5,600,919 Members 42,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Homemade Fastboots] Unlocked RAZR i's Only! [Windows] --- Retired.

Tip us?

raz0r1991
Old
Thanks Meter 94
on the motorola unlocking page it says "my device cant be unlocked" wft?

mattlgroff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Homemade Fastboots] Unlocked RAZR i's Only! [Windows]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r1991 View Post
on the motorola unlocking page it says "my device cant be unlocked" wft?
Stop pasting it wrong

It should be like

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not

Xxxxxx
Xxxxxx
Xxxxxx

When you copy it. And NO spaces at all!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored.
Owner of Batakang. Recognized Developer at XDA
You can find forum sections for the T-Mobile Prism II over at Droid-Hive under The Batcave.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phositadc
Old
(Last edited by phositadc; 24th February 2013 at 02:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
Homemade Fastboots
What does it do? (For JB).
  1. Pushes RAZRiRoot2.zip to internal SD card.
  2. Flashes system from the new firmware.
  3. Flashes kernel.
  4. Flashes CWM by turl1.
  5. User must select Recovery to go to CWM and flash RAZRiRoot2.zip themselves.

Now, my system images themselves are mostly pre-rooted, however they end up having permissions issues, so we need to re-root them anyway.
I'm tired of waiting for Retail.GB to get Jelly Bean, so I unlocked this morning and am going to flash the Retail.EU system images. A couple of quick questions:

1) Is flashing these images the only way to convert from Retail.GB to Retail.EU, or is there a better method?

2) I'm pretty familiar with fastboot commands, etc., so I'm comfortable doing it manually. I read something in this thread about 100MB flash increments. But when I look at the FlashAndRoot.bat, I don't see how it is splitting them up into 100MB increments? Was that just an ICS thing? Can I just flash this by ./fastboot flashing the system.img, boot.img, cwm, and then flashing the root.zip?

3) I see that busybox, su, and superuser.apk are in the Retail.en.EU zip, but in the .bat I don't see any commands actually pushing any of those to the phone. All I see is RAZRiRoot2.zip being pushed to the phone. But RAZRiRoot2.zip doesn't have busybox in it. So how does busybox actually get to the phone?

Edit: I guess I can't just flash by fastboot flashing the system img, because it tells me "INFOdata too large"

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Homemade Fastboots] Unlocked RAZR i's Only! [Windows]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
1) Is flashing these images the only way to convert from Retail.GB to Retail.EU, or is there a better method?

This IS the best method and the reason these were made.

2) I'm pretty familiar with fastboot commands, etc., so I'm comfortable doing it manually. I read something in this thread about 100MB flash increments. But when I look at the FlashAndRoot.bat, I don't see how it is splitting them up into 100MB increments? Was that just an ICS thing? Can I just flash this by ./fastboot flashing the system.img, boot.img, cwm, and then flashing the root.zip?

The fastboot binary is a special one from http://aosp.us/ that's the only way I've got it to work.

3) I see that busybox, su, and superuser.apk are in the Retail.en.EU zip, but in the .bat I don't see any commands actually pushing any of those to the phone. All I see is RAZRiRoot2.zip being pushed to the phone. But RAZRiRoot2.zip doesn't have busybox in it. So how does busybox actually get to the phone?

Make your own ZIP, modify the existing one, push it and change permissions, use a busy box installer, the options are endless.
There.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored.
You can find forum sections for the T-Mobile Prism II over at Droid-Hive under The Batcave.

raz0r1991
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Hey man i had updated my phone to JB on this way:

RSD LITE 6.1.4 > Installed from my branded ics to Retail sml 20 ICS.

Then i entered CWM and flashed a update package JB.

Fine, my device is now on officia 4.1.2

But i wanna root it, can i unlock my BL and follow your steps to use homemade fastboots, i can flash the homemade fastboot ICS BR 4.1.2? or i need any other thing to proceed, tnx.

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r1991 View Post
Hey man i had updated my phone to JB on this way:

RSD LITE 6.1.4 > Installed from my branded ics to Retail sml 20 ICS.

Then i entered CWM and flashed a update package JB.

Fine, my device is now on officia 4.1.2

But i wanna root it, can i unlock my BL and follow your steps to use homemade fastboots, i can flash the homemade fastboot ICS BR 4.1.2? or i need any other thing to proceed, tnx.
Any unlocked RAZR i can flash these.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arman68
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Matt,

Now that SuperSU has been updated to support x86 and our phone, would it be possible to update your fastboot with it, ideally allowing updates of SuperSU?

At the momemt, when using your mod (on JB EU retail), SuperSU gets replaced by SuperUser after every boot, and loses the settings. I have tried an failed miserably to make the changes myself.

I did managed to get SuperSU to stick by reflashing the standard boot.img, rooting, and upgrading to SuperSU; but without your mods, the phone is much lesser. So I went back to it and SuperUser.

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman68 View Post
Matt,

Now that SuperSU has been updated to support x86 and our phone, would it be possible to update your fastboot with it, ideally allowing updates of SuperSU?

At the momemt, when using your mod (on JB EU retail), SuperSU gets replaced by SuperUser after every boot, and loses the settings. I have tried an failed miserably to make the changes myself.

I did managed to get SuperSU to stick by reflashing the standard boot.img, rooting, and upgrading to SuperSU; but without your mods, the phone is much lesser. So I went back to it and SuperUser.
I would much rather be using the new Superuser by Koush which is open source than Chainfire's closed source SuperSu.

Flash it from the link below in CWM and tell me how well it works or doesn't work. HSD-Pilot reported decent results but it's good to get from as many as possible. I cannot test on my own RAZR i for my sister is now the owner of that phone lol

http://batakang.com/ftp/RAZRi/RootUt...ZRiRoot2.1.zip

wozn
Old
(Last edited by wozn; 26th February 2013 at 10:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
what have you gone to? back to ARM i imagine, to be honest except for the battery life and small form factor with decent build quality, i'd prefer to be back on the ARM train. I just hate the yellow screen on the Razr I, every time i put the nexus 7 down and look back at the razr i am amazed just how yellow it is!

EDIT: the superuser from the homemade still overwrites after flashing that new zip. Keen to try that new superuser, just need to find out why this old superuser won't just stay dead. Must be something you set up? that /rooter folder? even that folder is also regenerating. i gave up on it yesterday and stayed with superuser.

Thanks Matt

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozn View Post
what have you gone to? back to ARM i imagine, to be honest except for the battery life and small form factor with decent build quality, i'd prefer to be back on the ARM train. I just hate the yellow screen on the Razr I, every time i put the nexus 7 down and look back at the razr i am amazed just how yellow it is!

EDIT: the superuser from the homemade still overwrites after flashing that new zip. Keen to try that new superuser, just need to find out why this old superuser won't just stay dead. Must be something you set up? that /rooter folder? even that folder is also regenerating. i gave up on it yesterday and stayed with superuser.

Thanks Matt
I'm unsure why it keeps re-appearing... nothing special was done this time around besides deleting /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to stop it from removing CWM on each boot.

As for what I am on now, I am currently using a GSM Galaxy Nexus with a 3800 mAh battery. It's certainly nice to have the latest Android OS! I'm thinking of switching to 1 or 2 phones this year possibly.
1. Motorola "X" phone.
2. Intel Quad-Core "Baytrail" phone.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe