5,596,354 Members 38,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Tip us?

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2344
Default Re: Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Yeah new York always had good service , other than subway of course Lol. I visited twice in 09 and in summer of 2010 and both trips I hsd good service throughout the city. From upper east side to the statue of library. And from jersey city to Queens.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...daniel4653.png

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

Nut_House
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'll probably stick with Sprint. Where I live their reception is better than the other major carriers and the unlimited data is nice to have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nut_House For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NYCHitman1
Old
Thanks Meter 981

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxyFan View Post
I have awesome service here in NY most of the time.
I have awesome service all of the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SamsungGalaxyFan
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I have awesome service all of the time.
That's great

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Dalmus
Old
Thanks Meter 93

Unfortunately, Sprint has seriously degraded their coverage Wisconsin. Up until last June, even if you didn't have Sprint service, you would at least have roaming service to make phone calls.

Now, outside of actual Sprint coverage areas, it's a 70-80% likelihood that you get No Service. And that's not just with my GS3. People with the Evo who got great roaming coverage before are getting no service in northern Wisconsin.

I just switched my main line to US Cellular, and have yet to experience No Service. I could brag about getting 10-15Mb 4g speeds, too, but I know that's not quite fair since 4g is not here from Sprint yet.

However, I have unlimited data for only $7 more than the equivalent Sprint plan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app

LexLuger82
Old
Thanks Meter 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmus View Post
Unfortunately, Sprint has seriously degraded their coverage Wisconsin. Up until last June, even if you didn't have Sprint service, you would at least have roaming service to make phone calls.

Now, outside of actual Sprint coverage areas, it's a 70-80% likelihood that you get No Service. And that's not just with my GS3. People with the Evo who got great roaming coverage before are getting no service in northern Wisconsin.

I just switched my main line to US Cellular, and have yet to experience No Service. I could brag about getting 10-15Mb 4g speeds, too, but I know that's not quite fair since 4g is not here from Sprint yet.

However, I have unlimited data for only $7 more than the equivalent Sprint plan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app
Wow

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

rocafella_ny
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME

Im choosing to stay. Sprint started rolling out lte in most of brooklyn, New York and finally my area. I called customer service to see when the speeds will be better (right now lte speeds are the same as 3g but thats because they started rolling out). Customer service didnt even know that there was lte in brooklyn ny lol. He said the system only showed lte for the bronx and some of manhattan and queens. Good thing im being patient. I cant beat unlimited data. I download/stream/hotspot and a whole bunch of stuff. I use more than 25gb a month in data. Once lte is fully set in my area I will disconnect my wifi (optimum).

show me something worth my attention

SamsungGalaxyFan
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafella_ny View Post
Im choosing to stay. Sprint started rolling out lte in most of brooklyn, New York and finally my area. I called customer service to see when the speeds will be better (right now lte speeds are the same as 3g but thats because they started rolling out). Customer service didnt even know that there was lte in brooklyn ny lol. He said the system only showed lte for the bronx and some of manhattan and queens. Good thing im being patient. I cant beat unlimited data. I download/stream/hotspot and a whole bunch of stuff. I use more than 25gb a month in data. Once lte is fully set in my area I will disconnect my wifi (optimum).

I already disconnected my Optimum WiFi b4 I joined sprint. But it ended up that 4G doesn't reach my house.

Frostacious
Old
Thanks Meter 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafella_ny View Post

Same here. No more road runner. My friends gs3 on tmobile got 1.12mbs downloading a torrent off the hotspot. Rooted of course. Just waiting there working on McAllen, TX as we speak! Finally 4g. Almost jumped ship but I can't find good roms for tmobile gs3 that would convince me to switch. But you best believe I will have the gs7,8,9,10,11,12,.... If they keep on supporting Odin and making it so easy to recover a bricked phone! But they could update the build with some damn aluminum framework or something.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Frostacious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SamsungGalaxyFan
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Wow!! All of Brooklyn NY has excellent 4G LTE!