Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more
Post Reply

Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall

OP universexda

23rd February 2013, 07:07 AM   |  #1  
universexda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
For such a luxurious phone the calculator should have Memory Store (MS), Memory Plus & Memory Recall functions. Both for the simple and especially the scientific modes. I find the lack a surprising oversight by Sammy.
23rd February 2013, 08:04 AM   |  #2  
adrynalyne's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,672
 
9,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by universexda

For such a luxurious phone the calculator should have Memory Store (MS), Memory Plus & Memory Recall functions. Both for the simple and especially the scientific modes. I find the lack a surprising oversight by Sammy.

Samsung isn't going to know about it posting here...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 09:58 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Re: Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by universexda

For such a luxurious phone the calculator should have Memory Store (MS), Memory Plus & Memory Recall functions. Both for the simple and especially the scientific modes. I find the lack a surprising oversight by Sammy.

Plenty of free third party apps that would be more functional and add more than this anyway. Only benefit I see to the stock calculator is the one handed mode, which I don't use.

Sent from my Note II
24th February 2013, 02:00 AM   |  #4  
universexda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

Samsung isn't going to know about it posting here...

I wanted to see what others thought. But good point, I'll submit it as an issue at their web site or in a survey.
The Following User Says Thank You to universexda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #5  
universexda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman09

Plenty of free third party apps that would be more functional and add more than this anyway.

True dat. I thought of that after I posted. I tried out 3 from the Playstore and kept MobiCalc Free and RealCalc. RealCalc is much more than I need but I like it's unit conversion features. I'm always trying to figure out miles from kilometers and volume differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman09

Only benefit I see to the stock calculator is the one handed mode, which I don't use.

Actually I do move the board for right handed use. Just like the smaller keypad footprint as I don't actually use the device one handed. I rarely used my previous Treo one handed so no biggie.
24th February 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by universexda

True dat. I thought of that after I posted. I tried out 3 from the Playstore and kept MobiCalc Free and RealCalc. RealCalc is much more than I need but I like it's unit conversion features. I'm always trying to figure out miles from kilometers and volume differences.



Actually I do move the board for right handed use. Just like the smaller keypad footprint as I don't actually use the device one handed. I rarely used my previous Treo one handed so no biggie.

I'm a fan of RealCalc, it's definitely one of those "I probably don't need most of this normally, but it's nice to have" type of apps. Yea, I'm from the old Treo days too, so I'm just used to the two-hand use
25th February 2013, 02:31 AM   |  #7  
universexda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman09

I'm a fan of RealCalc, it's definitely one of those "I probably don't need most of this normally, but it's nice to have" type of apps. Yea, I'm from the old Treo days too, so I'm just used to the two-hand use

With the Note 2 I nearly always hold it in my left hand and use my right hand pointing finger or a stylus in my right hand to engage the screen. On my Treo I would do that but also 2 hand it to type on the keyboard.

This is the first phone I thought it worth it to drop my Treo for. In addition to the document orientation of the phone, multi-window and the large scrren, having used a stylus with the Treo, the fact that the Note 2 had one clinched my decision.
25th February 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 146
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Re: Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall
I use the 10bii calc so that I don't have to keep my financial calculator with it. Probably the best calculator app I tried on the app store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
26th February 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
I don't know if others just missed it, but you can just copy and paste from the calculator...

There is that arrow above the numbers. It pulls up all of the calculations you have done. Just long press copy and paste into your new calculation. I prefer not to install a new app if I don't have to.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note II General by ThreadRank