Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 42,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Error during rooting process

Tip us?
 
snowbirddd
Old
(Last edited by snowbirddd; 21st February 2013 at 01:27 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Error during rooting process

Hey guys, I'm a new poster but have been reading these forums for a while, hope you can help me solve this huge problem I have..

So I was rooting my Motorola Razr I today, did the Bootloader unlock, everything great, started rooting, everything went nice until all of the sudden this happens:

remount succeded
error: protocol fault (no status)
error: device not found
error: device not found
error: device not found
error: device not found
Rebooting...
error: device not found
Flashing Secured Kernel back...
< waiting for device >

I waited a while to see if it would reconnect by itself, nothing happened, then I restarted the boot, got another "waiting to find device to reboot", but nothing..

Then I disconnected the phone and tried to restart it, but the only menus I can get to are the fastboot and the screen that says that the bootloader is unlocked..

Is there any way I could restore the system or restart the rooting process and get it all the way through?

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks!

P.S.: I have a screenshot of the whole root process window, just can't post it here because I'm a new user.. If anyone is willing to help I can send it to them via email or pm.. Thank you again!

EDIT: sorry, this might be the wrong subforum.. Mods feel free to move it where it belongs..
 
saloums7
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 246
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Default Re: Error during rooting process

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbirddd View Post
Hey guys, I'm a new poster but have been reading these forums for a while, hope you can help me solve this huge problem I have..

So I was rooting my Motorola Razr I today, did the Bootloader unlock, everything great, started rooting, everything went nice until all of the sudden this happens:

remount succeded
error: protocol fault (no status)
error: device not found
error: device not found
error: device not found
error: device not found
Rebooting...
error: device not found
Flashing Secured Kernel back...
< waiting for device >

I waited a while to see if it would reconnect by itself, nothing happened, then I restarted the boot, got another "waiting to find device to reboot", but nothing..

Then I disconnected the phone and tried to restart it, but the only menus I can get to are the fastboot and the screen that says that the bootloader is unlocked..

Is there any way I could restore the system or restart the rooting process and get it all the way through?

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks!

P.S.: I have a screenshot of the whole root process window, just can't post it here because I'm a new user.. If anyone is willing to help I can send it to them via email or pm.. Thank you again!

EDIT: sorry, this might be the wrong subforum.. Mods feel free to move it where it belongs..
If you have an unlocked BL its really simple... flash CWM recovery. Then download SuperSU from chainfire's site and flash it with CWM and you have root.

As for the system, guess you have to flash with RSD a stock system and re-root.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910
 
snowbirddd
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7 View Post
If you have an unlocked BL its really simple... flash CWM recovery. Then download SuperSU from chainfire's site and flash it with CWM and you have root.

As for the system, guess you have to flash with RSD a stock system and re-root.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925
Sounds simple enough, thanks

I actually brought the phone to a neighbor who probably knows more about this stuff than I do, sent him a link to this thread too, maybe he figures it out, if not i'll try what you said tomorrow..

Will keep you posted on how it plays out.. Thanks!
 
snowbirddd
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2013
So my neighbour is saying he can't get anything to work, that possibly the phone is bricked
I'm gonna go by his place in a bit and try what saloums7 said, but if my neighbor is right and the phone IS bricked, is there any way to possibly unbrick it?
 
SFG
Old
#5  
SFG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 413
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fresno
Default Re: Error during rooting process

I'll be the ass. This is the wrong forum.

You are not your iPhone 5
#tylerdurden
...
The Following User Says Thank You to SFG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
saloums7
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 246
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Default Re: Error during rooting process

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFG View Post
I'll be the ass. This is the wrong forum.

You are not your iPhone 5
#tylerdurden
Lol yeah I just realised





Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbirddd View Post
Sounds simple enough, thanks

I actually brought the phone to a neighbor who probably knows more about this stuff than I do, sent him a link to this thread too, maybe he figures it out, if not i'll try what you said tomorrow..

Will keep you posted on how it plays out.. Thanks!
If you can't boot the phone try downloading the corresponding fastboot files from the firmware super thread and flash with RSD. Then flash CWM with fastboot commands (mfastboot works better for flashing recovery) and then from CWM you can install SuperSU and root.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910
 
snowbirddd
Old
(Last edited by snowbirddd; 23rd February 2013 at 09:33 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7 View Post
If you can't boot the phone try downloading the corresponding fastboot files from the firmware super thread and flash with RSD. Then flash CWM with fastboot commands (mfastboot works better for flashing recovery) and then from CWM you can install SuperSU and root.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925
I can only find a firmware superthread for the XT925, but mine is an XT890, do they both use the same firmware? Meaning, can I use the XT925 firmware in mine? Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the firmware I need.. Gonna try to flash it now

EDIT 2: Excuse my noobness, but I think you might have misunderstood what I said.. I do have access to the fastboot menu.. When you say that I should flash the fastboot files, you mean only if I can't get into fastboot right? Or do I have to do it anyway? thanks

EDIT 3: Well I think I might be getting onto something now, I'm following the steps used in the "How to Update/unbrick" video of "TheRazrGuy".. I'll keep you guys posted
 
snowbirddd
Old
(Last edited by snowbirddd; 24th February 2013 at 01:29 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ok so I downloaded the fastboot files for my phone but there is not a single file in there thats flashable through RSD, no xml file, nothing, only .img and .exe.. Did I download the wrong thing or can I flash these files too?
 
snowbirddd
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Oh shoot, now the RSD is stuck in "Please manually power up this phone" but when i press the power button the little green light lights up but the screen won't turn on at all... Can I still flash something through RSD if this happens? Meaning could I turn RSD off now and restart it and try to flash again or a different file?
 
saloums7
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 246
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Default Re: Error during rooting process

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbirddd View Post
Oh shoot, now the RSD is stuck in "Please manually power up this phone" but when i press the power button the little green light lights up but the screen won't turn on at all... Can I still flash something through RSD if this happens? Meaning could I turn RSD off now and restart it and try to flash again or a different file?
I think you're better off asking in the RAZR I forums... they will be better equipped to help you...

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910

The Following User Says Thank You to saloums7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more