Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] Back Atcha Verizon-- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

OP AdamOutler

23rd February 2013, 05:35 PM   |  #551  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Alright.. I'm going to be out for the next week. If you're having problems, try this. If you have a problem with this one, and I mean ANY problem, please click About>Show Log>Copy to Clipboard and paste it in this forum. This will contribute to CASUAL's development. This is a totally separate application from the one in the first post.

if you're having problems download this CASUAL TESTING version

Changelog... lets see, the last version was Revision 218.. this is Revision 272.
Changelog is here: https://code.google.com/p/android-casual/source/list

Here's some highlights

Multi-threaded launch means faster startup time.
Reverted to JDK6 instead of JDK7 because its more compatible with more systems
Handled libusb -3 error by elevating permissions
Removed false permissions escillation required on Linux
Better Error Handling with more detail.

Mac SHOULD be one-click, but you must install Heimdall First! Then reboot.

23rd February 2013, 07:39 PM   |  #552  
Thanks Meter: 7

29 posts
Re: Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13
So fixing the - 3 libusb permissions should not be my problem. When I get off work, I will tinker around and see what the issue is. I have a few ideas.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 06:37 AM   |  #553  
Thanks Meter: 45

374 posts
Im having issues with casual seeing my phone. Also when I try to use odin for any of the tar files they fail. Im new to the bootloader thing..lol
24th February 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #554  
Thanks Meter: 7

29 posts
Re: Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwp16

Im having issues with casual seeing my phone. Also when I try to use odin for any of the tar files they fail. Im new to the bootloader thing..lol

Windows or Linux? If it is windows, check drivers, then cable, then port. Linux, check cable, then port. Make sure usb debugging is on either way under developer options in settings (can sometimes turn itself off).

26th February 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #555  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 201

287 posts
More
First and foremost - Thank you Adam for the work you have done putting this together!

Ok... like many others I was having issues getting the BackAtchaVerizon.tar to flash. I kept getting to Nand...blah, blah, blah... in Odin then it would freeze. I would do a battery pull then try again. My phone was stock (NOT rooted) and I had accepted the OTA to VRALL4. I am using a windows 7 computer.

Here was my fix:
1. Download all the file in the op except CASUAL.
2. Instead, download the CASUAL version that is found on post 551
3. Verified that your java is up to date.
4. Completely shut down your computer, leave it off for 1 minute.
5. Turn your computer back on and let everything settle in.
6. DISABLE YOUR VIRUS/FIREWALL PROTECTION.
7. Use the USB Cable that came with the phone
8. Follow the instructions in post 544. According to Adam it does not matter if you place the files in the PDA or the Bootloader section of Odin. I used the Bootloder area.

Hopefully the magic will work for you as it did for me
The Following User Says Thank You to wog81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #556  
Thanks Meter: 65

256 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelam304

ok, that worked great. thank you so much. i am doing a backup now. i have not flashed root66 yet. once the backup is completed, what do you recomend that i do next. thanks again for the assistance.

Assuming you are referring to backing up your internal memory and external SD card info on to your computer, then the next step would be to use ODIN and flash the root66 file. If you are already on some stock version of the Note II ROM, then you don't have to worry about loosing any of your information either. But it doesn't hurt to do a backup anyways.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwp16

See post #544
27th February 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #557  
Thanks Meter: 20

204 posts
I have a verizon note 2 that is currently unlocked, rooted with twrp recovery. Due to a wifi issue I can't solve, I am planning on going back to stock using Odin. I want to use the restore file that does not change the bootloader so I can keep it unlocked. I am assuming the Odin file will flash stock recovery. HOw do I flash an alternate recovery with an unlocked bootloader and stock recovery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
27th February 2013, 02:33 AM   |  #558  
Flag Boron
Thanks Meter: 184

1,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd240

I have a verizon note 2 that is currently unlocked, rooted with twrp recovery. Due to a wifi issue I can't solve, I am planning on going back to stock using Odin. I want to use the restore file that does not change the bootloader so I can keep it unlocked. I am assuming the Odin file will flash stock recovery. HOw do I flash an alternate recovery with an unlocked bootloader and stock recovery?

Easy way. Download Rom Manager from the market and flash recovery. Or Goo.manager if you want TWRP.

27th February 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #559  
Thanks Meter: 20

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishguy

Easy way. Download Rom Manager from the market and flash recovery. Or Goo.manager if you want TWRP.

The factory rom won't be rooted though. Both goo and rom manager require root to flash recoveries.

27th February 2013, 04:13 AM   |  #560  
Flag Boron
Thanks Meter: 184

1,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd240

The factory rom won't be rooted though. Both goo and rom manager require root to flash recoveries.

Yeah - that was pretty lame of me sorry. Here's a thread here you can check out...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34891181

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread