5,594,700 Members 33,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any Ex S3 User

Tip us?

Bus Driver
Old
(Last edited by Bus Driver; 26th February 2013 at 03:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Any Ex S3 User

Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks

Update: Just got my Butterfly today and I must say it's gorgeous! Getting aquainted with Sense...

xircoms
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Driver View Post
Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks
Instead of jumping to butterfly, if available go for S3-LTE (2gb, Quad Core) if you are into emails, native client of S3 is far superior then HTC. Large HD display does add value, however rest not much of a difference.

ant178
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Driver View Post
S3 felt smoother stock vs stock. Not much of a difference, the butterfly physically feels more like a premium phone though. Not really worth going thru the trouble upgrading
The Following User Says Thank You to ant178 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hepterci
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default have

I haven't it

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 577

DONATE TO ME
Once you use the Butterfly you won't ever return back to Amoled screens and that too Pentile
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bus Driver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
So you had no trouble changing from Touchwiz to Sense?

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 577

DONATE TO ME
I hardly used Touchwiz (I actually hate it) ... so if you really like Touchwiz then it will be a learning curve for you ... if you can work on Android independent of tools/launchers then its no big deal

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

All I can say is that I think HTC is the only company which comes close to the fluidity and design sense of Apple (no pun intended!)
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4

xchasa
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Default Re: Any Ex S3 User

I miss sense now I'm using touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

jlevy73
Old
Thanks Meter 1086
I still have my S3 but I am enjoying my Butterfly a lot. Any issues I have is because I have the x920e and the Chinese Govt. have gone to great lengths to neuter any form of Google functionality.

As a personal preference, I like Sense more than I do TW. So at the moment, my S3 has been in my desk drawer collecting dust.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlevy73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sebastianlow
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I think TouchWiz is really cartoonish and not as polished as Sense. The Sense E-mail app is much nicer to use in my opinion, then the G-mail one. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and E-mail on it is not nice at all.