OP owl74

23rd February 2013, 04:39 AM   |  #501  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighx

Hey guys, after you unlock the phone going back to 4.1.1 and then upgrading to 4.1.2.. Would this remove lock is will it be permanent?

Please advise,

Thank you!

Yep confirmed here too. I've upgraded to 4.1.2, and also did a reset after the 4.1.2 upgrade, am currently using a different carrier SIM and has been great!
24th February 2013, 04:31 AM   |  #502  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 74

370 posts
More
Worked on the SGH-i317 (AT&T Note II) like a charm. Had to flash 4.1.1 ROM first (KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_use r_low_ship.tar.md5), wipe data because it wouldn't boot (according to logcat, it wasn't able to read a newer version of some sqlite databases and wouldn't boot up), then perform 2 in-ROM upgrades back to 4.1.2, and voila - a Vodafone ES sim card now no longer prompts me for the AT&T unlock code anymore - just the 4-digit PIN lock.

Brilliant!

P.S. I had to do this because AT&T's own 8-digit SIM unlock code didn't work.
24th February 2013, 03:39 PM   |  #503  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 48

474 posts
Worked like a charm on my Samsung s3 LTE locked to T-Mobile UK.. I had to roll back to 4.1.1 to access this hidden menu. Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by GingaB; 24th February 2013 at 07:22 PM.
24th February 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #504  
Thanks Meter: 96

590 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

Since this process is for SIM Unlock, you need a valid SIM that's working otherwise on your Device. I think USSD Codes require a SIM Card.

The reason for choosing another activated SIM provider, is to check unlock. It is NOT necessary for the unlocking it self. I used an old unactivated Sprint SIM card to check unlock. If you're NOT prompted for a unlock code, then you are good to go.
Last edited by Muffycheeks; 26th February 2013 at 02:50 AM.
25th February 2013, 07:00 PM   |  #505  
Re: Free UNLOCK N7105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks

The reason for choosing another activated SIM provider, is to check unlock. It is NOT necessary for the unlocking it self. I used an old unactivated Sprint SIM card to check unlock. If you're NOT prompted for a unlock code, then you are good to go.

PS. I'm on the T-mobile network with a T-mobile phone.

+1
You don't need an active SIM at all to unlock the phone. I just unlocked my buddies TMO note 2 with this method. And no SIM in the phone!!! :what: But first after downgrading his software. Then flashed a custom Rom back on to it. Everything working perfect, and fully unlocked!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
26th February 2013, 05:51 PM   |  #506  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,717

7,724 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaB

Worked like a charm on my Samsung s3 LTE locked to T-Mobile UK.. I had to roll back to 4.1.1 to access this hidden menu. Thanks a bunch!

The original Poster was trying to access the Menu without ANY simcard in the phone at all. Hence all I said was that you need to have SOME sim card in order to execute the USSD Code.
26th February 2013, 06:29 PM   |  #507  
Quote:

The original Poster was trying to access the Menu without ANY simcard in the phone at all. Hence all I said was that you need to have SOME sim card in order to execute the USSD Code.

Actually no SIM needed to access hidden menu. Just did my friends TMO GN2.

26th February 2013, 06:51 PM   |  #508  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,717

7,724 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman

Actually no SIM needed to access hidden menu. Just did my friends TMO GN2.

I dived into my GSIII after my last post and realized this is a APK (for Crying out Loud!). So no need for any SIM at all! Thanks anyway for the Correction.
26th February 2013, 07:37 PM   |  #509  
Quote:

I dived into my GSIII after my last post and realized this is a APK (for Crying out Loud!). So no need for any SIM at all! Thanks anyway for the Correction.

No prob bro..

27th February 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #510  
Thanks Meter: 0

57 posts
Has anyone gotten this error after typing in the initial code?

"connection problem or invalid mmi code"

?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread