FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Flashed e975 firmware on e973

252 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By athris, Senior Member on 29th January 2013, 06:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd February 2013, 11:16 PM |#11  
Elisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Re: Flashed e975 firmware on e973
He probably used the KDZ method. However I would recommend rooting, unlocking and flashing an E975 based rom via cwm first. That way it's not replacing the modem.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5
 
 
23rd February 2013, 11:23 PM |#12  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha

He probably used the KDZ method. However I would recommend rooting, unlocking and flashing an E975 based rom via cwm first. That way it's not replacing the modem.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

if he says he has no any issues after then all is ok no?
23rd February 2013, 11:40 PM |#13  
Elisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Re: Flashed e975 firmware on e973
Yeah but we don't know if he KDZed or flashed a custom rom.
I can link you to a stock HK E975 rom with root and you can try if you want if you are already unlocked and have cwm.
It won't replace your modem so you should have network. Everything will work on an E971 and E973.
If flashing on F180, make a nandroid first.


LG Optimus G E971/3/5
Last edited by Elisha; 23rd February 2013 at 11:42 PM.
23rd February 2013, 11:47 PM |#14  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha

Yeah but we don't know if he KDZed or flashed a custom rom.
I can link you to a stock HK E975 rom with root and you can try if you want if you are already unlocked and have cwm.
It won't replace your modem so you should have network. Everything will work on an E971 and E973.
If flashing on F180, make a nandroid first.


LG Optimus G E971/3/5

OK
So i am unlocked to all networks .. but dunno what cwm is yes I have F180L .. make a nandroid first ?
can u explain pls?
thnx
24th February 2013, 12:06 AM |#15  
Elisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Re: Flashed e975 firmware on e973
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEthos

OK
So i am unlocked to all networks .. but dunno what cwm is yes I have F180L .. make a nandroid first ?
can u explain pls?
thnx

You need to root first and then unlock your bootloader with FreeGee. I'm not sure if the F180 has an unlockable bootloader for JB though.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5
24th February 2013, 12:17 AM |#16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha

You need to root first and then unlock your bootloader with FreeGee. I'm not sure if the F180 has an unlockable bootloader for JB though.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

someone said no it doesn't have unlockable bootloader
24th February 2013, 12:47 AM |#17  
Elisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Re: Flashed e975 firmware on e973
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEthos

someone said no it doesn't have unlockable bootloader

Then your only option would be to downgrade to an unlockable version on ICS and go from there.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5
24th February 2013, 09:14 PM |#18  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha

Then your only option would be to downgrade to an unlockable version on ICS and go from there.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

should i try to flash ? will i brick phone or not?
26th February 2013, 09:14 AM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEthos

@antoniejanssen show yourself and advertise step by step flashing ..

Sorry for the late reaction, but I was first busy for my work an then became ill.
I did the KDZ methode and then you must root it and then install the BaseBandF180L.
If you want to do this, you need the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN software, the E97510A_00.kdz file.
After that the root software and then the BasebandF180L software.
26th February 2013, 10:23 AM |#20  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniejanssen

Sorry for the late reaction, but I was first busy for my work an then became ill.
I did the KDZ methode and then you must root it and then install the BaseBandF180L.
If you want to do this, you need the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN software, the E97510A_00.kdz file.
After that the root software and then the BasebandF180L software.

Can u provide links for stuff and tutorial step by step please ?
thnx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes