Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall

Tip us?

universexda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall

For such a luxurious phone the calculator should have Memory Store (MS), Memory Plus & Memory Recall functions. Both for the simple and especially the scientific modes. I find the lack a surprising oversight by Sammy.

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by universexda View Post
For such a luxurious phone the calculator should have Memory Store (MS), Memory Plus & Memory Recall functions. Both for the simple and especially the scientific modes. I find the lack a surprising oversight by Sammy.
Samsung isn't going to know about it posting here...
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spyderman09
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default Re: Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall

Quote:
Plenty of free third party apps that would be more functional and add more than this anyway. Only benefit I see to the stock calculator is the one handed mode, which I don't use.

Sent from my Note II

universexda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
Samsung isn't going to know about it posting here...
I wanted to see what others thought. But good point, I'll submit it as an issue at their web site or in a survey.
The Following User Says Thank You to universexda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

universexda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman09 View Post
Plenty of free third party apps that would be more functional and add more than this anyway.
True dat. I thought of that after I posted. I tried out 3 from the Playstore and kept MobiCalc Free and RealCalc. RealCalc is much more than I need but I like it's unit conversion features. I'm always trying to figure out miles from kilometers and volume differences.

Quote:
Only benefit I see to the stock calculator is the one handed mode, which I don't use.
Actually I do move the board for right handed use. Just like the smaller keypad footprint as I don't actually use the device one handed. I rarely used my previous Treo one handed so no biggie.

spyderman09
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
True dat. I thought of that after I posted. I tried out 3 from the Playstore and kept MobiCalc Free and RealCalc. RealCalc is much more than I need but I like it's unit conversion features. I'm always trying to figure out miles from kilometers and volume differences.

Actually I do move the board for right handed use. Just like the smaller keypad footprint as I don't actually use the device one handed. I rarely used my previous Treo one handed so no biggie.
I'm a fan of RealCalc, it's definitely one of those "I probably don't need most of this normally, but it's nice to have" type of apps. Yea, I'm from the old Treo days too, so I'm just used to the two-hand use

universexda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I'm a fan of RealCalc, it's definitely one of those "I probably don't need most of this normally, but it's nice to have" type of apps. Yea, I'm from the old Treo days too, so I'm just used to the two-hand use
With the Note 2 I nearly always hold it in my left hand and use my right hand pointing finger or a stylus in my right hand to engage the screen. On my Treo I would do that but also 2 hand it to type on the keyboard.

This is the first phone I thought it worth it to drop my Treo for. In addition to the document orientation of the phone, multi-window and the large scrren, having used a stylus with the Treo, the fact that the Note 2 had one clinched my decision.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Default Re: Note 2 calculator missing Mem Store, Mem Plus & Mem Recall

I use the 10bii calc so that I don't have to keep my financial calculator with it. Probably the best calculator app I tried on the app store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cleptomaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't know if others just missed it, but you can just copy and paste from the calculator...

There is that arrow above the numbers. It pulls up all of the calculations you have done. Just long press copy and paste into your new calculation. I prefer not to install a new app if I don't have to.