Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]{4.2.2} Vanir 4.0 - Need help testing

Tip us?

zard
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Default Re: [ROM]{4.2.2} Vanir 4.0 - Need help testing

Reporting:

1. Bluetooth fixed

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below

3. APN not fixed

4. The combined width entries is still missing

5. First time trying Pie control in any rom, don't know why I can't launch it even though I tried bottom, right and bottom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to zard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DHO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard View Post
Reporting:

1. Bluetooth fixed

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below

3. APN not fixed

4. The combined width entries is still missing

5. First time trying Pie control in any rom, don't know why I can't launch it even though I tried bottom, right and bottom.

Thank you for the continued help. New nightly should address some things but not others

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below - I did not address this today

3. This reallly should be fixes. I added 2 new methods of getting the APN, and fixed a typo on yesterday's that was preventing it from working

4. The combined width entries is still missing - I did not address this today

5. Several improvements made to PIE, try making the target bigger on the tab. And so far, it only has1 hot spot. I think the default is half way up the right-hand side
Developer for Team Vanir
Supporting Toro, Maguro, Toroplus, Grouper, Tilapia, Manta, Mako, Flo, Deb, GS4 vzw/att/tmo, i605, T0ltetmo, T0lteatt
Also supporting: Hercules, Maserati. Jewel, Vigor, i9300/i9305, d3att/spr/tmo/vzw, m7att/tmo/vzw, e975, 980, and more coming
Request for Recognized Developer Status Rejected

zard
Old
(Last edited by zard; 25th February 2013 at 10:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHO View Post
Thank you for the continued help. New nightly should address some things but not others

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below - I did not address this today

3. This reallly should be fixes. I added 2 new methods of getting the APN, and fixed a typo on yesterday's that was preventing it from working

4. The combined width entries is still missing - I did not address this today

5. Several improvements made to PIE, try making the target bigger on the tab. And so far, it only has1 hot spot. I think the default is half way up the right-hand side
The nightly for tilapia is missing again.

Have a few more screen capture for your reference relating to 2 & 3 above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DHO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630

DONATE TO ME
Sorry they got uploaded to the wrong directory. I Moved them to the correct one.

Not sure if there will be a build tonight, as we are having issues with the gerrit and that will be the focus
Developer for Team Vanir
Supporting Toro, Maguro, Toroplus, Grouper, Tilapia, Manta, Mako, Flo, Deb, GS4 vzw/att/tmo, i605, T0ltetmo, T0lteatt
Also supporting: Hercules, Maserati. Jewel, Vigor, i9300/i9305, d3att/spr/tmo/vzw, m7att/tmo/vzw, e975, 980, and more coming

zard
Old
(Last edited by zard; 26th February 2013 at 04:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 183

Quote:
Sorry they got uploaded to the wrong directory. I Moved them to the correct one.

Not sure if there will be a build tonight, as we are having issues with the gerrit and that will be the focus
Will test and let you know.

1. APN is working now.

2. PIE is working now, but not much use since the options available is similar to navigation bar, unless the purpose is to disable navigation bar. I installed a PIE app from Google Play and that was able to add in applications to the PIE control.

Hopefully you can work on the other two soon. FYI, there is another rom that was just realised, AOKP official, and that has the full tablet mode working, ie status bar is below.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DHO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard View Post
Will test and let you know.

1. APN is working now.

2. PIE is working now, but not much use since the options available is similar to navigation bar, unless the purpose is to disable navigation bar. I installed a PIE app from Google Play and that was able to add in applications to the PIE control.

Hopefully you can work on the other two soon. FYI, there is another rom that was just realised, AOKP official, and that has the full tablet mode working, ie status bar is below.

Sweet thanks for the Feedback, we are getting very close having everything working.

For PIE, you should not need download anything, the app is included, but if you want the Market have have different features. On the phone you can use the expanded desktop to make PIE a better feature..... I have it enabled, but I do not use it much.

I will check out the AOKP source, they are always a good repo when trying to figure out the last few features. I will work on the overlays (especially full tablet mode), I have a hunch we did something that may be preventing it;s full implementation.
Developer for Team Vanir

DHO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630

DONATE TO ME
Today I concentrated on working on a UI chooser. Let's see if it finishes building. If so, nightlies will make their way up as I fall asleep
Developer for Team Vanir

zard
Old
(Last edited by zard; 27th February 2013 at 01:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Today I concentrated on working on a UI chooser. Let's see if it finishes building. If so, nightlies will make their way up as I fall asleep
That's great!

Downloaded 26 Feb version:

1. Settings - Storage - FC (not sure if previous version was like this)

2. UI Mode - Tablet - Unfortunately System UI has stopped.

3. The combined width entries and combined width port and land are all missing. This is not good.

4. Though I have Internet connection working with Wifi, there is a connection error prompt.
The Following User Says Thank You to zard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DHO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630

DONATE TO ME
Yes, yesterday's nightly needs alot of work.
I basically passed out before compiling was done. I found a bunch more code that needs to be added.,... this is not a small project. But Give me a day or 2 more and it will be there.
Developer for Team Vanir

zard
Old
Thanks Meter 183

Quote:
Yes, yesterday's nightly needs alot of work.
I basically passed out before compiling was done. I found a bunch more code that needs to be added.,... this is not a small project. But Give me a day or 2 more and it will be there.
Great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Tags
4.2.2, tilapia, vanir