Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Super Simple 5 minutes Wireless Charging Mod for Samsung SG3

Tip us?

l3ean5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
for the people who have it working, how well does the back cover close? Mine almost closes all the way but it doesn't just enough to bug me a bit.

iofthestorm
Old
Thanks Meter 596
Default Re: Super Simple 5 minutes Wireless Charging Mod for Samsung SG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ean5 View Post
for the people who have it working, how well does the back cover close? Mine almost closes all the way but it doesn't just enough to bug me a bit.
Kind of the same here. I think if you put the coil more in the middle than near the bottom it could close better but you can't move it up too high or it might not stay on the touchstone. I don't care enough to try changing mine though.
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T) - CM11 nightlies
Verizon Galaxy S III - Omni 4.4 (retired)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013) - Homemade Omni (4.4) goodness

NoOneCanHelpMe
Old
Thanks Meter 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ean5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iofthestorm View Post
Kind of the same here. I think if you put the coil more in the middle than near the bottom it could close better but you can't move it up too high or it might not stay on the touchstone. I don't care enough to try changing mine though.
if you change the 4 metal plates and use magnets 1mm instead it'll be hard to close the back cover. I used 4 0.5mm magnets on the dock to enforce the its hold and left the original 4 metal plates in the phone and it works just fine. back cover closes perf

DukeGordon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I read through most of the thread and some others were asking about the charging speed. Anyone know how to up the speed at all? PArt of what was drawing me to wireless charging was that it was supposedly faster.

iofthestorm
Old
Thanks Meter 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeGordon View Post
This seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I read through most of the thread and some others were asking about the charging speed. Anyone know how to up the speed at all? PArt of what was drawing me to wireless charging was that it was supposedly faster.
Why would it be faster? I don't think it's much slower than regular charging though, and if you charge it overnight like I assume most people do it shouldn't matter. My phone charges in about 3 hours on the touchstone. If I really wanted to get a good amount of charge quickly I would plug it in but otherwise I don't see why charging speed matters.

gquiring
Old
(Last edited by gquiring; 24th February 2013 at 04:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0

vwlover69
Old
Thanks Meter 6

I have noticed since I did this, my battery drains quickly. Anyone else?

Sent from the TARDIS.

iofthestorm
Old
Thanks Meter 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring View Post
I can't get this to work. When I put a voltmeter on the terminals while the SG3 is on I don't get any voltage readings. My battery is at 89%. Do the terminals always have voltage?
If you mean the terminals on the inside back of the phone, they're not supposed to have a readable voltage, I guess they're one way or something. The ones on the outer back that you put on from the pixi back should have a voltage when ya they're on top of the touchstone. If you're getting voltage on the pixi but not charging your contact with the inner terminals isn't good enough, I suggest trying to stick to one piece of copper tape if possible rather than putting multiple pieces together. It turns out that is actually a worse connection than just using one long piece with a bend at the end to make the contact (I was trying to stick a bunch of pieces at the end to make sure it was high enough to make contact but that actually doesn't work, so I ended up just folding it up so that part of it sticks up a bit and makes contact that way).

akayzwhiz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I wanna try this as soon as I get a chance

yets
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlover69 View Post
I have noticed since I did this, my battery drains quickly. Anyone else?

Sent from the TARDIS.
Yep, I'm having this too.

The Following User Says Thank You to yets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
palm, touchstone, wireless charging