Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 WiFi both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz

Tip us?

g2tegg
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Default Re: Note 2 WiFi both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDI View Post
Is there any way to get the Note 2 to connect on both 2.4 & 5.0 at the same time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Nope. That's impossible. The radio in the Note is designed to associate to only one access point at a time. Whether it be 2.4 or 5.
It would also be useless. Having a phone locked onto to two ssid's would mean splitting the packets to two locations. Overcomplicated uses ordeal.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - DD, Acer C710 W/16GB Ram/64GB SSD/Dual Boot Ubuntu/ChromeOS
Moto X # 2 - Sold, HTC One - Sold, Nexus 5 - Sold, Moto X - Sold, Galaxy Note 2 Titanium - Sold, Optimus G - Traded for a case of beer, Nexus 4 - Sold, Galaxy Note 2 White - Sold, Galaxy S3 - Sold, Galaxy Note N7000 - Sold, Galaxy Note I717 - Sold, Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE - Sold, Samsung, Galaxy S2 - Work, Motorola Razr - Sold, Motorola Atrix - IN PIECES
The Following User Says Thank You to g2tegg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is there any way to get the Note 2 to connect on both 2.4 & 5.0 at the same time?

And why would you even want to do that...?
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

RDI
Old
(Last edited by RDI; 27th February 2013 at 06:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
And why would you even want to do that...?
I am trying to use a new app (XStream) that supports streaming of Windows 7 Media Center files (.wtv). So far this is the first software I found that supports that (Samsung USA support had no idea). I can record 4 HD cable TV channels (FIOS) at once on my PC. A one hour recording in HD is 5-8GB in size. I figured I needed as much bandwidth as possible to stream that size file.

RDI ... Computer Hardware Distributor ... www.RDI.us

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am trying to use a new app (XStream) that supports streaming of Windows 7 Media Center files (.wtv). So far this is the first software I found that supports that (Samsung USA support had no idea). I can record 4 HD cable TV channels (FIOS) at once on my PC. A one hour recording in HD is 5-8GB in size. I figured I needed as much bandwidth as possible to stream that size file.

Well it doesnt matter what you got you got even if you could connect to both at the same time it could not combine them. Wireless N should be able to handle that just fine.
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284

Quote:

Multiple connections to the same source does not equal a faster connection. In fact, the overhead and packet loss of two wireless connections would probably deteriorate the connection and, it would probably be slower than a single link.

Suzook1
Old
Thanks Meter 82

I have two dual band routers bridged with one downstairs and one upstairs and connected by cat6. Blazing speeds on 5.0ghz in every inch of the house

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362061481909.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1768290  

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
5ghz range on the Note 2 is pretty good depends on your router. my 5ghz is the same in my 2 story house is as my 2.4ghz with my ASUS rt-56u

now my linksys 5ghz router sucks
I have the same router. This is not the case for me. I assume you are using the latest firmware updates for it from ASUS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting

nidnarb
Old
Thanks Meter 15

What you do is get yourself a nice linksys router go online and flash linux tomato on that bad boy. Change the config setting to your liking up the transmit power and you got a 5ghz that goes 150 mbs at your neighbors house.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium