Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual-boot of Sammy and AOSP is working!

Tip us?

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21 View Post
Any idea about price? Also, bump! Why would anyone not want this kernel for our device?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
I'm not sure. DerTeufel found a device locally for 599 euros and is willing to chip in 100 euros. I don't know why people aren't more interested in this functionality. I have considered opening threads in the Sprint and T-Mobile forums. The N7100/N7105 forums have been silent and the Verizon forum has only negative comments about donations... I sent a PM to DerTeufel to see what he thinks.
AT&T Galaxy Note 2 - Currently running the flavor of the day

AT&T Galaxy Note Original
AT&T Captivate

DerTeufel1980
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 22034

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$310.00

I'll take a look today, if there is a way, to get a used one for less money. (eBay...)

Also, i totally understand if one does not want to donate before the work is done, i just can't pay for this device. I am still visiting university and having family with two kids. If I would spend my little money for a phone instead of my family, I am sure, I would not have a family any longer. So, sorry. But buying the device myself is no option for me.

If you guys get me the money for it, I really would be proud to develop for it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
If you like my work, please donate to me

www.hellybean.com - Here you can find my rom and all my kernels

All my source (kernel, recovery, rom) can be found here:
https://github.com/DerTeufel
https://github.com/Hellybean
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DerTeufel1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTeufel1980 View Post
I'll take a look today, if there is a way, to get a used one for less money. (eBay...)

Also, i totally understand if one does not want to donate before the work is done, i just can't pay for this device. I am still visiting university and having family with two kids. If I would spend my little money for a phone instead of my family, I am sure, I would not have a family any longer. So, sorry. But buying the device myself is no option for me.

If you guys get me the money for it, I really would be proud to develop for it.

I changed the OP to see if anyone would even consider $5.00. I will update my donation to $75.00 as soon as I see someone else offer a donation.

AT&T Captivate
The Following User Says Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

btpd21
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default Re: Would you risk donating $5.00 for dual-boot capability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMD View Post
I changed the OP to see if anyone would even consider $5.00. I will update my donation to $75.00 as soon as I see someone else offer a donation.
Please guys? It doesn't seem fair that he will be building this kernel for the whole community when its less than 10 people putting cash forward. Please consider even a small donation if you plan on using this ever or just want to support a hard working dev. I used to be part of the Samsung infuse community and they were able to donate devices to 5 or more devs. This is a great community with a lot of potential, so please help out!

mr mystery
Old
Thanks Meter 98

Forgive my ignorance here, but what would we be dual booting to?

Sent from my Note 2

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mystery View Post
Forgive my ignorance here, but what would we be dual booting to?

Sent from my Note 2
It would be your choice of ROMs compatible with the kernel(s) that TerDeufel1980 would create. Until he has the device and works on it, he won't know if it would be 2 different TW ROMs or 2 different AOSP ROMs or perhaps 1 of each if he can swap kernels during the dual-boot process. The second or "alternate" ROM will need some configuration, etc. I dual-boot my kindle fire using the modaco build (close to stock) for the default boot which was packaged specifically to flash to the "alternate" partition. I then can flash any other ROM not specially configured into the "primary" partition. The dual-boot loader is modified to make the alternate as the default. I don't know how it will work for our device but you can look at DerTeufel's dual-boot thread for the Captivate - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2135091
Our device is a lot newer so I am guessing he will have more flexibility in what he can do.

AT&T Captivate

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757
Updated totals in the OP

AT&T Captivate

btpd21
Old
Thanks Meter 42

Quote:
Updated totals in the OP
I'm not sure that your total value is accurate. I got much higher than what you got. You may want to recount

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21 View Post
I'm not sure that your total value is accurate. I got much higher than what you got. You may want to recount

Thanks - I'm not counting PxDroid86 yet since I don't think that amount will be sent until after the dual-boot is created. I'm looking for enough for DerTeufel to purchase the device initially. I may change the OP to gather "after the fact" donations and make a "loan" of sorts by sending a large amount of front and DerTeufel will send an agreed-upon amount back to me when he receives the "after the fact donations". I'm trying to limit that "up front" loan though since I have to clear it with the wife...

AT&T Captivate

DerTeufel1980
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 22034

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Thanks - I'm not counting PxDroid86 yet since I don't think that amount will be sent until after the dual-boot is created. I'm looking for enough for DerTeufel to purchase the device initially. I may change the OP to gather "after the fact" donations and make a "loan" of sorts by sending a large amount of front and DerTeufel will send an agreed-upon amount back to me when he receives the "after the fact donations". I'm trying to limit that "up front" loan though since I have to clear it with the wife...
Yesterday a two months old device ended at ebay for 402. Of course no one knows how much it would have been if I had bid for it, too.
Next one ending in 4 days.

If you like my work, please donate to me

www.hellybean.com - Here you can find my rom and all my kernels

All my source (kernel, recovery, rom) can be found here:
https://github.com/DerTeufel
https://github.com/Hellybean