FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Tutorial] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

3,443 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,002
 
By Skunk Ape1, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer on 24th November 2012, 06:27 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th February 2013, 09:18 PM |#191  
scott_0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380
 
More
great work on this!!!! so easy
 
 
14th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#192  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Crashes after rooting
Hi,
While I do enjoy the easy rooting, I have to say, I have experienced a lot more application crashes after rooting my phone. Sometimes my radios are also slow, that I have to reboot. Sometimes even just turning off and on data connection helps.

I never had these issues before rooting.

14th February 2013, 09:00 PM |#193  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 5,002
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by udayse

Hi,
While I do enjoy the easy rooting, I have to say, I have experienced a lot more application crashes after rooting my phone. Sometimes my radios are also slow, that I have to reboot. Sometimes even just turning off and on data connection helps.

I never had these issues before rooting.

It has nothing to do with rooting.
14th February 2013, 09:05 PM |#194  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

It has nothing to do with rooting.

Ok Thanks for confirming Skunkape.
I guess i am not sure why then.
23rd February 2013, 04:59 PM |#195  
caileb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
I've been having a difficult time obtaining root on my device.

When I tried a couple months ago, I was getting stuck

Code:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
And just recently, Odin says the following:

Code:
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I am using the stock USB cable that came with my phone... and I have attempted on all my USB ports - even on the back of my box.

Any other suggestions?
23rd February 2013, 05:19 PM |#196  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 5,002
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by caileb

I've been having a difficult time obtaining root on my device.

When I tried a couple months ago, I was getting stuck

Code:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
And just recently, Odin says the following:

Code:
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I am using the stock USB cable that came with my phone... and I have attempted on all my USB ports - even on the back of my box.

Any other suggestions?

The stock cord is junk. Also try to redownload the files they could be corrupted.
24th February 2013, 04:07 AM |#197  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 698
 
More
Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way
Hey I currently have an EVO 4G LTE but will be getting an S3 this week. My only question right now is when I get the new in box S3 is it OK I take the latest OTA update? (Jellybean?) I will be looking into rooting and what not soon so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by taking the updates. With HTC if you take ANY OTAs your likely screwing yourself so I'm wondering if the S3 is the same? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!
24th February 2013, 05:28 AM |#198  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 5,002
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmoyx

Hey I currently have an EVO 4G LTE but will be getting an S3 this week. My only question right now is when I get the new in box S3 is it OK I take the latest OTA update? (Jellybean?) I will be looking into rooting and what not soon so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by taking the updates. With HTC if you take ANY OTAs your likely screwing yourself so I'm wondering if the S3 is the same? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!

This root guide will work fine on the update. Go ahead and update, then come back here and get your root on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:07 PM |#199  
caileb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

The stock cord is junk. Also try to redownload the files they could be corrupted.

I re-downloaded the files... and tried to root on my laptop; no go.

I even tried to update my device with Samsung Kies... but it keeps getting stuck at "Connecting"
25th February 2013, 03:06 AM |#200  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 698
 
More
Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way
Skunk Ape1, I sent you a PM.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
25th February 2013, 03:25 AM |#201  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 5,002
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by caileb

I re-downloaded the files... and tried to root on my laptop; no go.

I even tried to update my device with Samsung Kies... but it keeps getting stuck at "Connecting"

Have you tried a different cable.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes