Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 41,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Two Aluminum Bumper Case Reviews: Ridged Ebay Special and Zomgo

Tip us?

\/icious
Old
Thanks Meter 19
The metal bumper hurt my GPS signal on my GS2 so I'm curious if the note 2 suffers the same fate
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

JLneonhug
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I like the 2nd style better, is it less bulky or the same?
Found this which is slightly cheaper.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281021558358

However I can't find one of this style which have buttons.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

superchi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailguy2 View Post
The one with buttons included in the best, the buttons feel good, all the cutouts are good, except the headpone one that doesn't fit a few number of headphones with thick plastic, but most headphone and jacks 90% of them fit very well or else add an extending cord that's slimmer.

I did a review of the black one. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post34153454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLneonhug View Post
I like the 2nd style better, is it less bulky or the same?
Found this which is slightly cheaper.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281021558358

However I can't find one of this style which have buttons.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
They are very similar in size. In terms of feel, the 2nd style (Zomgo) feels less bulky because it has rounded edges and an overall smoother design. I would have really liked it more than the first one I posted if not for the problems with the USB cutout.

The bumper case that has buttons is the one mentioned above by epicfailguy2 who did a review of it as well. Here's a link I found on ebay (not sure if this is the cheapest price though).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Metal-...item2c68bc7acc
posting from my computer ...

INCREMENTAL
Old
Thanks Meter 35
My Aluminum bumper case killed my Note 2s signal. Bought it from ebay and couldnt stand the signal issues. I dont recommend one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

SweetRedVoice
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Silver Zomgo Bumper Aluminum Battery Cover

I got the Zomgo Bumper with an Aluminum Cover. I had mine on order before reading the review ugh! and sure enough the original USB cable can not be used at all with the bumper I purchased! When it arrived I complained to the seller who gave me a $5 refund. I wanted to keep it as I really like the look. I purchased a cheapo 2.0 cable and filed down the plastic with a dremel. Works great!

The Zomgo Bumper on its own does not appear to cause any signal degradation, however the Aluminum Cover most definitely does. I will be swapping out the Aluminum Battery cover for a Silver carbon fiber one as the LTE data signal drops from 30mps to 9mps with it on

Thought I would reply to this if you really like the look of the Zomgo Bumper, but do not want to remove it to charge it!

sunny507
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys71 View Post
I got this simply stunning bumper case for my S3. combined with the custom battery back its amazing.

its 2 part and 4 "screws" hold it together. I am not a fan of the "look" of these slide together ones. has anyone see a case like this

but for the Note II ?
I too am looking for the none slide case that screws together. Any idea if these are available from anywhere?

Vince_cnc
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Two Aluminum Bumper Case Reviews: Ridged Ebay Special and Zomgo

Nice review! It's very helpful thanks!

I've ordered the zumgo bumper couple weeks ago. I'll receive it soon I hope..

Could you post a picture of your case with the usb cable? I wanna see where the plug touch the case to see if I can modify it.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

nerys71
Old
Thanks Meter 390
the only ones I have found are insanely expensive variations

Ghost_1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I recently took a gamble on the ZOMGO case myself. I figured it's got to be better than my EBAY bumper and I have a Dremel if I need it. I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on and the OEM charger fit in perfectly... I mean it's not snug or loose, it's perfect. I don't have pic of the charger plugged in but you should be able to see in the pics below. Might be the setup I have too.

Here are some pics to show my setup which works great. MIME SP, ZOMGO gunmetal bumper, Anker battery, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber Look 3M Vinyl, Spiegen Home Button.
Sorry for the huge pictures...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghost_1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xgrind
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: Two Aluminum Bumper Case Reviews: Ridged Ebay Special and Zomgo

How about Capdase Alumor Duo frame? I've ordered this from taobao (Chinese eBay equivalent). Looks much better than the 2 cases. I try to give a review when I get it within these 2 days.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2