Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ubuntu Phone for the HTC HD2

Tip us?

HypoTurtle
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
Believe the code in question is here. But don't think its the sorta thing that's portable. Anyone try it as it is? Can't spot in on first glance but I take it that the build model is taken from the device at some point, I guess if we can spoof that and see how far it boots.
The Following User Says Thank You to HypoTurtle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aitrus
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Re: Ubuntu Phone for the HTC HD2

Installed it on my gnexus today. It's nice but its just a preview . Almost nothing worked right. But it did get me excited!! Can't wait for the real deal now!

IAMLEGENDZ
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Canonical ask who has experience to help them to port Ubuntu Touch to new devices. Here's the link http://developer.ubuntu.com/2013/02/...to-new-levels/
The Following User Says Thank You to IAMLEGENDZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

z3nful
Old
Thanks Meter 286

Ill be tackling this once I can get the source downloaded, so many people are trying to get it that its crashing their repo, and since its ~12gigs, it might take a little while lol

I've token the time to extract the Ubuntu Touch Nexus 4 Dev Preview core system and put it into a ext4 Image to make easier for people to see exactly what's installed and be able to configure it without having to fully install it.

You can find the Operating System Image here - www.ZenfulApps.com
---------------------------------
Hookup Cellular - The repair shop supply store - www.hookupcellular.com

Linux Autoloader - Highly flexable Linux loader for android - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1645257

Zens Backtrack v3 - MySQL already configured, metasploit capable - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post15443300
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to z3nful For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robbie P
Old
(Last edited by Robbie P; 24th February 2013 at 12:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3nful View Post
Ill be tackling this once I can get the source downloaded, so many people are trying to get it that its crashing their repo, and since its ~12gigs, it might take a little while lol

I've token the time to extract the Ubuntu Touch Nexus 4 Dev Preview core system and put it into a ext4 Image to make easier for people to see exactly what's installed and be able to configure it without having to fully install it.

You can find the Operating System Image here - www.ZenfulApps.com
Hi z3nful, I have been trying on and off all day to DL the image with varying degrees of success. The zip seems to have downloaded successfully but is only around 100mb (ranging from 79 to 130)(tried from chrome on pc and linux, and firefox). Any chance of a mirror? Thanks

HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;
Magldr 1.13 thanks bepe & Cotulla
On NAND - WP7.8 pdaimatejam v8.8 thanks to pdaimatejam, DFT, YukiXDA, xboxmod etc
On SDcards - Numerous Android SD builds & NativeSD ROMs (Thanks boonbing, Xylograph, securecrt & Almighty tytung!)
Radio 2.15.50.14 & Thanks to everyone@XDA
Recognised Contributor Code of Conduct

Learning Never Ends Team member
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

z3nful
Old
(Last edited by z3nful; 24th February 2013 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 286

Thats odd, it downloaded good on my phone, Linux, and XP. here's a direct link to it that's not run through the file manager on the site, should work fine that way (still working out some bugs lol)

UbuntuTouch-DevPreview-Mako.ext4.zip

Linux Autoloader - Highly flexable Linux loader for android - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1645257

Zens Backtrack v3 - MySQL already configured, metasploit capable - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post15443300
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z3nful For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robbie P
Old
(Last edited by Robbie P; 24th February 2013 at 01:06 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2871
Quote:
Thats odd, it downloaded good on my phone, Linux, and XP. here's a direct link to it that's not run through the file manager on the site, should work fine that way (still working out some bugs lol)

UbuntuTouch-DevPreview-Mako.ext4.zip
Thanks, that link worked first time

Ok I have extracted the image to sd on fat32 renamed it UbuntuTouch.ext4.img and put it in linux-files/system
The linload app manages to mount the image, but when i try to start vnc, i get
"bash: vncserver: command not found" in terminal after some other stuff, leaving me at the prompt.
I have tried to connect using other vnc viewers but no joy yet.
I have partitioned my 32gb card with 16gb fat32, 10gb ext4, 4gb ext4(empty) and 256mb linux swap. And ideally would like to use the 3rd partition for the image. Do i just put the UbuntuTouch.ext4.img file there and point to it with linload?
Thanks again
Edit; using tytung jb 1.3a on nativeSD

HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;
On NAND - WP7.8 pdaimatejam v8.8 thanks to pdaimatejam, DFT, YukiXDA, xboxmod etc
On SDcards - Numerous Android SD builds & NativeSD ROMs (Thanks boonbing, Xylograph, securecrt & Almighty tytung!)

The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

z3nful
Old
Thanks Meter 286

The Touch preview doesn't have vnc install when you first download it, and from what I've seen looking around in it, there isn't a command to start up unity.

One thing you can try is to install vncserver, then see if you can get it to load an "ubuntu-session" from the xstartup file. I'm not sure if that will work though :/

I've almost got the source finished downloading, once thats done ill be trying for a working kernel to see if I can get this setup as its own rom

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to z3nful For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robbie P
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2871
Quote:
One thing you can try is to install vncserver, then see if you can get it to load an "ubuntu-session" from the xstartup file.
I will play around a bit more, but not sure how that works.
No worries though, as is preview.
Best of luck with it

HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AKRRKA
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Ubuntu Touch Developer is currently running on the devices listed below - Devices
Waiting for our HD2!

PS: For information
Жизнь - это игра, для которой нет Tutorial`а ԿԱՐԵՆ
Siemens C45 -> Siemens CX65 -> HTC StarTrek(Qtek 8500) -> HTC HD2
(HTC HD2 Project moon light WM6.5.3 v3.59+ 16.11.10) + (NexusHD2 Android SD by tytung)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AKRRKA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]