5,814,981 Members 41,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speaker EQ Settings Thread!

Tip us?

Fidelator
Old
(Last edited by Fidelator; 24th February 2013 at 01:46 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Audio Speaker EQ Settings Thread!

So guys, basically, just share your speaker EQ settings with us, this is mine, it's the most enjoyable sound I managed to get out of these speakers

These settings are for there ONBOARD SPEAKERS, I'm pretty sure they will suck with anything else, don't use these with anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-15-02-46-30.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1754934  

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461
No EQ at all.. Not needed on the N10..
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

iamikon
Old
Thanks Meter 1,382
Default Re: Speaker EQ Settings Thread!

I use awesomebeats over in the app forum. Really improves the sound. Dont use any eq settings except bass boost on headphones

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Help me by helping yourself.

Fidelator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx View Post
No EQ at all.. Not needed on the N10..
The speaker are better than those in pretty much any other tablet but if you come from a Touchpad you'll want to improve it as much as you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fidelator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator View Post
The speaker are better than those in pretty much any other tablet but if you come from a Touchpad you'll want to improve it as much as you can.
Oh I know. I didn't come from a touchpad but remember I do have a N7.. Tegra DAC = Muddy uninspired dull crap.. The only time I use it for audio is in the car when I can run it through my head units EQ. The Wolfson DAC in the N10 is worth the price of admission alone. I was spoiled by it in the Nexus S for over two years. I just don't feel the audio needs any help and leave the EQs and magic elixirs at the door and let the music playback naturally.

So weird there is a similar thread on the N7 forum about the audio and the best thing to use for audio. I posted a similar post there..
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment

Fidelator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Oh I know. I didn't come from a touchpad but remember I do have a N7.. Tegra DAC = Muddy uninspired dull crap.. The only time I use it for audio is in the car when I can run it through my head units EQ. The Wolfson DAC in the N10 is worth the price of admission alone. I was spoiled by it in the Nexus S for over two years. I just don't feel the audio needs any help and leave the EQs and magic elixirs at the door and let the music playback naturally.

So weird there is a similar thread on the N7 forum about the audio and the best thing to use for audio. I posted a similar post there..

The DAC is really great, but it doesn't help much when you have small speakers with a flat EQ by default, try these, you won't be dissapointed (only for the speakers, don't use these settings for the headphones).
The Following User Says Thank You to Fidelator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator View Post
The DAC is really great, but it doesn't help much when you have small speakers with a flat EQ by default, try these, you won't be dissapointed (only for the speakers, don't use these settings for the headphones).
Ohhh.. I see. I misunderstood... You're strictly speaking of the onboard speakers only. Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll give the settings a try then.. You are right the default speaker output is flat. I don't use onboard speakers often but I'll look into it just to have ready for the times I do though. I've generally been weary of EQ and such with small speakers.. Always afraid even the smallest amount of bass will blow them

Fidelator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Ohhh.. I see. I misunderstood... You're strictly speaking of the onboard speakers only. Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll give the settings a try then.. You are right the default speaker output is flat. I don't use onboard speakers often but I'll look into it just to have ready for the times I do though. I've generally been weary of EQ and such with small speakers.. Always afraid even the smallest amount of bass will blow them

Yeah it makes weird sounds when you boost the 250 band too much, I left it way below the weird sound level as that scared me too, it can't play the lower frequencies at all so I doubt those will affect it though.