Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 06/02/13)

Tip us?
 
T-Macgnolia
Old
#51  
T-Macgnolia's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,886
Posts: 3,707
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Shannon, Ms.

 
DONATE TO ME
Hey I can not get the deodexed ROM to download. I want to install this rom because right now I am on the 4.1.1 ROM with the T889UVALK8 baseband. I am rooted and have a custom recovery installed but still on stock. I want to get the updraded ROM plus i want a deodexed ROM so I can try porting a mode to our device. But I can not get the ROM to download, it will not even start the download from either link. Can you help me put here friend?
New to XDA? Please have a read here and here, they are here to help you.
XDA Search Video
S-off explained
Guide on HTC HD2
4EXT Themes, Splash screens, and Bootanimation By T-Macgnolia
XDA-BLOG Writer
RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer for Sensation

Current daily device= Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ROM=TMOUS Stock Multi Window update not rooted
Other devices=TMOUS HTC Sensation 4G,TMOUS HTC HD2 , Acer Iconia A500

 
teshxx
Old
#52  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,296
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia View Post
Hey I can not get the deodexed ROM to download. I want to install this rom because right now I am on the 4.1.1 ROM with the T889UVALK8 baseband. I am rooted and have a custom recovery installed but still on stock. I want to get the updraded ROM plus i want a deodexed ROM so I can try porting a mode to our device. But I can not get the ROM to download, it will not even start the download from either link. Can you help me put here friend?
The links are working fine for me. Try a different computer.
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
The Following User Says Thank You to teshxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
christian666
Old
#53  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Hi there.

Whats the difference between

Factory Image_-::-_ Odexed _-::-_ Deodexed _-::-_ Kernel _-::-_ Modem


mainly the difference between odexed and deodexed?

i assume that kernel is the kernel for the rom
and
the modem
is the software for the modem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now another question

I have a rooted t889 and with clockmod on stock rom as far as I know

on android version

4.1.1

baseaband version

t88uvalk8

if I want to update to the baseband t889uvall4, which is the latest t mobile stock rom(with recent security patch) at the moment.

what should I flash and how?

in order so I can update to the latest t mobile stock rom and at the same time keeping my application (apps)


thank you
 
Strapt
Old
(Last edited by Strapt; 18th February 2013 at 07:25 AM.)
#54  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 300
Join Date: May 2009
Question cant download it

I am trying to download the newest Modem. I am doing it on the computer and all it does is just count down .. over and over and over .. but never downloads.

Then I try and do it on the phone thru goomanager and after the countdown it says invalid MD5 and it doesnt download.

any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the help.

also .. is there a way to update the Software version and the baseband version at the same time to the same version ...or is it just flashing one and then the other? Thanks again.

EDIT .. now the phone says the server is offline.. but only with the modem link .. so maybe thats what is going on .. will try later.
_________________
Phones:
T-Mobile HTC Mytouch 4G
- Rooted
- Clockwork recovery
- ROM: CM MOD 7 Nightlies
T-Mobile HTC G1
- Rooted
- Armon Ra Recovery
- ROM: Cyanogen 6
 
teshxx
Old
#55  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,296
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapt View Post
I am trying to download the newest Modem. I am doing it on the computer and all it does is just count down .. over and over and over .. but never downloads.

Then I try and do it on the phone thru goomanager and after the countdown it says invalid MD5 and it doesnt download.

any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the help.

also .. is there a way to update the Software version and the baseband version at the same time to the same version ...or is it just flashing one and then the other? Thanks again.

EDIT .. now the phone says the server is offline.. but only with the modem link .. so maybe thats what is going on .. will try later.
Flash one at a time. Goo.im is working fine for me. Try a different browser.
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
 
Scartaris12
Old
#56  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 54
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx View Post
So right now you have no su and no custom recovery correct? You did triangle away after removing su right? Install the tar via odin one more time and see if it clears it up.
Running into the same issue as galaxysm.....

ODIN'd stock firmware
Rooted Via chainfire method
Ran triangle away
Unrooted via SuperSU
Factory reset

After using triangle away I can confirm in download mode that everything is good to go. But as soon as I unroot via SuperSU and reboot, it comes back modified again.

I tried to use triangle away AFTER unrooting....but the app wont run without root.

So I'm a bit confused on how to get it to stay non-modified after unrooting. I even tried not letting it boot up and did a factory reset in stock recovery before rebooting but still same results.
 
gselsidi
Old
#57  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2009
Noob question if I flash the stock factory image with odin, that will install the kernel and modem also correct?
 
Gack69
Old
#58  
Gack69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 516
Posts: 736
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Louisville
Default Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 01/26/13)

I believe these files are flashable through recovery only. I also think he has them individually, cuz the image itself does not contain kernel or modem.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
by @strongsteve
Sprint Galaxy Note 3
Rooted (Thanks Chainfire!)
 
teshxx
Old
#59  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,296
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 01/26/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
Noob question if I flash the stock factory image with odin, that will install the kernel and modem also correct?






Quote:
Originally Posted by Gack69 View Post
I believe these files are flashable through recovery only. I also think he has them individually, cuz the image itself does not contain kernel or modem.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
Flash factory image via Odin. Rest of them via recovery (cwm or twrp).

If you flash factory image, it will include everything (ie modem, kernel, system.img etc).

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
 
jongcruz
Old
#60  
jongcruz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 503
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Smile Here we go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian666 View Post
Hi there.

Whats the difference between

Factory Image_-::-_ Odexed _-::-_ Deodexed _-::-_ Kernel _-::-_ Modem


mainly the difference between odexed and deodexed?

i assume that kernel is the kernel for the rom
and
the modem
is the software for the modem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now another question

I have a rooted t889 and with clockmod on stock rom as far as I know

on android version

4.1.1

baseaband version

t88uvalk8

if I want to update to the baseband t889uvall4, which is the latest t mobile stock rom(with recent security patch) at the moment.

what should I flash and how?

in order so I can update to the latest t mobile stock rom and at the same time keeping my application (apps)


thank you




There is more technical explanation to this, but the easiest way to find out is to use root and root explorer and in your phone's /system/app normally you have the .apk and coresponding .odex to every application inside your phone. Deodexed rom (mostly Custom Rom) don't have .odex files.

Deodexed is like decompiling the application (java..etc.) and recompiling it at the same time so that the apps will work even without the .odex file. Once your rom is deodexed you can modify the look of your phone, like adding custom theme for example. this is AFAIK.

Tags
boot, kernel, modem, stock, t889
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes