Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru

Tip us?

bigmook
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru

It seems to keep me from adjusting my CPU with rom toolbox pro or system tuner pro. Can someone else that is running a custom kernal (IMO 2.0) and let me know if they can adjust theirs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

AtariDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 45
This is an app written and distributed by a component manufacturer. They will cut speed/processing power as much as they can to make the device use less battery. This inherently means the app will take control of the CPU/governor adjustments. A kernel such as KT with an app that LOCKS frequencies may prevent this, but also will render the app useless.

They aren't concerned with the same things as we in the rooting world are. We want to push as much processing power as possible while using the least amount of electrical power needed, not slow the device down while hoping ppl don't notice. Lol..
Devices:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Acer Iconia A500(V8 Bootloader/ Civato's Re-Flexx Rom)

Previous devices:
Too many to mention(but all rooted since the D1)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtariDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kujayhawks77
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Default Re: Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru

I too experienced battery drain from this app.

+1 on CPU Sleeper

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
One minute was enough, Tyler said, a person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.

Vahndroid84
Old
Thanks Meter 49
tryed for about 1weeks.

After the learning mode...it started to appear as one of the most stealer of battery life...with 12/13% of daily battery usage. Disinstalled lol ...and my phone seems to be turned at a good battery life