until it starts the steps.
26. It'll restart your kindle a couple times make sure you don't press enter until it has booted up again whenever it prompts you to (ie wait 3 mins before pressing enter) your Now rooted – you don’t have to press any key on the pc now.
27. If you want proof, you can download Es File explorer and in the apps settings goto root settings grant it Root permissions in the settings by ticking root explorer boxe and clicking yes and grant for both
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to patel989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 09:56 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
thank for sharing..wil try root my kindle fire...cheerzz
23rd February 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
tuktukscotty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bridlington
Thanks Meter: 67
 
643 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Thought this was great, could finally get my mum's Kindle rooted and put Play Store on it....... Then found that it says I've reached my download limit and that I need to register and pay...

Back to the drawing board.
24th February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patel989

THANKS TO JORDAN011 FOR SOME OF THIS INFO. i tried the origional post but got confused with some of the bits esspeciaolly as i didnt find mention of installing Java which was a big stumbling block so i did more tial and error and research and Rooted my Kindle - heres what i did with links: hope it helps (sorry pics didnt come out and niether did the highlighted instructions but short of time and have to popout -- follow it word for word and it will definately work


1. Turn your Kindle Fire on and swipe down the top bar and tap on More+
2. Goto device and turn on the “allow installation of applications” button (ontop of the reset factory defaults)
3. Go back and then goto Security and turn on the “enable ADB” button
4. On your PC Figure out if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows running and download the correct versions of java and android sdk below:
5. Download and install Java se7u11 the JDK file. From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880260.html. This is needed for the android SDK to work (otherwise ADB wont work). You may have to register and reboot
6. Download android SDK then extract the folder to your desktop and install the (green icon). download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
7. If you have installed java and the android sdk – you should get the following screen:


8. If SDK manager asks you to install any missing packages (button on bottom right corner) then install them/accept and install
9. Download then extract to desktop and install the Kindle fire ADB Drivers (don’t worry if there’s an error message – Just install Anyway as its an unsigned file. Download from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
10. Open up device manager ie start/control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers/device manager
11. Turn on your kindle and plug it into the PC
12. Your kindle should be recognised in device manager as Andriod composite adb interface.

13. Download Bin4rysroot from here http://uploaded.net/file/0fpyh5c5
14. download Quemu root from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
15. Extract both the above files to your C Drive into two new folders and rename the folders Qemu (for quemuroot contents) and Root (forbin4ryroot contents)
16. THE ROOTING PART NOW!!
17. On the Pc goto Start and type in CMD then right click on the CMD icon at the top of the window and select “Run as Administrator” and hit yes if the User Account Control window pops up and a dos window will appear
18. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter
19. Copy and past (or type this into the window) runme.bat then hit enter
20. When the screen shows an interface, type 1 then hit enter, A lot of errors will show up but that's fine
21. When your kindle shows a "Restore" screen hit restore my data your kindle will restore and reboot (may take some time be patient!)
22. After it finishes out you should get a command line on the pc saying “press any key to continue” when you do that you will see C:|\Root>
23. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\Qemu then hit enter
24. Copy and past (or type this into the window) rootqemu.bat then hit enter
25. When you get another interface type 1, then hit enter, press enter twice until it starts the steps.
26. It'll restart your kindle a couple times make sure you don't press enter until it has booted up again whenever it prompts you to (ie wait 3 mins before pressing enter) your Now rooted – you don’t have to press any key on the pc now.
27. If you want proof, you can download Es File explorer and in the apps settings goto root settings grant it Root permissions in the settings by ticking root explorer boxe and clicking yes and grant for both

I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.
24th February 2013, 01:01 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdujour

I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.

This happened to me. And I googled extensively about the problem. Honestly.. the only thing to do is keep running the script.. worked for me after about 20 tries. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
24th February 2013, 01:06 AM   |  #6  
mindmajick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,989
 
3,696 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: Kindle fire root for 10.2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdujour

I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.

Nothing. It's normal and doesn't mean anything. Root still works even with the error

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
26th February 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Thumbs up Rooting Kindle Fire 10.2.6
I was able to get my Kindle Fire .v2 rooted. I ran through the process again. This time going back to the beginning.

I wasn't able to get it to run, so I refreshed the files, and ran it again. It took 2 attempts to get the first script to run. I thought it didn't run, so I was searching for a reason why. Then I looked up, and the script had finished. Then it took 3 times for the second part of the script to complete.


After getting the the launcher I wanted installed (APEX failed, so did Novo and a few others) AWD worked, but I was unable to get it to be the default launcher. (the kindle launchers 'default' settings were grayed out.

I then went into /system/app and renamed Launcher.apk to Launcher Default.apk and the com.awd.launcher-1.apk to Launcher.apk.
the system didn't respond when I pressed the home key, so I took a chance and rebooted my kindle.
When it rebooted, I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, so I clicked set as default, and clicked on AWD.

All is good now. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to snoopdujour For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2013, 11:23 PM   |  #8  
blythefam5's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
help
i keep getting a runme.bat is not recognized as a internal or external command , operable program or batch file
25th March 2013, 01:30 AM   |  #9  
rkerrddd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag hadley
Thanks Meter: 17
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
when i select 1 and hit enter i'm not getting the restore screen on the kindle it just says that it couldnt' push busybox and superuser and then it asks me wich superuser i want too install 1 or 2 and when i select one it just goes back too prompt. any ideas drivers are all good adb good cant figure it out
The Following User Says Thank You to rkerrddd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2013, 02:48 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
hey did u ever get help with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by blythefam5

i keep getting a runme.bat is not recognized as a internal or external command , operable program or batch file

hey did u ever get help with that

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes