XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Remove "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" Tool

Tip us?

drumz0rz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Question [REQ] Remove "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" Tool

Is it possible / advisable to remove the "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" tool? I think that's what's triggering the OTA update. I see it running every now and then. I'd feel more comfortable with it off my phone.
HTC Droid DNA
HTC Thunderbolt - Retired

.torrented
Old
(Last edited by .torrented; 22nd February 2013 at 04:51 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
Is it possible / advisable to remove the "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" tool? I think that's what's triggering the OTA update. I see it running every now and then. I'd feel more comfortable with it off my phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2149417

this is what you want to do... and yes you can remove the Remote Diagnosis tool too

CharliesTheMan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2477

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [REQ] Remove "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" Tool

I kill off anything like that and its never been a problem. If its running on its own sometimes it will help your battery life too when you get rid of it.

Sent from my DNA... S-Off like a baws
Help CharliesTheMan out by signing up for Copy with this link https://copy.com?r=lK6L1Y

The Following User Says Thank You to CharliesTheMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 1496

Quote:
My kernel disables this service and I still received the OTA so I don't think it is related.

MicroMod777
Old
(Last edited by MicroMod777; 23rd February 2013 at 04:05 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1829

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
The tool cannot be used without a security key tech support provides when activated.

As a tech agent for big red, I've only used it a couple times when customers have no clue how to use their phones. In those instances, its a pricesless tool!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

zone23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMod777 View Post
The tool cannot be used without a security key tech support provides when activated.

As a tech agent for big red, I've only used it a couple times when customers have no clue how to use their phones. In those instances, its a pricesless tool!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like a cool tool would love it if I could use it from my desktop. If I could use a RDP from my home computer that would be sweet. I personally delete it from the ROM that and the other files mentioned in post above.
Follow me on Twitter @ droidrox39 get the latest ROM updates..