Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 52,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual-boot of Sammy and AOSP is working!

Tip us?

PhxDroid86
Old
(Last edited by PhxDroid86; 24th February 2013 at 04:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Default Re: Would you risk donating $5.00 for dual-boot capability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMD View Post
I've created donation threads to try to gather enough funds to get a Galaxy Note II for DerTeufel1980 who has successfully created a dual-boot for the SamSung Captivate (part of the Galaxy S line). After some interest from the AT&T community, it seems to have stalled. I didn't realize how opposed some people are to donation threads but I would ask the following:
If dual-boot is a capability that you would like to have, do a little research to make sure you feel that DerTeufel can be trusted and then consider donating to bring this capability to our device. If he can quickly/easily swap kernels then AOSP and TW ROMs, you could try both without the significant hassle of creating a nandroid backup and restoring every time you want to swap ROMs. I've copied the OP from one of the other threads below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
DerTeufel1980 has a dual-boot kernel working for the Samsung Captivate. He has promised to create one for the Note II if we can get him a device to work on. I am updating this thread with donation promises. Once we gather enough for him to purchase a device, I will send PMs to everyone on the list requesting they use his "Donate to me" button. Who's willing to donate?
The post is below. You can look at his stats (a recognized developer with close to 13,000 thanks) and know that he can be trusted. Just to have him working on the Note II would be a great addition. I started the thread on the AT&T forum and then added it in the N7100/N7105 forum when I realized he lives in Germany. I will now add a thread in the Verizon community since that audience would also benefit from this new capability.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=28
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2154151 - International forum which would be the base for many custom US carrier ROMs

$136 - DerTeufel1980 will chip in 100 euros (roughly $136 currently)

AT&T Community
$50 - RichMD
$25 - ceo.mtcl
$10 - rayandreas
$50 - mocsab
>=$10 - trism@jtype.net
$29 - btpd21

N7105 Community

Verizon Community
When the time is right I'm good for a hunnit, let me know, and to be honest this dude needs to buy the device and then worry about return on investment, in the end isn't any other way against the rules

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhxDroid86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDroid86 View Post
When the time is right I'm good for a hunnit, let me know

Wow, $100.00 would be a great donation. I have been trying very hard to get this to work but it seems to be stalled. I just sent a PM to DerTeufel1980 to see what is the minimum he would need to purchase a device. I am considering taking "all the risk" for the gap between what people donate before the fact and what he needs. I would update the OP for each community to see how much people would donate AFTER it is working and ask him to send a certain agreed-upon amount back to me after he receives the funds. Yes, some would call me foolish but I really want the capability for a few reasons (work related, etc) and I am willing to risk trusting him.
AT&T Galaxy Note 2 - Currently running the flavor of the day

AT&T Galaxy Note Original
AT&T Captivate
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinkinrui
Old
Thanks Meter 90

I can spare 10 bucks for the cause.

Would love to have a dual-boot Paranoid Android/Jedi Master setup!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinkinrui For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Updated totals in the OP

AT&T Captivate
The Following User Says Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muqali
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Ill motivate him for sure. $5 is easy, when and where
Android FOSS Repository - http://f-droid.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to muqali For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by muqali View Post
Ill motivate him for sure. $5 is easy, when and where
Thanks,
When? - hopefully soon I will send PMs to everyone when enough has been promised to get a device.
Where? - He has a "donate to me" you can use - I will include the link to his profile when I send the PM.

AT&T Captivate
The Following User Says Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rlee008
Old
Thanks Meter 123
count me in for $10. it would be great to trying a different rom while not having to mess with my main one.
" Dee Dee Dee, Here's your sign!"

Current Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
Current ROM: Stock/ROOTED
Backup ROM: None
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock B/L
Case(s): UAG Navigator (White) & UAG Outland (Orange) Highly recommended cases!
Watch: Samsung Gear 2 (Charcoal / Black) Rooted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlee008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KingP1n
Old
Thanks Meter 111

Pm me info as well I can do $5

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Device:Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
Rom: DN3 3.2.1 Rom w/ T889UVBMD1 bootloader
Kernel:Latest Agni N7105
RECOVERY:Philz
Firmware: T889UVUCMK7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingP1n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deviusdragger
Old
Thanks Meter 59

I'm in for 5.
For science

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
HTC One - ARHD 31.6 / Bulletproof Kernel
LG G2 White
Galaxy S4
Galaxy Note 3
Nexus 4
iPhone 5s
Blackberry Z10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deviusdragger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RichMD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Thanks all. I was hoping we could get a bunch of $5 or $10 donations since they can add up fast. Updated totals in the OP.

AT&T Captivate

Tags
dual boot