Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 49,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader bricked

Tip us?

willmedeiros
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bootloader bricked

Yesterday, I did unlock the bootloader, however, after that, he just gets on screen "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" and does not care anymore, what can I do?

dog121
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Default Re: [Q] Bootloader bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmedeiros View Post
Yesterday, I did unlock the bootloader, however, after that, he just gets on screen "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" and does not care anymore, what can I do?
Sorry not quite sure what you are trying to say or mean do you mean that you unlocked you're phone and the bootloader message says warning unlocked bootloader and now the phone won't start

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

willmedeiros
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog121 View Post
Sorry not quite sure what you are trying to say or mean do you mean that you unlocked you're phone and the bootloader message says warning unlocked bootloader and now the phone won't start

Sorry, I'm from Brazil, but it was just that he no longer starts after doing the unlock.

dog121
Old
Thanks Meter 201

Quote:
Sorry, I'm from Brazil, but it was just that he no longer starts after doing the unlock.
Was the phone fully charged before you unlocked it can you get in to recovery??

willmedeiros
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Was the phone fully charged before you unlocked it can you get in to recovery??

He was born when I unlock, now it just flashes the green light, vibrates, beeps and then dies again

dog121
Old
Thanks Meter 201

Quote:
He was born when I unlock, now it just flashes the green light, vibrates, beeps and then dies again
Sounds to me like you have bricked your phone when you unlocked the bootloader did you use the Motorola website because unlocking the bootloader should not brick you're phone trying to root it can brick it if you're not careful

HSD-Pilot
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2022
Default AW: [Q] Bootloader bricked

For me it sounds more like an JB > ICS RSD-brick. Unlocking or rooting (even with an wrong Kernel) won't destroy your ability to boot into the BL.

Sent from my XT910

fgaulke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sounds to me like you have bricked your phone when you unlocked the bootloader did you use the Motorola website because unlocking the bootloader should not brick you're phone trying to root it can brick it if you're not careful

Apparently, the same happens to me. But, in my case, I was flashing the root files for JB with adb and the power got down in the middle of the process.
Now the phone is freeze in the unlocked bootloader warning and resets after some seconds.. eternal loop.

If I press Power + Vol Down, the phone resets but don't get in the fastboot menu.
Adb doesn't recognize the device / not even RSD Lite (All drivers are installed)

Is there any hope?

willmedeiros
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgaulke View Post
Apparently, the same happens to me. But, in my case, I was flashing the root files for JB with adb and the power got down in the middle of the process.
Now the phone is freeze in the unlocked bootloader warning and resets after some seconds.. eternal loop.

If I press Power + Vol Down, the phone resets but don't get in the fastboot menu.
Adb doesn't recognize the device / not even RSD Lite (All drivers are installed)

Is there any hope?
Before my stop completely, he was also in that infinite loop, ai tried putting several other bootloader, which gave al problem, I think the only way will be the same assistance.

HSD-Pilot
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2022
Default AW: [Q] Bootloader bricked

To get into the Bootloader on JB you'll need some timing.

Press and hold Power & Vol. down to start the i. As soon as it starts vibrating release Power & hold only Vol. down.

If you guys flash an gpt. bin from an ICS Fastboot over the JB BL you kill your I (as seen above)

Sent from my XT910

The Following User Says Thank You to HSD-Pilot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]