Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Droid DNA Bootloader Unlock/New Method UPDATED 2/7/2013

Tip us?

droidrev71
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniff1 View Post
Chip,

I have the latest OTA, so it looks like I'm on pause mode.
On pause too.
Nexus 7 (unlocked and rooted)
Nexus 7 2013 (unlocked and rooted)
HTC ONE M8 (s-off)
LG G2 (rooted and recovery)
ONEPLUS ONE (shipped)
Black LG G3 (rooted)
3 Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to droidrev71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simkid5614
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I need this to work, I didn't root before I got it, And I don't want to be stuck with this VZW_001 crap. Props to whoever breaks the bootloader OTA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simkid5614 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mohamed_atef
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups View Post
UPDATE 2/7 - HTC HAS BLOCKED OUR CURRENT SUPERCID, SO I UPDATED TO A NEW ONE. GET IT AND USE IT WHILE IT STILL WORKS!

edit 2/13 - added source zip

Here you will find a new method to get "SuperCID" to allow bootloader unlock for the HTC Droid DNA. This method WILL prove easier than the original method and SHOULD prove safer.

Usual disclaimer - "I am not responsible if you brick or otherwise destroy your device (insert additional non-funny/non-witty comment here)."

Before we get started, PLEASE take a moment to review the credits:

1.) giantpune @ freenode. Here is a guy I've never met and yet he spent several hours crashing my kernel and coding/recoding, etc. to find exploit addresses. He doesn't own a DNA, has no personal interest in this project, yet spent ~10 hours on this. Then, he writes proper code for the cid patching routine without me even asking. This method would not be possible without him. PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - giantpune@gmail.com

2.) jcase @ andirc. Without his dedication and the original exploit, we could not have executed this new method. We needed a rooted device to get the addresses! PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=2376614

3.) htcjbutterfly @ andirc - aka SharpISO3 @ xda - thank you for the countless hours of letting me teamviewer in and screw around with your phone.

4.) Everyone else at team andirc. Cool group of people there.

5.) Goroh Kun (?).......The 2 exploits used are courtesy of his (?) code, and he (?) was gracious enough to post source. The attached APK is really about ~75% their code. But, since they were non-responsive in requests for porting help, they get the #5 spot here.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LD...NnM/edit?pli=1

So let's get started.

What you need:

1.) a Droid DNA
2.) this attached APK

Instructions:

1.) Download apk (attached, cid-2.apk)
2.) run it (in your app drawer titled HTC DNA SuperCID
3.) reboot to bootloader and confirm you have SuperCID:
a.) fastboot oem readcid

If you see 22222222, you are good. Proceed to htcdev to complete the process.

If you see something else (e.g. VZW__001) then reboot normally and try the process again.

Good luck.

If you need support, or care to say thanks, etc. please join us on IRC

andirc.net
#Droid-DNA

p.s. I'll post source soon. If you choose to reverse this apk, you'll probably notice I write REALLY bad code. I'm well aware of it and couldn't care less, so please don't bother me with code improvement suggestions.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mohamed_atef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jst2cul4u
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidrev71 View Post
On pause too.
Also unable to get the root (S-Off) after i just got the new DNA and the OTA update 2.04.605.2 710RD

azndan2
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkid5614 View Post
I need this to work, I didn't root before I got it, And I don't want to be stuck with this VZW_001 crap. Props to whoever breaks the bootloader OTA
I have a bunch of friends who need this as well. Unfortunately this is a common practice by Verizon, for some reason they keep trying to lock up phones that have been unlocked.
Sent from my NO ONE CARES WHAT PHONE/ROM/KERNEL/SPACESHIP you have STOP CLOGGING UP THE FORUM WITH YOUR EXCESSIVELY LONG SIGNATURES
The Following User Says Thank You to azndan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ickedmel
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Default Re: HTC Droid DNA Bootloader Unlock/New Method UPDATED 2/7/2013

Same predicament here =)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ickedmel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rascal9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickedmel View Post
Same predicament here =)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
Looks like its everyone Im in the same sinking boat

swamp2
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Folks - Please put your money where your mouth is. I've already offered $20 to the first exploit that gets us back to an unlocked bootloader. I would guess we might be able to help speed things up with some cold hard cash. I'd don't at all mind me being the only offer but multiplying this effect should certainly help. I certainly felt it couldn't hurt to post the offer again. I'm a noob here with this particular phone, just picked it up about 2 weeks or so back. I'm loving it so far and I'm darn anxious to get to a custom ROM, debloat, ad block, etc.

rascal9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Folks - Please put your money where your mouth is. I've already offered $20 to the first exploit that gets us back to an unlocked bootloader. I would guess we might be able to help speed things up with some cold hard cash. I'd don't at all mind me being the only offer but multiplying this effect should certainly help. I certainly felt it couldn't hurt to post the offer again. I'm a noob here with this particular phone, just picked it up about 2 weeks or so back. I'm loving it so far and I'm darn anxious to get to a custom ROM, debloat, ad block, etc.
Id throw some money and im loving the phone as well. Only minus is no removable battery or storage. Plus the HTC ONE is coming and i was thinking of returning mine with no unlock and the new phone on the horizon.

corey113888
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: HTC Droid DNA Bootloader Unlock/New Method UPDATED 2/7/2013

Believe me they are working on it. I am sure once done they will release.
~
HTC one max VZW!
ASUS tf700
~

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corey113888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe