Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 45,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Tip us?

dmonleo
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Ok, I've flashed i535 to pageplus. When the simcard is in it will cycle calls to *22899 "activation" this is very annoying. Any suggestions on how to permanently fix this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
seek knowledge...

inmanaaron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a question that I posted in another thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post38084586

Gatanater
Old
Thanks Meter 1

These are all wrong due to the fact that rooting voids your software warranty. Since it was your hardware that broke you are fine, just return it

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Current ROM: CM10.1 Unofficial by Mastamoom
Current Kernel: Lean Kernel
13 Year Old developer!

vdub2pt0
Old
Thanks Meter 39

You know of any way to swap the internal and external memory on the 4.2.2 roms? The original script isn't working

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

prindone3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bad microUSB port?

Hi, i can plug my gs3 into my computer and charge it, all well and nice. I have tried like every solution i have found to get it detected on my computer. I have a macbook pro but i cannot get the phone detected on either the mac or the win7 side. I have the drivers installed on the windows side from the samsung website. I have tried everything i've found on the forums and i still can't get it to show up in Kies, Odin, as a drive on my mac, no notification when i plug it in on win7. What do you think could be wrong? I've had it rooted before running CM10 and AOKP, and after trying both around that time JB came out for the device so i wanted to try it. I reverted to the stock build. Is there anything that may have caused the usb port to go bad and not transfer data? is there any sort of non-mainstream fix i have not found yet? Thanks for the help mate

(SCH-i535 if it makes a difference)

dmonleo
Old
Thanks Meter 33

Ok so I answered my question. Using Phone info app (sc@tawain) change network mode to cdma only. I can get 1x data with foregin simcards (h2o, simple, att go) and even data without a simcard. Plus.....NO FREAKING ACTIVATION CALLS!...cool! Now I will have to get 3g speeds on here.

seek knowledge...

growpurp707
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prindone3 View Post
Hi, i can plug my gs3 into my computer and charge it, all well and nice. I have tried like every solution i have found to get it detected on my computer. I have a macbook pro but i cannot get the phone detected on either the mac or the win7 side. I have the drivers installed on the windows side from the samsung website. I have tried everything i've found on the forums and i still can't get it to show up in Kies, Odin, as a drive on my mac, no notification when i plug it in on win7. What do you think could be wrong? I've had it rooted before running CM10 and AOKP, and after trying both around that time JB came out for the device so i wanted to try it. I reverted to the stock build. Is there anything that may have caused the usb port to go bad and not transfer data? is there any sort of non-mainstream fix i have not found yet? Thanks for the help mate

(SCH-i535 if it makes a difference)
Have you tried a different USB cord? The one that came with my phone was missing a pin.

dorianteal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sending to Samsung for screen replacement

Hi all.
Busted my digitizer. Samsung quoted me 130 fora new screen and lcd. I swear the rep told me to pack the battery and charger, the documentation specifically says otherwise. Anyone done this?

Thanks

viseversa101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default incekst struc

I was on my vzn sgi535 s3 and tried flashing perseus kernal to cleanrom 5.6 and got an error, then found that kernal was built for i9300 not an i535 in turn causing problems. Once I rebooted foolishly I hard bricked it, no boot of any sort, unrecognizable usb plugin....Only response I am receiving is a red led when plugged in via usb during a battery pull. Looking into the problem I see only 2 avenues to go down, send it to be jtag'ed because even though I solder I am not that proficient, or paying the 150 deductible and poopping all over the insurance. My question is whether or not any one can suggest to me a better solution.

l3prichaun13
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Hey guys, I'm familiar with rooting but I did it only two times and this being my second after doing it on the original droid over a year ago. I tried to boot into recovery both with the volume up home and power and also tried through clockwork and my droid gets to the screen with the droid guy with the hexagon spinning then he falls down with a red triangle and I only get a few options like wipe dalvik and update from adb but no options to backup. I used the Odin method with the vralec bootchain and vrzblck3 md5's and cwm 6.0.x tar. Everything seemed to work right but I don't know what to do and don't want to brick my device. I don't mind help in any way shape or form. My goal is to get Google wallet working but I want a backup before I start tweaking build props and what not. Also I am running sgs3 on Verizon sch-i535 model and on jelly bean 4.1.1. If you need any other info just let me know, any and all help is appreciated