Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

finally Google wallet works

Tip us?

livingaboard
Old
(Last edited by livingaboard; 22nd February 2013 at 11:19 PM.) Reason: grammar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default finally Google wallet works

I just flashed the initial file, and then setup Google wallet. Then I rebooted into recovery and flash the second file that appears to put your build prop file back to the original Samsung settings.

I tried the other methods mentioned but they didn't work for me.

Here is the link to skynote rom thread and it contains the two files in the first post or so. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2093870 You can see who to thank for this at this thread.e

I don't take credit for any of this other than taking a chance and flashing these files from the Skynote Rom thread and trying on my Note 2 that has Cleanrom 4.0.5.

The cards I added to Wallet were my visa credit card, debit card and American Express.

Today I made two vending machine purchases using wallet with pictures attached. FYI I live in the Seattle Washington area and have not tried this wallet anywhere else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-52-14.jpg
Views:	1498
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1752639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-52-05.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1752640  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to livingaboard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

futuregerald
Old
(Last edited by futuregerald; 23rd February 2013 at 03:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Thanks i'm going to try this on jedi rom and see if it works.

*Update*

It installed without issue for me and setup without any FC or anything else. I'll test it out tomorrow at cvs to make sure it works but so far so good. I'm on the latest Jedi rom.
HTC Wizard - retired
HTC Tytn - retired
iPhone 3G - retired
iPhone 3GS - retired
Nexus One - retired
Motorola Atrix -retired
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - retired
Sony Xperia Play - current
HTC One XL - retired
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - retired
HTC One - current
-----------
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" - retired
Motorola Xoom WiFi - retired
Kindle Fire - retired
Google Nexus 7 - current
The Following User Says Thank You to futuregerald For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rotule
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuregerald View Post
Thanks i'm going to try this on jedi rom and see if it works.

*Update*

It installed without issue for me and setup without any FC or anything else. I'll test it out tomorrow at cvs to make sure it works but so far so good. I'm on the latest Jedi rom.
Got it working on Jedi XpX , however, when i revert to my jedi build.prop, the wallet app dissapear.

i'd like to get it workingwith an official jedi build.prop so i'll keep trying some stuff, i'll keep you updated
Device : SGH-I317M a.k.a. Samsung Galaxy Note II (Canadian)
ROM : Always the lates Jedi X (Obviously the best :P )

pinoyscorpion951
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Doesnt work for me on Jedi XPX. Hangs at the "Setting up Wallet for purchases" part of the install.

rockinandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 64
THANKS ALOT!!! worked on BLACKOUT RC3 like a charm.....just installed first zip and setup google wallet and then flashed second zip and walla...google wallet and spen works...AWESOME!!!

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4904

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: finally Google wallet works

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinandroid View Post
THANKS ALOT!!! worked on BLACKOUT RC3 like a charm.....just installed first zip and setup google wallet and then flashed second zip and walla...google wallet and spen works...AWESOME!!!
I taught RC3 had the wallet stuff built right in there. No need to flash anything. Just change the build prop after setting up wallet. All these zips do is change the build props from NEXUS back to I317.
Just my 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

darksora145
Old
Thanks Meter 7

I can confirm that it works with the jedi rom. Just made my purchase today at whole foods and the receipt popped right up., really happy with this!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to darksora145 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rotule
Old
(Last edited by rotule; 24th February 2013 at 07:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksora145 View Post
I can confirm that it works with the jedi rom. Just made my purchase today at whole foods and the receipt popped right up., really happy with this!!!

but you keep using the skynote build.prop?

then all adjustments and tweaks to build.prop by ptrm are gone you have the skynote one

i'm currently trying to find what don't work in jedi's build.prop that make the wallet dissapear when i revert it.. i'll post if ever i find anything that works.
Device : SGH-I317M a.k.a. Samsung Galaxy Note II (Canadian)
ROM : Always the lates Jedi X (Obviously the best :P )

daveschz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for this, it worked on my STOCK rooted i317. Just flashed the first one, rebooted and set up Wallet, and flashed the second one. Haven't gotten to test it yet but I can't imagine having a problem with it since it let me set everything up and I was able to load back into the app after the 2nd flash. Awesome, thanks for the info OP.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A Current Carrier: AT&T
Current OS Version: JSS15J.N900AUCUBMJ5 Rooted: Yes
Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 & Note 8 LTE

darksora145
Old
Thanks Meter 7

No I flashed the revert to go back to note 2 and all my functionality is still good so I'm back to note 2 build prop